Golf Swing. What are you working on?

I'm trying to get a bit more compact and to get my left shoulder to get a little lower in my backswing.

Focusing on two thoughts right now. Hands low, and point the butt of the club at the ball. Working hard on getting a good plane on my swing.

Full finish. After seeing Freddie's tips in a post on his sub forum, I realized that my finish is very sawed off and short, and that might be one of my distance issues. So I've been swinging inside (because, y'know, Massachusetts) and just concentrating on a full finish and I've noticed my weight is very forward, as is the low point of my swing. I'll be interested to see what happens when I get on the sim again in another week.

Now working on finishing my swing.

I have also been working on my shoulder rotation. Mostly trying to keep my left shoulder down on my backswing. I have a tendency to flatten out a little.

I have also been working on my shoulder rotation. Mostly trying to keep my left shoulder down on my backswing. I have a tendency to flatten out a little.
That's not a shoulder issue. The shoulders turn on an axis called you're spine. as the spine moves so does the level of the shoulders. Work on maintaining your spine tikt.

With all this regional rivalry talk going on I reached out to my old teacher in Myrtle and asked for some eyes, I'll be heading up there in 2 weeks for a half day with him in the studio. We're going to fix this thing once and for all and quite frankly I'm excited to rebuild.

Leg action. When I shift my weight from the top, my front knee gets out past the ankle, which really kills power. So, I'm working on loading into the ground, then getting a good "push" in my turn with my front leg straightening and squeezing my glutes. A lot to work on for sure!

Grooving my old swing that I use to kick arse and take names with . It sounds odd to be going backwards but you got to dance with the Lady that gives you the best sugar :kissing:

Rotating more and swaying less on the backswing. I also have a couple more shoulder flexibility exercises to my golf specific workout routine. I'm determined to get my body in golf shape for added distance and less fatigue after playing 27 or 36.

Grooving my old swing that I use to kick arse and take names with . It sounds odd to be going backwards but you got to dance with the Lady that gives you the best sugar :kissing:

Sounds good to me OG. After years of playing this game at least you know what your tendencies with your swing are and you have the confidence to swing at the ball. As a boss of mine used to say "no brain, no pain". Paralysis of Analysis can be a killer in this game.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me OG. After years of playing this game at least you know what your tendencies with your swing is and you have the confidence to swing at the ball. As a boss of mine used to say "no brain, no pain". Paralysis of Analysis can be a killer in this game.

I have enjoyed the game the last few months because I'm playing golf without over thinking. Playing golf it is much more fun for this old coot :thumb:

Back