Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

Guilty on all counts so far through 27 of 30.

Guilty on all counts. 17 of them carried death penalty so now the trial moves on to the death penalty phase.

guilty on all charges

30 for 30, GUILTY!

So glad to see guilty on all counts. I agree with others that locking him in a tiny cell for the rest of his life is worse for him than death, as long as there is no way he ever gets out.

So glad to see guilty on all counts. I agree with others that locking him in a tiny cell for the rest of his life is worse for him than death, as long as there is no way he ever gets out.

Unless he escapes, there is no way this guy is getting out. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him the death penalty. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that's what will happen.

Unless he escapes, there is no way this guy is getting out. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they give him the death penalty. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that's what will happen.

Giving him the death penalty wont bring anyone back. It wont uninjure the people he injured. It may not even bring peace to the mourning families and I think all cases are different. In this case, I hope he gets the death penalty. He did something so despicable to those people and to that city and this country and was trying to do more.

How long before the sentencing phase is announced?

As much as he deserves the death penalty, I think life in prison would be far worse - if he is put in General Population he will most likely get it worse day in / day out....

I'd bet that he dies in prison either way. Inmates kill him or he kills himself.

I don't really have an opinion here for him and the death penalty, I just have a feeling that's what he will get. Personally, I just want him to get whatever will cause him the most pain and suffering while not costing the American people more money in tax dollars.

Death penalty costs more than life in prison, fwiw.

I don't want this to turn into a death penalty debate, though. I'm thrilled beyond belief that the victims and the City can finally have justice.

Assuming you are taking court fees, paying payroll for court employees, and the such.
I also must also assume that this guy will not appeal ANY of his 30 cases, or require any surgeries, or extra guard staff while incarcerated.
He is very young and will very likely live a long time in prison.

Funny, if the jury decides to let him live.
The people that he murdered I'm sure didn't want to be killed or maimed in an act that he premeditated.
That choice was made for them.

I don't really have an opinion here for him and the death penalty, I just have a feeling that's what he will get. Personally, I just want him to get whatever will cause him the most pain and suffering while not costing the American people more money in tax dollars.

Based on the venue, I suspect the penalty will be life in prison.

Wouldn't be too shocked if they found for the death penalty, however.

As much as he deserves the death penalty, I think life in prison would be far worse - if he is put in General Population he will most likely get it worse day in / day out....

Id say absolutely ZERO chance he is G.P. in prison.

Life in prison means he'll spend 23 hours a day for the next 50+ years in this:

adx-cell.jpg

I hope they give him life and after a short time he kills himself in prison.

Life in prison means he'll spend 23 hours a day for the next 50+ years in this:

adx-cell.jpg

People say that they hope he rots in prison and its worse than death but I have ready many stories by guys that have been imprisoned for a long time and they all say that you adapt and it just becomes your home and way of life.

Short drop and a sudden stop.

Cheaper by the dozen.

Why pay for this scumbag?! Our tax dollars are better spent elsewhere.

It costs more to kill someone than keep them in prison for life.

Unless we act like China or North Korea -- but we're better than that.

Our Constitution applies to everyone, including mass murderers. Can't pick and choose when to apply it.

So true. Disgusting
Think of any other universal terrorist type person and picture them on that cover, just weird, Saddam Hussein or Hitler even, I know he's not on their level, but still, unversialy agreed terrorists, why would they even think of putting him on the cover.

Sorry for the side notes, glad the guilty verdict came down.

Death penalty costs more than life in prison, fwiw.

I don't want this to turn into a death penalty debate, though. I'm thrilled beyond belief that the victims and the City can finally have justice.

And it's interesting to note that the residents of Boston - the city affected - appear to favor life in prison over the death penalty.

I find it interesting that he was found guilty of murder for Collier, despite the prosecution outright saying they couldn't put the gun in Dzokhar's hand. That's going to be debated pretty hotly.

I'm opening myself up to ridicule/correction by the lawyer quoted above, but this might be covered under joint venture? You can be committed of a murder if you had a part in it, even if you didn't pull the trigger.

People say that they hope he rots in prison and its worse than death but I have ready many stories by guys that have been imprisoned for a long time and they all say that you adapt and it just becomes your home and way of life.

That must be what Shawshank meant by being "institutionalized".

It costs more to kill someone than keep them in prison for life.

Unless we act like China or North Korea -- but we're better than that.

Our Constitution applies to everyone, including mass murderers. Can't pick and choose when to apply it.

The way we do it, yes it does. There's an answer for that.

Sure, they get a trial, then when they get the death penalty, they should ACTUALLY die.

Back