Launch Monitors - The Standard and New Breed

Im really curious to give the new FlightScope a run.

i've been on trackman, flightscope, and callaway performance analysis systems. the trackman and flightscope were for full-length fittings, the cpas was only a handful of balls during a clinic. i've found trackman to be the most accurate. the flightscope numbers were at times pretty far off. 160y 9-irons, 125y 56* wedges, while i know i have to step on a 9i to hit it 140, and a flushed 56* is my 105y club.

i want a gc2+hmt in my house so bad! which is if you saw my tiny, poorly-laid out, starter home you'd see how impossible that dream is!

I've only used Swing Coach more than one time. I like how it shows clubhead path and shows how far in/out it traveled and clubface degrees in/out. I like the driving range and how it tracks 10 shots per club with all the stats. Wish it stored video from back and top though, that would be sweet.

Is Trackman what Dicks bought right before they laid off the pros? I think Swing Coach might have been more accurate than that one.

i've been on trackman, flightscope, and callaway performance analysis systems. the trackman and flightscope were for full-length fittings, the cpas was only a handful of balls during a clinic. i've found trackman to be the most accurate. the flightscope numbers were at times pretty far off. 160y 9-irons, 125y 56* wedges, while i know i have to step on a 9i to hit it 140, and a flushed 56* is my 105y club.

i want a gc2+hmt in my house so bad! which is if you saw my tiny, poorly-laid out, starter home you'd see how impossible that dream is!
I have heard the flightscope is sensitive to setup, and often times are in hitting bays too small to be accurate.

I've been on quite a few different ones, including track man, flightscope, gc2, zelocity, Callaway system, golftecs system, and some others. I know track man will give you more info, but I've never drilled down that far. For the numbers I look at, spin, launch, carry aoa, ball speed and swing speed, flightscope and track man have been about the same for me. Gc2 is great, but a little bit less info

I have heard the flightscope is sensitive to setup, and often times are in hitting bays too small to be accurate.

that would make sense. this particular fitter's space isn't very big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny this thread popped up. I've been looking at various launch monitors lately.

I had a chance to get on a Trackman for over an hour with my friend who is a pro at his country club. I really enjoyed my experience and the information Trackman provided really helped both of us look at my swing and see where I could improve. Trackman is definitely a great teaching tool. Would never be able to afford one but I still consider Trackman to be the gold standard.

The Golfsmith near me has a GC2 but it never really seems to work well. I think they said something about the software updating but they didn't update their monitors so it didn't function quite as it should (I don't remember exactly what they said so don't quote me on this). Either way, don't really trust the results but I think with the latest monitor and software it could be a fantastic system.

I am very interested in the Swing Caddie SC200 whenever they decide to release it. If it's priced similar to the SC100 I will be getting one. Gotta say, their marketing department could use a little help though. Haven't hear any information on this since we saw it at the PGA Show.

What really has my interest going forward is some of these systems that run in the $2,000 range. I came across Sky Trak and for the money they really offer a lot of information. Still has room for improvement but I think they are off to a good start. I think down the road we will see some launch monitors in this price range that consumers will be able to afford that will offer a ton of information and be very accurate.

Funny this thread popped up. I've been looking at various launch monitors lately.

I had a chance to get on a Trackman for over an hour with my friend who is a pro at his country club. I really enjoyed my experience and the information Trackman provided really helped both of us look at my swing and see where I could improve. Trackman is definitely a great teaching tool. Would never be able to afford one but I still consider Trackman to be the gold standard.

The Golfsmith near me has a GC2 but it never really seems to work well. I think they said something about the software updating but they didn't update their monitors so it didn't function quite as it should (I don't remember exactly what they said so don't quote me on this). Either way, don't really trust the results but I think with the latest monitor and software it could be a fantastic system.

I am very interested in the Swing Caddie SC200 whenever they decide to release it. If it's priced similar to the SC100 I will be getting one. Gotta say, their marketing department could use a little help though. Haven't hear any information on this since we saw it at the PGA Show.

What really has my interest going forward is some of these systems that run in the $2,000 range. I came across Sky Trak and for the money they really offer a lot of information. Still has room for improvement but I think they are off to a good start. I think down the road we will see some launch monitors in this price range that consumers will be able to afford that will offer a ton of information and be very accurate.
Is the only difference in the SC200 voice readouts? It would be great if they allowed users to adjust lofts.

I have been on a Trackman and a GC2 but only about 8 times total. When testing I still really like to hit clubs outside off of real grass over multiple days and watch the flight and watch where it lands. Certainly Trackman can save time and point me in the right direction and I would love to own one if they were $2000 or less but I still can find the right shaft/head combination without one. Several of the guys at out ppr club get way to hung up on equipment/shafts and numbers off of Trackman and forget that lower scores are what it's all about.

