adidas Golf Introduces the First Fully Asymmetrical Golf Shoe - asym energy boost

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

adidas Golf Introduces the First Fully Asymmetrical Golf Shoe

Technology and Dedication to the Athlete Drives the Brand’s Most Innovative Golf Shoe

CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 31, 2015) — adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, unveils today the first fully asymmetrical golf shoe, asym energy boost®, the most innovative footwear from the brand to date. The uniquely built left and right shoes guide weight transfer, stability and power through the swing. asym energy boost is the latest in footwear from adidas Golf that highlights the revolutionary BOOST™ cushioning and incorporates advanced technologies to best support the athlete and their performance.

adidas has always sought to create and implement technologies into products that give the athletes an advantage, regardless of the field of play. Utilizing the latest biomechanical equipment adidas Golf was better able to analyze footwear during the golf swing and more importantly how footwork impacts the game. Through extensive heat map and force plate pressure studies it became clear just how different and unique the vertical and horizontal forces were for each foot during the swing. It became clear there were potentially huge advantages in harnessing these differences and having design and performance characteristics dedicated to both the front and back foot.
i-JDH94Mr-M.png

"There is a reason no other brand has brought a fully asymmetrical shoe to market,” said Masun Denison, Director of Global Product Marketing, Footwear at adidas Golf. “It was a challenging process that involved a lot of additional research and much more design and development. Once we saw the advantage this product could offer and being the performance and innovation leader we are, we felt it was our duty to bring it to golfers of all skill levels.”

Offered in both left and right handed versions, the asym energy boost strategically placed tour-proven gripmore® spikes on the outsole in a variety of sizes to provide improved stability, grip, and performance during all phases of the swing. The revolutionary footwear also features full-length boost™ midsole foam for unrivaled cushioning and endless energy, an asymmetric upper and outsole designed to harness swing power and improve footwork and an energy sling to guide energy transfer and prevent power leaks during the swing.

i-7HMPLfR-M.png

“The great thing about asymmetrical technology is that it is intuitive, meaning whenever we tell someone why we developed the asym energy boost and explain that our feet work differently during the golf swing, people get it,” continues Denison. “It is complex to make a shoe like this, but easy to understand the benefit it provides.”

Available April 1, men’s asym energy boost will be available in two colorways and sold for both left and right-handed golfers at an MSRP of $300USD.

For more information on adidas’ asym and BOOST technology or to view the entire BOOST footwear collection, visit adidasgolf.com, and join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more exclusive content.

I like the idea of the tech for these and I think that it could help stability. However, I do not like the looks or the price point of these shoes.

At least they didn't leave the lefties out!

Interesting idea but at $300 for a pair of golf shoes, I can honestly say I won't have a pair.

Interesting idea, I guess. I just have a hard time believing my game has been held back all these years by wearing symmetrical shoes.

Interesting tech. Hate the look.

As a person that has often played in tennis shoes (because I have forgotten my golf shoes)and seen no difference 90% of the time, I don't think I will be purchasing a pair of these at $300. Not to mention I am sure the costs to replace the spikes is going to be fairly high since there are several different sizes.

Great idea but big price point especially for non replaceable spikes. I like the look but the only way I will own a pair is if I can find them on sale .

Is this a joke... For 300 I won't buy them but for 140 or so I would totally get the lefty version

• Admin
I honestly look at this as an inventory nightmare. Now you not only have to stock sizes, but dexterity of shoe? I wonder how this works with the retailers.

And available in Left handed! Keeping the vocal minority happy!! :alien:

Great idea and glad to see they are available for lefties as well. I don't mind the look but I have a hard time paying $170 for a pair of shoes, let alone $300. I'll wait.. awhile before I try these.

I honestly look at this as an inventory nightmare. Now you not only have to stock sizes, but dexterity of shoe? I wonder how this works with the retailers.
I am curious if this will be a widely available retail option or only in select stores/off the Adidas site

.........I'm not going to lie....I can't wrap my head around this concept.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They should call these shoes "The Divorce," because that is what would happen to me if I bought them

I do like these. I have yet to wear a pair of Adidas shoes that made me want to keep them however

$300 holy smokes..... Way out of my league.

$300 for golf shoes!?!?! I would be afraid to wear them and get them dirty!

They should call these shoes "The Divorce," because that is what would happen to me if I bought them

That may be true but it wouldn't be the first time someone in my household bought a pair of $300 shoes... Or the last. And I would probably wear these 100 times more than the [Insert Italian Name Here] shoes that are already in the closet

Interesting concept. But for the price point there are alternatives. Plus I need to see other colors as well.

The price doesn't bother me. High end shoes have a price and that's not out of line for that. The left shoe vs right shoe does seem like a damn nightmare though!

my tought as well, I have enough trouble finding any golf shoe in a size 13 that would fit, now having to find a left handed 13!? I can't even imagine....

Seems to make a lot of sense and the shoe looks pretty nice too. For the price tag though, I don't know I would get enough out of it to warrant buy them.

Interesting for sure. Unfortunately, Adidas golf shoes are way too narrow for my feet. Even in the wide widths they offer.

The price doesn't bother me. High end shoes have a price and that's not out of line for that. The left shoe vs right shoe does seem like a damn nightmare though!
The price for a high end shoe doesn't bother me but I would be curious how the permanent gripmore spikes hold up. Not being able to replace the spikes at a show that expensive is tough to swallow for me. I will say the other shoes in the boost line are some of the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever put on so I am sure these are more of the same on the comfort front.

Back