What are you building? (Club style)

Just picked up a new superstroke USA 1.0 grip and a few tour lock weights to mess with my new putter. I thought about going the cheaper route with a clevis pin or lead tape in the butt end, but I wanted to be able to adjust it after putting the grip on. I really wish the weights in the method mod series were interchangeable. I picked up a mod 30 with a heavier head and would love to be able to tinker with both ends of the club, ala odyssey tank cruisers.

I've got to do some cutting and regripping either tonight or tomorrow night. Getting my obans to length will be priority.

Also, extending my standard m7 and adding an i-Line putter grip. It's a must!

I've got to do some cutting and regripping either tonight or tomorrow night. Getting my obans to length will be priority.

Also, extending my standard m7 and adding an i-Line putter grip. It's a must!

What length did you go to on the m7?

Canadan ClubWorks! Love it.

JM

Have yet to complete. Going to move it up to 35 inches. Seems to be more and more a very comfortable length for me.

35 is good.

Know what else is.... 36.5!

Good to see you going longer, think it will be a solid setup

Oh I forgot.. I also pulled the head off my '2013 Nike Method 005 project' that I never got around to.

Time to hit the bay for a new double bend and see what I can do about getting it back into playing shape. It's a cool head.

I don't tinker much anymore except with putters. My project for tonight is to add an inch of length to a 33.5" Seemore SB1, counter weight it with 40grams, and put a new Winn 1.18" grip on.

Just started my first full iron set project.

Here some pictures:

MacLeonard_2.jpg

MacLeonard_3.jpg

MacLeonard_4.jpg

The 5 iron is complete. I did this one first to test it on the range.

Shaft is FST 115 stiff.
Grips are Golf Pride Tour Velvet Full Cord.
Swing weight is D2.
Added 1/4 to the standard length to get D2 swing weight despite the light weight shaft.

Sharp looking iron.

Grip is easy peasy.

Double sided tape and WD40 is what I use. Spray the tape well. Spray up into the grip and shake it around. Pour out and excess and push it on. Hard. Don't go skimpy on the solvent.

Just installed my first ever grip, thanks in large part to this post. Was trying to install a superstroke using air and painters tape, and it wasn't going well. Remembered you mentioning using WD-40, sprayed that on the tape and the grip, bumped the PSI up a little, and it slid right on. Now to let it dry and see how I did.

When you use WD40 how long does it take to dry? I have never used it and I don't plan on it, but it sounds like a great backup plan if I run out of solvent!

When you use WD40 how long does it take to dry? I have never used it and I don't plan on it, but it sounds like a great backup plan if I run out of solvent!

Hawk could probably answer better, but I'm giving it 24 hours.

Hell I don't know for sure. I usually give it a night if it's a full swing club, but I've taken putters out directly afterwards.

Gotcha, thanks. Seems like a little longer wait for the irons and woods. I usually wait 1-2hrs before hitting clubs I gripped with grip solvent and have had no issues. Like I said, a great back up plan for me! Appreciate learning something new.

I'll be reshafting and regripping some irons this weekend, I'm excited. I'll be reshafting my MC J40's from the KBS Tour 90 to the DG Pro S300s that Kang sent me. I'm excited to do my first iron reshafting with the help of my boss.

Yesterday pulled a Matrix HD6 shaft from an Adams Speed Line 3 wood and am installing a Aldila Rip Phenom Shaft senior flex for my wife to try. Not that she wants a 3 wood, but I had the parts so why not.

Installing a new grip on my Nickent 5/FW utility club.

Where does everyone get there refinishing done at ?

And does black pvd make the club feel more harsh?

Stripped the paint off of my Nickent. Thinking of either sanding it and gaming it that way, or taking some grey Rustoleum to it.

Anyone know how long it will take to cure before I could game it?

Thinking of trying to find a Bassara Eagle shaft for my 7 wood. Wondering how well those shafts play. I know they're light, but are they high launching?

Back