Adams Golf: Red Hybrid launch

I read about these hybrids in GolfWeek a couple weeks ago, and wondered if I had missed something about them on THP.

So this is perfect, looking forward to your thoughts and experience. So far looks like an awesome day and getting up close with Bernard Langer certainly doesn't suck.

Jack tells Greg Norman before the final round of the British to watch your grip presume tomorrow. The best telling one of the best somethjng that allowed him to him.

Bernhard just crushed the Red. And immediately put in the bag. No jokes, hut higher and linger than his 4 iron.

This guy is so grounded in his life. A real pleasure to listen to.

If you guys do Q&A can you ask what he's looking for in a hybrid? Other than it just being a long iron replacement that he can hit high/soft.

If you guys do Q&A can you ask what he's looking for in a hybrid? Other than it just being a long iron replacement that he can hit high/soft.

This would be hugely interesting. It's a different game for them, I'm just looking for something I can actually hit haha

As we get older and less flexible we need more hip turn. Simple logic to live by.

Am SO enjoying this. Bernhard has been a favorite of mine for many years!

JM

This thread is awesome.

He said he looks for consistent ball flight and distance. He is not looking for a club he can hit 230 one time and 210 the next. He wants it to have its place in his bag.

I know this is about the Red but I was just handed a New driver. It launched higher than my gamer, longer and easier.

I know this is about the Red but I was just handed a New driver. It launched higher than my gamer, longer and easier.

Just getting caught up - at the right time it looks like. Enjoy it enough for all of us.

I wonder how the red compared to the Pro?

He said he looks for consistent ball flight and distance. He is not looking for a club he can hit 230 one time and 210 the next. He wants it to have its place in his bag.

Words to ingrain.

SURPRISE, Adams has produced another solid hybrid. The size and shape are please at set up. The weight is good through the swing. For those that are aware of the club through the swing, this is going to fit nice. It's easy to launch and doesn't Ballon into the breeze.

The wind is blowing out here today and the ball just cut thru like butter. I'm playing the 20* with a Altus stiff. Great combo!

Tell us more!!!

My man Jory! Great host!
7ba264c711fbe4090c2c7ca7192ee5fd.jpg

I wonder how the red compared to the Pro?
Much more forgiving and easier for me to hit. This may be differnt for others but I'm impressed.

58a49ba861b4a545026b2710c058a64a.jpg

Talking bag set up. He has been playing the same shaft for years. Puts his grip ls on weak and has the ridge done the back so his grip is never second guessed. Looks for consistent ball flight across the face. Doesn't want a club that misses low or high.

30 years anniversary of Bernhard' master win. 4 shots back making the turn. Knew he had to take chances to win. Hit and pulled off shots that he wouldn't normally play. Went direct at the flag on 12 with 7 irons. Never looked at leader board until 17 when he was two ahead. That's keeping your head down and golfing your ball.

Talking about how long Augusta has gotten as well as how narrow. Used to be a hooker course with 6 holes were it was needed. Now Maybe one. The fairways used to be 80-90 yards down to 35 yards. And plays harder.

Tons of great information, thanks Freddie. As a hybrid lover and tinkerer I'll be giving this one a serious run at the bag this year.

Wait wait wait wait...

That is amazing, the pro was is awesome, improving on that is very impressive.

Much more forgiving and easier for me to hit. This may be differnt for others but I'm impressed.

Back