The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to my first spring training game of the season on Friday. Go Buccos!

I am so ready for the season to start.

Cant believe opening day is only 9 days away....FINALLY!

Cant believe opening day is only 9 days away....FINALLY!

can't wait. Very intrigued by my team this year. Should be an interesting follow.

can't wait. Very intrigued by my team this year. Should be an interesting follow.

Saw Texeira say that Didi is the best shortstop he has ever seen (in terms of fielding). Thats a pretty awesome thing to say. I am actually pretty damn excited for the season. I think we may not make the playoffs but we will be fun to watch for a change.

.....and the Sox still have no better than a #3 starter.....

Saw Texeira say that Didi is the best shortstop he has ever seen (in terms of fielding). Thats a pretty awesome thing to say. I am actually pretty damn excited for the season. I think we may not make the playoffs but we will be fun to watch for a change.

I can't remember who had the article, but it was Arod critiquing Didi from a scout's view. Was a good read. Their defense is really strong with the exception on RF. Their bullpen should be good as long as someone settles in to the closer role. If the pitching staff can avoid injuries they will compete. That's a big IF though.

I can't remember who had the article, but it was Arod critiquing Didi from a scout's view. Was a good read. Their defense is really strong with the exception on RF. Their bullpen should be good as long as someone settles in to the closer role. If the pitching staff can avoid injuries they will compete. That's a big IF though.

Yeah I think they will live and die with their pitching. If they can stay healthy, they can win that division.

First post in here, if you couldn't tell I am a Miami fan so the Marlins are my team. Wonder if spending the money on Stanton was smart. I like the team but they are young. Pitching seems solid but isn't Heron like 50 or something. Salty, Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton, Hechaviarra (think I spelled that right), and Prado all seem very solid. Dee Gordon and Morse I don't know enough about to have an opinion. I hope they can make the playoffs at least.

First post in here, if you couldn't tell I am a Miami fan so the Marlins are my team. Wonder if spending the money on Stanton was smart. I like the team but they are young. Pitching seems solid but isn't Heron like 50 or something. Salty, Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton, Hechaviarra (think I spelled that right), and Prado all seem very solid. Dee Gordon and Morse I don't know enough about to have an opinion. I hope they can make the playoffs at least.

Dee Gordon is going to swipe 70 bases this year for you guys. The Marlins spending money, we've seen it before, let's see how long it lasts. They certainly have some good young players on that team.

I think the Fish can make a run at the Wild Card but it will be partially dependent on Jose Fernandez and if he can regain his form.

I almost bought a 20 game weekend plan but I just don't trust the Management. I can see them blowing this up after the all star game in 2017.

I think the Fish can make a run at the Wild Card but it will be partially dependent on Jose Fernandez and if he can regain his form.

I almost bought a 20 game weekend plan but I just don't trust the Management. I can see them blowing this up after the all star game in 2017.

What are their ticket prices like? Did they increase now that they are spending more $?

You mean like every other time :banghead:. win the world series trade em all! do nothing buy up a bunch of players and win it again...trade em all! they do some crazy stuff. Also I will never go see them at the new stadium I am still salty over them killing the O.B. for this ugly thing.

Royals fan here. I was able to attend a spring training game in Surprise last week. First time for that and was a thrill.

What an incredible run last season, I still can't believe it happened. I was lucky enough to attend game 4 of the ALCS to see us clinch a WS spot.

Can't wait for the season to begin!

What are their ticket prices like? Did they increase now that they are spending more $?
They're not too bad. I was looking at club seats $800 for 20 games on the 3rd base side. The problem is I'd have to get 4 tickets lol.

You mean like every other time :banghead:. win the world series trade em all! do nothing buy up a bunch of players and win it again...trade em all! they do some crazy stuff. Also I will never go see them at the new stadium I am still salty over them killing the O.B. for this ugly thing.

Yeah I sure do miss the OB, but you should check out a game. It's one of the nicest stadiums in the league.

They're not too bad. I was looking at club seats $800 for 20 games on the 3rd base side. The problem is I'd have to get 4 tickets lol.

Yeah I sure do miss the OB, but you should check out a game. It's one of the nicest stadiums in the league.
Next time I come down and visit family I probably will. I remember watching games at Joe Robbie for free when we used to get tickets from Doris' Market.

Displaced long time Oakland Athletics fan here.

Things are looking promising with the A's having the most Spring Training wins so far. The offense is putting up runs and although I thought the Zito deal was awful it seems putting the A's jersey back on has rejuvenated him a bit.

Surprise, surprise! Kris Bryant to minors to start the year. Money and years of control speaks louder then bombs!

Cubs also sent Javier Baez down. Who's on 2nd?

Cubs also sent Javier Baez down. Who's on 2nd?

"Tommy La Stella and Arismendy Alcantara will see time at second base until the powerful but inconsistent Baez improves his plate discipline."
Who? I had Baez on one of my fantasy teams. Was hoping he'd stick.

100% agree with sending Bryant down. 1 extra year is worth losing him for 9 games. Though I hope we can get an extension with him before he hits free agency. The Baez send down is surprising but we will see how it goes. I don't expect him to be there for long

100% agree with sending Bryant down. 1 extra year is worth losing him for 9 games. Though I hope we can get an extension with him before he hits free agency. The Baez send down is surprising but we will see how it goes. I don't expect him to be there for long

Unless it is a HUGE offer, going to be tough to get this done with Boras as his agent.

And I agree that the Cubs absolutely made the right move sending him down. I think 12 or 13 days is all it takes to get an extra year of service time.

Unless it is a HUGE offer, going to be tough to get this done with Boras as his agent.

And I agree that the Cubs absolutely made the right move sending him down. I think 12 or 13 days is all it takes to get an extra year of service time.

with boras as his agent he will hit the free agent market and the cubs will milk every year and penny they can while they have him...its not many days and its well worth it to the franchise to get that extra year and sacrifice about 2 weeks worth of games. he isn't the first and won't be the last.

Not a fan of Tony Clark trying to pressure the Cubs to not send him down. i get what he is trying to do but baseball is all about business for the owners. nothing against the rules for what they are doing.

I think it is April 15. Which I think is 9 games. And Boras is a big reason why I agree with the move. He is gonna want him to test free agency so keep him here as long as possible.

However if he is as good as he has looked give him what they want to keep him a Cub. Time will tell if he is as good as advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back