What are you building? (Club style)

I don't have a shaft puller. So you are saying i can heat them and pull by hand?? Is pulling graphite any different than steel?

Graphite needs to be heated slowly and come straight out, otherwise you can splinter the end and ruin the shaft by twisting. Steel is obviously different and can be twisted to remove, so you're not going to need a device that pulls it out.

Just depends on what you're pulling and dealing with. Steel to steel, I can do a removal/install without machines. Anything with Graphite, you're better off paying someone.

Just threw some fresh z-cords on a new wide-sole wedge I finally picked up from the shop and a gleaming new Speeder 757x for my Covert 2.0. Getting pretty handy at installing grips, did them both on my lunch break and didnt even get my work clothes dirty haha.

My project today, RSi1 4-AW and 915Fd 3w.

d0069bb2d3b9d1910f6c5988a02daba7.jpg

1e6a9e2cb06508cc9957e137ff47f1ec.jpg

Will get them cut down to length and grips installed after they cure.

Find a Roberts Puller on ebay. Best money Ive ever spent in club building
I was looking for three one that ddec mentioned before and pretty sure that was the guy. Right now it looks like he doesn't have any for sale.

Apex mb and j15 mb getting a makeover. Pulled shafts from all, apex mb will receive nippon super peening blue along with md2 tour grinds 54 and 58. J15 mb will get sent out to get refinished with black oxide, will get aerotech steelfiber 125 when they return. Only have enough ferrules to get apex mb shafted for now

Apex mb and j15 mb getting a makeover. Pulled shafts from all, apex mb will receive nippon super peening blue along with md2 tour grinds 54 and 58. J15 mb will get sent out to get refinished with black oxide, will get aerotech steelfiber 125 when they return. Only have enough ferrules to get apex mb shafted for now

That sounds insaaaaaaaane!!!! Can't wait to see the MBs.

That sounds insaaaaaaaane!!!! Can't wait to see the MBs.
Will be awesome! The chrome was way bright out in Vegas lol. Can't wait to see the finished product

Will be awesome! The chrome was way bright out in Vegas lol. Can't wait to see the finished product

You better have a fancy camera to capture how insanely good they are going to be.

Who's doing the work?

You better have a fancy camera to capture how insanely good they are going to be.

Who's doing the work?
Couple choices in mind. Bosgolf is one but way expensive. Waiting for to find price from tourspec

I really need to get a puller. Price isn't terrible for the local shops to do it (6 bucks a piece) but then they charge EIGHTEEN dollars for shaft install hahahahaha! 18?!?!?!?!

Unreal. I may as well just do it all myself.

I really need to get a puller. Price isn't terrible for the local shops to do it (6 bucks a piece) but then they charge EIGHTEEN dollars for shaft install hahahahaha! 18?!?!?!?!

Unreal. I may as well just do it all myself.

Feeling the same way after borrowing a puller for 24hrs. So freakin easy to do, just like regripping. Why have I spent money on this??

Feeling the same way after borrowing a puller for 24hrs. So freakin easy to do, just like regripping. Why have I spent money on this??

I won't spend it on steel, but with how fragile graphite seems to be I've always erred on the side of "let someone else wreck it" hahahaha

Thinking I'm at the point where that just won't do anymore.. Especially if I can find a set of graphite iron shafts that suit my game.

It pays for itself quickly, just do it.

I won't spend it on steel, but with how fragile graphite seems to be I've always erred on the side of "let someone else wreck it" hahahaha

Thinking I'm at the point where that just won't do anymore.. Especially if I can find a set of graphite iron shafts that suit my game.

Steel isn't a problem. I was paranoid with graphite but tried it on some old shafts with tips on them to demo cause if they got wrecked, who cares. It's really REALLY simple and easy. Low heat, constant movement, piece of cake

Apex mb finished. 5 to pw received nippon super peening blue stiff. My favorite all time grips, lamkin crossline cords. Running out of ferrules suck, md2 tour grinds waiting on them. Apex uts waiting for ferrules as well, they will get nippon ns pro 980gh just like srixon u45.
8cf3a8af9a25453f72d16f1383f0be1c.jpg

Waiting on a decent GolfWorks shipping deal so I can buy all these building materials!!!

Also, getting closer and closer to convincing myself that having a shaft puller is needed. Roberts looks solid, but so does the Maltby on GW.

Waiting on a decent GolfWorks shipping deal so I can buy all these building materials!!!

Also, getting closer and closer to convincing myself that having a shaft puller is needed. Roberts looks solid, but so does the Maltby on GW.

Roberts.

alright alright alright. This is probably happening today. Oye.

Let me know if you find a place to buy one other than eBay, just for comparison purposes

Let me know if you find a place to buy one other than eBay, just for comparison purposes

I'm pretty sure eBay is the only option right now. Surprised no one has gone after this dude for his idea and made it bigger.

I'm pretty sure eBay is the only option right now. Surprised no one has gone after this dude for his idea and made it bigger.

No kidding. He would make a fortune

No kidding. He would make a fortune

Remember, not all golfers are tinker freaks like us, we're the 5% or so, the rest are unaware what they are spending on work done at shops is ludicrous, nor would they probably care. The the biggest money making venture so-to-speak haha

Remember, not all golfers are tinker freaks like us, we're the 5% or so, the rest are unaware what they are spending on work done at shops is ludicrous, nor would they probably care. The the biggest money making venture so-to-speak haha

Also true. It's just tough to find the darn good pullers, and that guy makes a darn good one

Dont quote me on this but IIRC he has actually gone out of business. The ebay seller does not make them. I think he is just selling the leftovers. Ive had a few conversations with him regarding the possibility of replacement parts. I had read somewhere that the Roberts "guy" was actually sued for copying the design from someone else.

Back