2015 Love Is In The Air Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly considering an extra night or two. I can drive straight to work on Monday morning if we stay Sunday night.

I'm working on it. Right now though, you would think we are leaving to climb Mt. Everest, with all the preparation discussion, etc.

Tell her Mrs 441 and I left early on Sunday and it was a total letdown. Nothing worse than having an amazing day golfing and then having to shower at the course since we checked out and go right to airport from there while others went back to the pool to have drinks, dinner and hang out some more.

Everyone should have received a PM from me regarding extra nights.....please keep me posted
Incredible deal right there, we may just do one extra night on Sunday but I have to see what my parents are doing since they are watching the kids. How close to that day are we able to book?

Incredible deal right there, we may just do one extra night on Sunday but I have to see what my parents are doing since they are watching the kids. How close to that day are we able to book?

Well the extra nights are not part of the official room block for the event , so whenever they run out of availability at the hotel means no more rooms. Id say if you are on the fence to maybe call and hold a room just in case it works out.

Since others are posting there maps I will too I guess.

303152dce155f9ed125b15332a6f7ae6_zps1fe0f3a3.jpg

My drive is simple. 50 minutes on the turnpike to the akron airport and in three hours were in Orlando! Man I can't wait!

Tell her Mrs 441 and I left early on Sunday and it was a total letdown. Nothing worse than having an amazing day golfing and then having to shower at the course since we checked out and go right to airport from there while others went back to the pool to have drinks, dinner and hang out some more.
Staying that extra day was great. Sunday night was fun dinner and hanging out. Monday was fun at downtown Disney before an evening flight.

Was it discussed how we get to the course from the resort?

Was it discussed how we get to the course from the resort?

I recommend automobile, as walking with clubs would take quite some time. :D

I recommend automobile, as walking with clubs would take quite some time. :D

Thank you for clarifying! Is there a shuttle of some type I would imagine lol?

Not sure on shuttle, you can call and inquire, but I know if you have a car on site there is a parking fee of $18 a day

I would think that with the amount of vehicles, it will be pretty easy to get people to and from the resort. It's a very quick drive.

My trip to Gaylord won't take much time at all, I reckon..

Spoiler
ef499501293e3a486c5a3070632ddfa4.jpg

Bolding and enlarging for emphasis

Since im getting asked, I might as well let everyone know:

THe extra nights ARE NOT part of our rook block, we have been granted a price of $139 for extra nights stay. Because of this they are not "holding" rooms for us so if you are on the fence I would at least call and book a room so they at least hold it for you because once the rooms are gone they are gone!

No free shuttles to airport or anywhere else:

Airport Shuttle Service

Gaylord Palms partners with Mears Transportation, a company providing Orlando transport service for over 60 years, to ensure you have a top-notch experience. A member of Mears Transportation can bring you from Orlando International Airport to the hotel as part of their 24-hour airport shuttle service. There is a charge for the service.

To secure your shuttle reservation, call Mears Transportation's
24-hour reservations line at (407) 423-5566.

BUt they do shuttle to themeparks (part of our package)

Shuttle Service to Theme Parks

Transportation is included in your resort fee. Gaylord Palms offers shuttle bus service to Walt Disney World® theme parks and the Downtown Disney® area. A daily schedule is available at the concierge desk.

Shuttles to SeaWorld Orlando®, Universal Studios® Florida, and Wet-n-Wild® are $19* per person round-trip. To make your reservation, please contact our concierge at least 6 hours prior to pick-up.

I would be surprised if this resort offers a shuttle to go to a competing resort, but stranger things have happened. However there are lots of people heading to the event with many having vehicles, and while we wont be able to offer rides in the Tour Van to the course (transporting our Cobra/Puma guests), I am sure carpools will take place.

I would be surprised if this resort offers a shuttle to go to a competing resort, but stranger things have happened. However there are lots of people heading to the event with many having vehicles, and while we wont be able to offer rides in the Tour Van to the course (transporting our Cobra/Puma guests), I am sure carpools will take place.

I completely understand lol, I just didn't see anywhere in the event description stating the transportation part of the event. I wasn't sure if there was something planned considering there may or may not be a good number of couples not considering renting a car and that could put them in a odd position trying to get to the golf course which is the main part of this whole thing.

We'll have our car so I could fit 3 more besides my wife and myself I'm sure someone else will also be able to fit at least 3 also so between me and someone else that would make it for 3 more couples.

I would think that with the amount of vehicles, it will be pretty easy to get people to and from the resort. It's a very quick drive.

My trip to Gaylord won't take much time at all, I reckon..

Spoiler
ef499501293e3a486c5a3070632ddfa4.jpg

You don't live on the other side of disney over there do you?

Yikes. That almost merits a drive to Vancouver.

I looked into 3 diff departure airports & going all types of routes. This one was the best (ugliest) option for us. Depart 6pm thurs, arrive orlando friday 1:15 so hotel by 2:30 best guess.

You don't live on the other side of disney over there do you?

Haha negative sir. Over towards Tampa, but if the wife takes that Friday off then we'd have time to kill. Everyone assumes I work there anyway, so might as well go with it

I didn't even realize that you were coming from BC. That's a serious trip.

and to think, it's just to play golf with all you :D

I'll be renting a car so I can shuttle another couple over as long as I don't decide to go crazy and get a convertible or something.

We are staying until wednesday (yes mike, I'll be calling hotel tomorrow). I'll also be renting a car of some sort (probably cross-over size) to handle luggage & clubs, so getting to gc will only a matter of 'which way' lol

Haha negative sir. Over towards Tampa, but if the wife takes that Friday off then we'd have time to kill. Everyone assumes I work there anyway, so might as well go with it

orrr you come over Friday regardless and she gets there when she gets there.

#441Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back