The Stand/Carry Bag Thread

Thanks... I love the looks of the 2015 though, so I ended up buying it from TGW. I just got a modest bonus from work a couple weeks ago, so that's how I'm justifying it.
Nice - enjoy it! Great bag.

This is a terrific thread. I'm currently debating between a Sun Mountain Four 5 and a Wilson Nexus. Decisions, decisions.

Just picked up a Sun Mountain 3.5 DLX. Similar to the regular three 5, but with a couple extras, and I think it weighs like half a pound more. Killer deal for $129.

9a5bd31bc06468901a949cd030d974b6.jpg

Not finding the 2015 model cheaper than that . That's a great price
Keep an eye out on Budgetgolf.com. They occasionally have 20% off sales or a $25 gift card with free shipping and no sales tax. The 15% Golfsmith sales almost always exclude Sun Mountain products. Rock bottom.com does the same, but their color selection is pretty limited. A week or so ago I could have bought a 2015 black Three 5 for $143 all in. The red, white and blue one was about $164, and that was the only two colors they had.

Keep an eye out on Budgetgolf.com. They occasionally have 20% off sales or a $25 gift card with free shipping and no sales tax. The 15% Golfsmith sales almost always exclude Sun Mountain products. Rock bottom.com does the same, but their color selection is pretty limited. A week or so ago I could have bought a black Three 5 for $143 all in. The red, white and blue one was about $164, and that was the only two colors they had.

Love my black, gray, citron Three 5 I just bought. Was able to get PGA to honor a coupon I got in the mail from another store for $50 off a $250 purchase. So I got the bag and leather head cover for the price of the bag.

TGW has the 2014 Sun Mountain Four 5 on sale for $120 shipped right now. Major ponder right now. Just not sure if enough pockets.

TGW has the 2014 Sun Mountain Four 5 on sale for $120 shipped right now. Major ponder right now. Just not sure if enough pockets.

The number of pockets was my dilemma also. Ended up with the C130S instead. All because of the pockets in each and what I needed them for.

The number of pockets was my dilemma also. Ended up with the C130S instead. All because of the pockets in each and what I needed them for.

And I'm looking to get the hybrid at a steal to bridge the gap between those two bags. I would still like the option to carry without having to keep my hoofer and swap out bags. The sun mountain hybrid with dual strap should be a great mix of stand/cart bag I just can find it on a "can't miss" sale.

First walking round with the Callaway Aqua Dry today and really enjoyed it. I basically didn't notice the bag at all which means it is doing it's job and doing it well.

First walking round with the Callaway Aqua Dry today and really enjoyed it. I basically didn't notice the bag at all which means it is doing it's job and doing it well.
I walked 18 in December (you read that right) and not noticing the bag was my exact takeaway from that round. It's almost as though the straps are wider than other bags I've tried in the past. Easy on, easy off with the straps has me SOLD.

If anyone is wondering the Nike air hybrid 2015 and Clicgear 3.5 are a perfect combination (the bag sits straight on the trolley and doesn't move).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My SM four5 arrived today. Very happy with the choice even if I wish it had maybe 1 more small/med pocket
6770c4479e9108986dbe83d64389603b.jpg

My SM four5 arrived today. Very happy with the choice even if I wish it had maybe 1 more small/med pocket
6770c4479e9108986dbe83d64389603b.jpg

How many pockets do you use?
With my WS neXus stand bag, I try to keep stuff out of the pockets. Minimal weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fine looking bag, buddy!

thanks. i liked the look of this in the three5 but so many people already had it and i also kind of wanted 14 way again so four5 it was.

How many pockets do you use?
With my WS neXus stand bag, I try to keep stuff out of the pockets. Minimal weight.

i don't carry mine other than to/from car so weight isn't an issue. i am used to 5 pockets plus valuables pocket. this one has 4 plus valuables. having one small or med size pocket below the strap is nice for carrying change/ball markers, divot tool, then having two other pockets for tees and balls.

i am good with everything as the two pockets are about the same size total as the 3 on my other bag. just something i was noting as a wish.

Came today... A huge improvement from my 9 year old Ping Hoofer Lite.. :act-up: (And yes, those Titleist irons in my bag are older than my old bag....)

20150408_170205_zps50azxowv.jpg

It's like coming home.

da9d4897b4bf913db9d767dd13575ed3.jpg

d0536cfd382a7782f47afbc9d276ad60.jpg

b368b3e2cc034405de54cd5c06c9bb4f.jpg

I adore this bag, and always will. I wish I wasn't afraid I'd wear it out or could get another with this embroidered on it. There is NO way I can look at this and not smile. Its an event or get together bag now, but is does it so well.

Damn good looking bag Jman! Loaded to the full plate I see..

Emart that is a nice bag. I liked you Cleveland bag too.

Damn good looking bag Jman! Loaded to the full plate I see..

Emart that is a nice bag. I liked you Cleveland bag too.
Thank you brother. Yep, ready for a weekend of THP fun! You should see my trunk! Hahahaha

Thank you brother. Yep, ready for a weekend of THP fun! You should see my trunk! Hahahaha
one day I will see that bag up close....One day

Masters weekend, why not

40f177928187892db6694f4a426ff0ee.jpg

76dbc5666dda408439fc73ceb41d5a1f.jpg

I just ordered my first carry bag today. Through a lot of work on my fitness, I feel like it may be time to trade in the push cart and start carrying.

Rock Bottom had the Ogio Shredder on sale for $69 so I took the plunge. It's supposed to be here tomorrow and I'm going to try to walk some this weekend with it. I may have to carry 9/push 9 at first but I want to get to where I can carry for an entire round within the next month.

I love that bag Mike.

I'm pondering the SM three 5 or H2NO or the Callaway Hyper-Lite 3, thinking I want to carry as little weight as possible as comfortable as possible, I don't think I carry around a whole lot of things, maybe a jacket and some golf apparel(rangefinder, water bottle, pegs and balls and things like that).

The latter two seems to me more available around me so we'll see what happens.

Back