I have been on a Trackman and a GC2 but only about 8 times total. When testing I still really like to hit clubs outside off of real grass over multiple days and watch the flight and watch where it lands. Certainly Trackman can save time and point me in the right direction and I would love to own one if they were $2000 or less but I still can find the right shaft/head combination without one. Several of the guys at out ppr club get way to hung up on there equipment and numbers off of Trackman and forget that lower scores are what it's all about.
Are they not able to bring their Trackman outside?

Is the only difference in the SC200 voice readouts? It would be great if they allowed users to adjust lofts.

Apparently launch angle and ball speed are added to the SC200. If that's the case that's a lot of improvements. However, Voice Caddie hasn't been saying much about it so we'll have to wait and see.

Are they not able to bring their Trackman outside?

Yes they can and that is the certainly the best way to fit a club. The point I was trying to make is many spend a lot of time looking and obsessing at numbers off the Trackman a couple times every month while ignoring simple things like alignment, pre-shot routine, and short game practice. The golf technology is a shiny new ball for them at the expense of paying attention to what will lower their scores.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate enough to have been on all three of the ones listed in JBs original post. Not really partial to any of then. Think they all have their benefits.

Like the simplicity and portability of GC2, but the depth and abilities of the other two are extremely impressive.

I guess if I had to pick one it would be Flight scope just simply because it's the one I've been on most often.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have hit off the GC 2 and the Trackman. The GC 2 I was only hitting it indoors and the Trackman I have used both inside and out both were spiiting out roughly the same numbers but because of the outside experience with the Trackman I preferred that.

Trackman outdoors is as good as it gets IMO.
Hopefully one day its affordable.

For those who have been on multiple, would you consider Flightscope inferior to Trackman? If anything based just on name alone? Do you consider Trackman to be the gold standard? Generally curious here as both systems are similar.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I've never been on either dean as much as I'd love to I just don't know where to do so at.

For those who have been on multiple, would you consider Flightscope inferior to Trackman? If anything based just on name alone? Do you consider Trackman to be the gold standard? Generally curious here as both systems are similar.

I don't consider one to be better than the other. I do find that during pga telecasts or interviews with pro's they mention Trackman so I think it's like when clubs have the most used on tour.

Unless I was using one on a daily basis I wouldn't even know how to evaluate them to consider one better than the other.

I've only been on whatever is at Golfsmith, and only once. That was when the Bertha came back. I've been itching to get on one again since.

This is an interesting question. Trackman has done well in developing a name that is synonomous with accuracy and doppler. It works incredibly well, is used by many and prices itself as the premium product. The new FlightScope appears to offer much of the same. Used at many of the OEMs as well, but seems to lack the cache.

I will say that FlightScope has worked extensively on the app side and brings some cool things to the table.

I'm not a fitter or trained to use either, but I personally did not see much difference in the two when it came to numbers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Both are awesome machines. When they both first came out, I would have given trackman the nod. Now? They're both close enough and to the point where I'm not good enough to note if they're a yard off.

I originally tried an ES14 launch monitor and that was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever used. I would have to hit it near perfect for the LM to pick the ball up and give me a somewhat reasonable reading.

After that, I ponied up and bought a GC2 and it was a great investment. I use it almost daily and really do use the spin and launch angle readings to help my game.

i don't think i would say its inferior. For sure trackman has the name recognition and marketing behind it from the tour and from a lot of teaching pros. I know a few of the OEM reps here use flightscope and from the fittings i have done they work fine and provide plenty of information to do a proper fitting and can even be used as a teaching tool. I think flightscope has been making improvements in their technology and what they offer.

If someone was looking for a good LM at a cheaper price than Trackman Flightscope is a good option.

I havent been on a Trackman or Flighgtscope yet, but have been on a Zelocity and GC2 without HMT. The GC2 is my favorite of the two because of simplicity and the app displays flightdata in a very usuable graphic.

I have been on all 3, Trackman, Flightscope and the ones at golfsmith. I think Trackman is the gold standard for sure, but the Flightscope would be a close second in my opinon. Though everytime I was on the Trackman I was outdoors and the Flightscope was indoors. Unfortunately the place I used to go that had the Flightscope closed up shop about 1 1/2 years ago. At the time, I believe Flightscope was about $4G less than Trackman if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong and it gave similiar numbers to what I am used to seeing.

Having an affordable one would be dangerous. I could hit balls and look at numbers all day long. Although I have never tried it, there is a place about an hour from me that has Trackman games you can play. I think you pay like $20 for the hour or something but it has been awhile since I've been there.

Back