Ryan Moore going without Club sponsor...again

The whole Xtreme thing just screams 90s to me. Is one of his other sponsors going to be Mountain Dew or Red Bull?

The whole Xtreme thing just screams 90s to me. Is one of his other sponsors going to be Mountain Dew or Red Bull?

Based on his pace of play, I would say neither. :angel:

Looks like a transformer on the side of his bag. I know nothing about these clubs.
There was something I loved about it. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I still think the clubs look cool despite the Extreme in the brand.

At first I thought this was an April Fools joke, but then I realized the only joke was that Moore would stay without a recognized sponsor (and money associated with it) for an extended period of time

At first I thought this was an April Fools joke, but then I realized the only joke was that Moore would stay without a recognized sponsor (and money associated with it) for an extended period of time

I'm $ure hi$ deci$ion ha$ nothing to do with financial compen$ation and that he feel$ thi$ equipment i$ the be$t for hi$ game.

Pro's taking sponsorships for money. I know I'm shocked.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm $ure hi$ deci$ion ha$ nothing to do with financial compen$ation and that he feel$ thi$ equipment i$ the be$t for hi$ game.

I'm quite impre$$ed that you didn't even mi$$ one!

Pro's taking sponsorships for money. I know I'm shocked.

Not the point here. The point is he does this same song and dance EVERY time.

Not the point here. The point is he does this same song and dance EVERY time.

Maybe just me, I don't see how it's a big deal.

He claimed he was going to go without a club sponsor but all of the sudden was bagging a ton of their gear.

This is a carbon copy of what happened when he was playing Scratch clubs.

I guess I was just thrown off by the "officially arriving on the PGA Tour" in the tweet, when the clubs have been played in PGA Tour events for the past month or so.

Here sure "sounds" happy!

i don't know him, but he comes across like a real d-bag

I think that Ryan realizes that he is never going to get big time money from Callaway or Taylormade, etc. So he is trying to find a fringe brand and probably get some sort of stake in the company to where if it does become big time or sell out to a major manufacturer he will be in for a big pay day. For most pros it does not matter what clubs they play, they may have a preference, but in all reality they are skilled enough to play what they want. I think Ryan is looking at this bigger picture like a business opportunity instead of investing in a restaurant like GMac or an NFL team like Phil.

I think that Ryan realizes that he is never going to get big time money from Callaway or Taylormade, etc. So he is trying to find a fringe brand and probably get some sort of stake in the company to where if it does become big time or sell out to a major manufacturer he will be in for a big pay day. For most pros it does not matter what clubs they play, they may have a preference, but in all reality they are skilled enough to play what they want. I think Ryan is looking at this bigger picture like a business opportunity instead of investing in a restaurant like GMac or an NFL team like Phil.

Then why have PR everywhere pimp out a story that says "Going without a sponsor". Comes across as the boy who cries wolf after doing this exact same thing a couple of years ago.

Here's my thing, though...he plays well. I mean, he makes cuts, is high up on leaderboards on a pretty consistent basis. When I see a guy with his talent level out on tour, but not able to secure a sponsorship from a company with a) a major tour presence and b) the resources that would let him analyse his game, how to improve it, and put the gear in his hands to do it...I wonder why. Maybe it's as you said, it's a business opportunity for him. But I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with whether he's a guy can be worked with.

He wants the PR because it is a business opportunity; don't think it is the right way to go about it, but it is why all of us are talking about this right now isn't it.

Then why have PR everywhere pimp out a story that says "Going without a sponsor". Comes across as the boy who cries wolf after doing this exact same thing a couple of years ago.

Definitely agree that he is a lone wolf. Ryan does not want to have to do all of the corporate events that a major club manufacturer requires.

Here's my thing, though...he plays well. I mean, he makes cuts, is high up on leaderboards on a pretty consistent basis. When I see a guy with his talent level out on tour, but not able to secure a sponsorship from a company with a) a major tour presence and b) the resources that would let him analyse his game, how to improve it, and put the gear in his hands to do it...I wonder why. Maybe it's as you said, it's a business opportunity for him. But I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with whether he's a guy can be worked with.

He wants the PR because it is a business opportunity; don't think it is the right way to go about it, but it is why all of us are talking about this right now isn't it.

Generally you are correct, lying openly, repeatedly, for selfish reasons is not the correct way of going about things. The old adage of all news is good news doesnt apply.

Definitely agree that he is a lone wolf. Ryan does not want to have to do all of the corporate events that a major club manufacturer requires.

There are so few appearances, so I dont agree with this.

Very true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So True Linkswear, Mutual of Omaha and MGM Hotels are cool if he just skips the annual sales convention?

Last edited:
Back