Gifts for a golfer

Backfire

Shankking
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 33,5
I'm looking for a gift for a couple I know. He's a 5-8 hcp and she's a 15-20 hcp.
I want to thank them for helping me out with starting to golf :golf2:(they lend me a set of irons).

They said I shouldn't be giving them anything (I'm a student) but I really want to thank them!

So does anyone has some suggestions?

I was thinking about a pair of sptless towels... but your input is appreciated :clown:

Well, I'm a fan of picture frames. They have some cute golf picture frames at golf stores that you can get. The Spotless Swing towels are a great idea as well :wink: Or maybe even a gift certificate for a round of golf :confused2:

Find some cool coins or medallions that can be used as ball marks. There are coins or medallions for any fan of the Military, college teams, US States, other countries, cartoon characters.

you can never go wrong with a round of golf

Spotless towels are a great idea. Great product too.

Ball markers are a great idea.. Or divot tools, they have different teams, schools etc on them as well.

+1 on a round of golf because odds are that if he is a 5-8 handicapper he already has his ball marker and other superstitions that he does lol and round of golf is always good for anyone!

Free memberships to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, whenever someone gives me a golf gift its usually something lame that I will never use. My suggestion would be go to a nice course and buy them a gift certificate for two greens/cart fees. That they are sure to use.

Reading this thread made me realize: THP accepts donations.

No idea why I missed that before but I'm happy to now be...a donor.

Honestly, whenever someone gives me a golf gift its usually something lame that I will never use. My suggestion would be go to a nice course and buy them a gift certificate for two greens/cart fees. That they are sure to use.

Bumping this thread for the same reason I started it last year :)
Last year I gave them a set of Spotless towels which they liked! It's a small and 'cheap' gift, but a useful one!

I agree with you that most golf gifts are really lame and probably never used ... I want to avoid that stuff

So has anyone some fresh ideas?
(I'm not sure about greenfee's ... they played almost every course in the country, and buying them greenfees for courses I've never played (I'm new at golf) seems not a good idea. The greenfees for courses are also quite expensive (+-100$ pp))

Bumping this thread for the same reason I started it last year :)
Last year I gave them a set of Spotless towels which they liked! It's a small and 'cheap' gift, but a useful one!

I agree with you that most golf gifts are really lame and probably never used ... I want to avoid that stuff

So has anyone some fresh ideas?
(I'm not sure about greenfee's ... they played almost every course in the country, and buying them greenfees for courses I've never played (I'm new at golf) seems not a good idea. The greenfees for courses are also quite expensive (+-100$ pp))
Gift card to a local golf shop??? The reason I suggest that is because personally I am picky about golf stuff, I would get more use out of a gift card than someone buying anything for me.

Back