The Official Tiger Woods Thread

His apparent 66 is hear say at best. Show me an under par round in competition and I'll be shocked.

Last edited:
His apparent 66 is hear say at best. Show me an under par round in competition and I'll be shocked.

Unless its on TV it doesnt matter?
Frankly that is no different than you telling us what you shot or anybody (not at a THP Event). Sure its another person, but Rosey isnt making the stuff up. He has no reason to at all and has done all of this before. Definitely does not mean it translates.

Last edited:
I am going to try this worst ball format. It sounds like a really solid way to practice.

I do this all the time. The cool part is I can do it without taking two shots at a time.

I am going to try this worst ball format. It sounds like a really solid way to practice.
My instructor has told me that were going to be playing it in the next couple weeks and apparently Tiger does this format quite a bit from his knowledge.

I did it for the MC as practice for alt shot, just in case there was a wayward drive by my teammate. Man is it tough.

I definitely think the validating birdie putts part of that practice is fantastic. I don't want to say some putts that are made are flukes, but if you drop a bomb from 30+ feet, it'd be very hard to replicate.

Frankly that is no different than you telling us what you shot or anybody (not at a THP Event). Sure its another person, but Rosey isnt making the stuff up. He has no reason to at all and has done all of this before. Definitely does not mean it translates.

The difference is my scores are recorded on a website and cards were filled out by fellow players. They're also able to be viewed online by anyone. Tiger saying he shot 66, he might has well said he saw Bigfoot riding a unicorn. Based on his recent "form" that'd actually be more believable.

Depending on time of day, the medalist course makes you take a caddy regardless of professional or amateur. I think after twilight you don't have to, but I honestly don't remember what our caddy said about that.

Very likely, there was a second set of eyes with him.

I need to just stay away from this thread.

I did it for the MC as practice for alt shot, just in case there was a wayward drive by my teammate. Man is it tough.
So you trained like a Tiger and won. Good show old boy, good show.

Depending on time of day, the medalist course makes you take a caddy regardless of professional or amateur. I think after twilight you don't have to, but I honestly don't remember what our caddy said about that.

I'm not sure why we it needs to be validated honestly. Nor do I understand why any if us are in a position to judge. I guess people don't live around glass houses? Cause there are a ton of stones being thrown in this thread.

Please don't waste your brain power. Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

I'm not sure why we it needs to be validated honestly. Nor do I understand why any if us are in a position to judge. I guess people don't live around glass houses? Cause there are a ton of stones being thrown in this thread.

You're correct, there is no reason to validate it. I have no earthly idea why anyone would expect a tour player to lie about their work but... :confused2:

i'm not sure that it is ENTIRELY irrelevant, but pretty close. i think golf is rife with guys who tear it up monday through wednesday, then are complete messes on thursday and friday. until tiger can put it together for at least 18 holes, i'm not sure i understand what all the fuss about this 66 is. just think, 18-24 months ago the talk was about tiger losing his sunday edge, but that he would probably get it back. now we're hoping he'll make the cut! it really sounds like it's between the ears.

i'm not sure that it is ENTIRELY irrelevant, but pretty close. i think golf is rife with guys who tear it up monday through wednesday, then are complete messes on thursday and friday. until tiger can put it together for at least 18 holes, i'm not sure i understand what all the fuss about this 66 is. just think, 18-24 months ago the talk was about tiger losing his sunday edge, but that he would probably get it back. now we're hoping he'll make the cut! it really sounds like it's between the ears.

Worst ball 66 at the Medalist is impressive by anybody's standards. Then to top it off he validated birdie putts, and it makes it even more impressive in my opinion.

It's not PGA Tour competition, and there wasn't any real pressure on him, but it's still an impressive round. Time will tell if it transfers over to tournament play.

Worst ball 66 at the Medalist is impressive by anybody's standards. Then to top it off he validated birdie putts, and it makes it even more impressive in my opinion.

It's not PGA Tour competition, and there wasn't any real pressure on him, but it's still an impressive round. Time will tell if it transfers over to tournament play.

it's a good score. it's a GREAT score. but it doesn't win him any more majors. how many times have we heard how tiger stripes it on the range, works it whatever way he wants to, then goes out for his tournament round and can't find the middle of the face. i'm not saying the guy can't play golf, i'm just wondering out loud whether he has the mental strength to win any more majors. i certainly hope he does, because the guy is thrilling to watch.

it's a good score. it's a GREAT score. but it doesn't win him any more majors. how many times have we heard how tiger stripes it on the range, works it whatever way he wants to, then goes out for his tournament round and can't find the middle of the face. i'm not saying the guy can't play golf, i'm just wondering out loud whether he has the mental strength to win any more majors. i certainly hope he does, because the guy is thrilling to watch.

True it doesn't win him any majors. I think mainly it's because of how bad he looked at Phoenix and Torrey that has some people making a fuss about it.

We'll see what happens the next time he tees it up, which I'm hoping is at the Master's.

Well, it's a start. I just wish he would put the ego aside and seek out short game help from some of the better teachers in the game

The 74 alone isn't a big deal. The report that he still had chipping problems and ran one through the green into a bunker is really unfortunate. No way you do that in a practice round with members and are able to compete in tournament golf when everyone is watching.

The 74 alone isn't a big deal. The report that he still had chipping problems and ran one through the green into a bunker is really unfortunate. No way you do that in a practice round with members and are able to compete in tournament golf when everyone is watching.

But 5 birdies means he was making putts. And if he's making putts he can go low come tournament time

But 5 birdies means he was making putts. And if he's making putts he can go low come tournament time
I hope you are right, golf is more fun when he's relevant.

I hope you are right, golf is more fun when he's relevant.

I guess I'm just a Tiger fanboy and am looking for the slightest glimmer of hope

Back