Callaway XR Irons Preview Thread

In hand these clubs look good. I have a feeeling they are filled with GOGO juice.

G25's

Here's the comparison I pulled from their respective sites, just using the 7-9 for example -

Loft Length
XR’s
7 30° 37"
8 34.5° 36.5"
9 39° 36"

G25’s
7 32° 36.75"
8 36° 36.25"
9 40° 35.75"

PING went to 5° gaps with the G30's. They spec out pretty much the same these days.

The one thing I keep looking at it prep for the review is the shafts, 58g is an eye opener.

I tried both the stock steel and stock graphite. Graphite was 5 to 10 yards longer, but I was seeing more dispersión because I am not used to swinging such a light shaft.

Keep hoping to see a shipping notice from Callaway but doubt I will have these for my Scottsdale trip.

My shipping notice came late last night. They arrive on Wednesday, just in time for 6 rounds in the desert.

My shipping notice came late last night. They arrive on Wednesday, just in time for 6 rounds in the desert.
Hope they work really well. Please say how you get on...

Going to run to the Post Office here in a bit and hopefully Charlotte cooperates and I can get pic's and the new thread up this evening.

Going to run to the Post Office here in a bit and hopefully Charlotte cooperates and I can get pic's and the new thread up this evening.

Looking forward to this one. Wish I had spent a little more time with them in Carlsbad.

Looking forward to this one. Wish I had spent a little more time with them in Carlsbad.

They look fun as heck. Been watching the Doc Hock vids on them a lot this week, the tech they are rolling out is impressive, EVERYONE has to admit that.

They look fun as heck. Been watching the Doc Hock vids on them a lot this week, the tech they are rolling out is impressive, EVERYONE has to admit that.

They improved the 360 face cup design iron wise with these A LOT. Couldn't stand the Big Bertha's, but these are honestly just flat out fantastic distance irons.

Having some baby issues right now so I can't get all my photo stuff together at the moment, so I'll have to get all pics done and the new thread up tomorrow, for now though...

3529f5049b4156f30826890ebcf6b109.jpg

78ff8ff7e17148970f4ca653746cf303.jpg

3174d26d37c62456468fd369f6d9aa7c.jpg

5de57a3616020691d31628caab63613f.jpg

ac5ca2e2848b658f5d669c401047dc40.jpg

Damn they look nice. Why have I got such a new set of irons with no excuse to look at these. I want some new toys.....
those top lines don't look to thick for me...

I'll admit, they look way more balanced at address than what I has in my head, its why I took the quick pics of the 5i in the set.

I do prefer the brushed chrome that is on the Pro's to the polished on these, but they're a solid looking iron. I'm impressed out of the box.

I'll admit, they look way more balanced at address than what I has in my head, its why I took the quick pics of the 5i in the set.

I do prefer the brushed chrome that is on the Pro's to the polished on these, but they're a solid looking iron. I'm impressed out of the box.

It will be interesting to see how these are received versus the Pros. The XRs are definitely chunky compared side-by-side to the Pros and I did not find that they offered more forgiveness that I could see on Trackman. The XRs most definitely do offer a higher launch though.

It will be interesting to see how these are received versus the Pros. The XRs are definitely chunky compared side-by-side to the Pros and I did not find that they offered more forgiveness that I could see on Trackman. The XRs most definitely do offer a higher launch though.

They will outsell the Pros at a minimum of 2 to 1.

Mine were just delivered, looks like the weather will be nice enough on Thursday (64) to take them for a maiden voyage.

They will outsell the Pros at a minimum of 2 to 1.
Agreed.

Plus, they aren't that chunky, pretty standard size wise by irons in the same class.

I actually liked the lower ball flight. With the afternoon Seabreeze in SoCal I helps if you can keep the ball down out of the wind. I didn't see any distance advantage XR versus XR Pro. How about the rest of the THP'ers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mine were just delivered, looks like the weather will be nice enough on Thursday (64) to take them for a maiden voyage.
Envy. My delivery estimate is 2/26/15.

ec10217fd12e9cb629daf57404782b77.jpg

Can't wait to hear how they play outdoors in course conditions. I have only touched them indoors.

Anyone keep these in their bag or move on to something else? Interested to hear some players thoughts that have had a good number of rounds with them.

Thanks Gb

Anyone keep these in their bag or move on to something else? Interested to hear some players thoughts that have had a good number of rounds with them.

Thanks Gb
Just played the XR Pro's this morning. Consistently earn their place in my bag.

I currently have X2 Hot, MP5'S & the X 24 hot in my garage. The most consist distance and accuracy, playability and forgiveness are the XR Pro's

Pick up a set and you will most likely not regret it.

M2C

Back