I've never had any problems with them?

Well, after talking with my pro, I think I am going to give the burners a try. Worst that happens is that I hate them and buy a new set. I think I am channeling the spirit of OEM haha.

Well, after talking with my pro, I think I am going to give the burners a try. Worst that happens is that I hate them and buy a new set. I think I am channeling the spirit of OEM haha.

Ok, I have to step in. Tour or Regular Burners?

Ok, I have to step in. Tour or Regular Burners?

regular burners. Don't know if I am good enough for Tour. I would like to try them, but I don't know if I am consistant enough yet.

regular burners. Don't know if I am good enough for Tour. I would like to try them, but I don't know if I am consistant enough yet.

But you are trading in a set that cost significantly more right now.

That is a good point. Would you go for the tour burners?

No, not for where you are. I would go for R9s because I think they are better than the other two. My opinion of course. But you have made incredible progress with a set of irons and do not dislike them, only the problems that you have had with this particular set. I would give it another go. Just my opinion though.

No, not for where you are. I would go for R9s because I think they are better than the other two. My opinion of course. But you have made incredible progress with a set of irons and do not dislike them, only the problems that you have had with this particular set. I would give it another go. Just my opinion though.

good point. I think I am still going to go with the burners just to try something new. I may live to regret this day, but the equipment ***** in me is coming out.

Stick with the R9s. I had the 09 Burners and Tour Burners and neither play as well for me as the R9s, especially the shafts (I love the KBS). I have not had any problems with mine, and I have had them since release day. You must have just got a bad set, so ask for a new fresh set and let the old karma go with your old set.

I would have a hard time playing the same irons that I have already sent back a few times. Good luck with whatever you get.

If you have youre heart set on the burners, get them to squeeze out an xft or two to something to make up the cost
good point. I think I am still going to go with the burners just to try something new. I may live to regret this day, but the equipment ***** in me is coming out.

Seth, you have a PM.

I think I would be a little fed up with the same thing happening as well. Saving grace is that TM seems like a great company for letting you choose the set of your choice to remedy the situation.

I didn't feel right about the burners after I made that decision, so I am, in fact, getting the R9s again. 3-PW because, one day, I might want to use a 3 iron instead of a 3 hybrid.

Reply sent JB.

Just my humble opinion,,,, I would have gone with the Burners. I demoed a set and they were the quite solid and long hitting irons . But each his own and so you got to go with what Setho feels is right for him. If you are TM Brand loyal like I am with my brand you need to find a set that will benefit you the most and give you the most confidence.

Good luck,
Gray

haha. I have thought about that actually, but the offset on the X24 irons is huge.

where do you get this information. we've had this conversation before, remember!

stick with the R9's buddy, you hit them well, you just happened to be the beneficiary of some bad luck, that's all. the kbs shafts are awesome and you do hit them well.

Just my humble opinion,,,, I would have gone with the Burners. I demoed a set and they were the quite solid and long hitting irons . But each his own and so you got to go with what Setho feels is right for him. If you are TM Brand loyal like I am with my brand you need to find a set that will benefit you the most and give you the most confidence.

Good luck,
Gray

I just didn't feel right in my stomach about the burners. I truly love the R9 irons, I just got a little mad. I am not brand loyal in the least. I will play anything, it just so happens that I am gaming mostly TM stuff at the moment.

where do you get this information. we've had this conversation before, remember!

stick with the R9's buddy, you hit them well, you just happened to be the beneficiary of some bad luck, that's all. the kbs shafts are awesome and you do hit them well.

haha. I knew you would pick up on that TC! Top line is too think as well lol.

Still try and get an XFT for all of your troubles!!

I am having them throw in a 3 iron. I love long irons and I am going to see how well I hit it and maybe replace the 3H with it (after a bunch of range time).

i think you made an excellent decision and kudos to TM for taking care of you. it's unfortunate that you had this dilemma, but hey, stuff happens! good luck dailing in the 3 iron buddy!

I just didn't feel right in my stomach about the burners. I truly love the R9 irons, I just got a little mad. I am not brand loyal in the least. I will play anything, it just so happens that I am gaming mostly TM stuff at the moment.

haha. I knew you would pick up on that TC! Top line is too think as well lol.

I am having them throw in a 3 iron. I love long irons and I am going to see how well I hit it and maybe replace the 3H with it (after a bunch of range time).

Good for your buddy! Just as long as you are happy and confident with the R9's. Just like any thing you buy sometimes you get a lemon. I believe your new R9's will be the strawberry and whip cream of the bunch :eek:)... Enjoy your new toys!!!!!

Thats awesome to hear. Good luck with the 3i!!!

I am going need all the luck I can get with the 3i. It may never find its way to the course, but then again, it might. The thing about not knowing something is hard is it becomes not hard.

I am going need all the luck I can get with the 3i. It may never find its way to the course, but then again, it might. The thing about not knowing something is hard is it becomes not hard.

you'll be fine with it setho! you might even find it inredibly useful.

Back