adidas Golf Introduces the First Fully Asymmetrical Golf Shoe - asym energy boost

Interesting idea, good looking but I will not be rocking these as they are too pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the looks of the shoe, but the price is a little lofty for my budget. I will give them a shot next year at half price just like my TW's and FJ xps.

Wow shoes for righties and lefties, interesting. Not something I'll prolly ever own.

I like the tech, I like the looks, but I hate the price.

Interesting for sure. Unfortunately, Adidas golf shoes are way too narrow for my feet. Even in the wide widths they offer.

Same here... I have never worn a pair of Adidas that fit my feet well.

Like the shoes but not the price. I will stick with forking out $300 for 5 or 6 pairs of shoes over a 3 -4 year time period.

I honestly look at this as an inventory nightmare. Now you not only have to stock sizes, but dexterity of shoe? I wonder how this works with the retailers.

A sister company has had inventory problems galore and somehow no one learned from that?

Let's create even more of a mess by having to build and stock more custom products and then let's charge an astronomical amount for them.

I'm not sure TM/Adidas has quite gotten the picture yet.

At least they are pushing the envelope, but I don't see these being wildly successful for all the reasons people have mentioned. Maybe it will work well for their tour pros who don't have to pay for shoes?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks they would have a stock issue. While each shoe is made differently, two are made as a set and paired together. If you have a warranty issue with one shoe, they are going to replace the pair with a new pair. Not just one shoe that has the problem. I don't expect the asymmetrical design to be an issue at all.

However, the $300 price point is a problem. $200 is a problem for most people. I'd say $150 at best, $200 with the BOA system at best. I'll buy these next year when a new model is released and these can be had with the BOA for under $200. I actually just bought last years Tour 360X with BOA for $120. I was able to do so thanks to this shoe being released.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks they would have a stock issue. While each shoe is made differently, two are made as a set and paired together. If you have a warranty issue with one shoe, they are going to replace the pair with a new pair. Not just one shoe that has the problem. I don't expect the asymmetrical design to be an issue at all.

However, the $300 price point is a problem. $200 is a problem for most people. I'd say $150 at best, $200 with the BOA system at best. I'll buy these next year when a new model is released and these can be had with the BOA for under $200. I actually just bought last years Tour 360X with BOA for $120. I was able to do so thanks to this shoe being released.
If I stock 10 size 10s to meet demand, I now have to determine how many of those in size 10 are right handed vs left handed and try to order accordingly. Basically further segmenting the stock increases the chances of ordering the wrong quantity.

The stock issue is now stores will have to order all sizes in right handed and left handed. Although I am going to guess Lefty's will have issues finding a pair at local stores . They will have to try on the right handed pair to assess comfort then order the left handed. Just a guess but I can't see stores wanting to shell out to carry 2x the inventory they normally do.

Last edited:
I like the idea behind these, both of your feet do have very different jobs in the swing. If I'm not mistaken, aren't better bowling shoes "asymmetrical" in design?

EDIT: $300? For shoes? Maybe they'll throw in an SLDR hybrid :bashful:

Love the concept and tech but OUCH at that price.

Not many golfers will spend $300 on a golf shoe, including me. I've never felt like a shoe has held my game back.

Unless they can also putt, chip, cook and clean, I won't even try them on! Gimmick. Will it REALLY provide a benefit worthy of that price? I highly doubt it.

Like many I am not a fan of the look or the price.

The stock issue is now stores will have to order all sizes in right handed and left handed. Although I am going to guess Lefty's will have issues finding a pair at local stores . They will have to try on the right handed pair to asses comfort then order the left handed. Just a guess but I can't see stores wanting to shell out to carry 2x the inventory they normally do.

You've already answered the problem. Stores will not stock much of the left handed version. The same applies to every other left handed item in golf. I'm left handed and play right handed, and I'm glad I play that way. Unfortunately, left handers are an after thought in golf product availability.

Sounds like the start of a conversation I have with my wife............"you spent $300 on shoes?!?!?!".......

Wow. I be always considered myself one that doesn't mind paying a premium for quality golf shoes. But this may have reached the limits, and I find it har to believe the technology can be that different in right handed non symmetrical if you will.

I've been waiting for the "April Fools" post but I'm guessing Adidas isn't as fun as Google.

The technology sounds interesting and might even be noticeable to a very small percentage of golfers. I wonder if these will receive top marks on the "Hot List".

It will be interesting to watch and see if these sell well or flop. I am guessing the latter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting idea, as the price come down in later designs and the shoes look better I would consider them.

Interesting design. I am not sure how many they will sell and if anyone will really see the purpose of the shoes.

$300 is a turn off but the Adipower Boost at $190 is something I am definitely interested in.

I really like my Adidas Adicross Gripmores which I won here on THP (Thanks again!)

Now with these how exactly are they going to determine how many of what size a store would carry? I would almost think it would be a better idea for Adidas to provide these as a "custom order" offering...

Back