Greetings from Beaverton, OR

darthweasel

Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I would take a few moments to introduce myself.

I started golfing approx. 24 years ago, where "golfing" is loosely interpreted to mean taking Dad's old clubs, some used golf clubs, and creating Mike and the Steam Shovel monuments all over the course trying to get the ball in the air. For several years I measured rounds by whether I returned with more golf balls than I left with. 9 holes was typical.

As I grew wiser (read "older and less broke") I picked up a set of matching clubs, got to where I could get the occasional par (I actually had an eagle before I ever had a par...two of the worst executed shots in history, but they sure played nice) and enjoyed playing 4 or 5 rounds a year. As time passed, more and more of the rounds were with guys I worked with playing "best-ball" matches, 2 on 2. Many wisecracks are heard because the level of play has always been pedestrian at best.

This year I decided to redirect some of my energies from more wearing sports...I play 8ish hours of racquetball per week, mix in tennis, biking and softball...to something I will be more likely to physically perform entering my middle age and til the end of life. Being blessed with a lovely, supportive wife, I am in the process of waiting for my fitted clubs to arrive, lessons in the future, and a membership at aforementioned golf club where I have hacked, whacked and divoted my way through 153 holes in March, picking up my second eagle in the process...of which I am inordinately and inexcusably proud...and looking forward to learning how to par, birdie and better on purpose instead of by luck.

Thanks for your time, been lurking on the boards for a bit and seems like a pleasant place

Welcome to THP!

I'm right next door to you in Tigard.

What club did you join?

Welcome

King City. That is a Hackers Paradise indeed...but $299 for unlimited from March to October is pretty sweet, when I get off work just hop over there and get in a slow 9 (real slow 4-some plays it every day about 4) then a quick nine. With nobody in front of me I play it in a shade under an hour, the first round routinely takes 2 to 2-1/2. On a completely unrelated note...the first round sees a lot of doubles and worse, the back is typically 6-10 shots lower...

Welcome to :thp:! Pleasant place, indeed!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!! You'll find a few of your webfooted neighbors on here.

Welcome to thp

Greetings from Beaverton, OR

King City. That is a Hackers Paradise indeed...but $299 for unlimited from March to October is pretty sweet, when I get off work just hop over there and get in a slow 9 (real slow 4-some plays it every day about 4) then a quick nine. With nobody in front of me I play it in a shade under an hour, the first round routinely takes 2 to 2-1/2. On a completely unrelated note...the first round sees a lot of doubles and worse, the back is typically 6-10 shots lower...

Cool - I live just down the street by the Tigard HS. I head there and Summerfield to do the same thing, especially if I want to work on irons. Send me a PM if you ever want to play a quick 9 together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry