2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

4. CJ thinks all balding old guys with glasses are me.

Hey, Wait, I resemble that remark. In that case, I am in GREAT company!!

Thanks to all for a great time. Aaron, Jim and PJ, what a pleasure to spend the day with you guys..
Morgan, Josh and Mike thanks for all the work you do to make this a wonderful forum to be part of.
Looking forward to Pittsburgh. It will be my first event as a retired person. YAHTZEE!!!!

Had an incredible time at my first THP Invitational. I hope to do another one soon. Met a lot of great guys throughout the day. THP has some really cool members. Props to JB and Bridgestone for putting on a class event and to Advil and DayPro for the post round cocktail. JB, hope you enjoyed the KY housewarming gift! I had a freaking blast playing with cpljohnst, vthokies20 and mikedean441. Lots of laughs with these boys. Special thanks to Barry for being a gracious host and playing partner. You made the new guy feel welcomed. BTW, you definitely have game sir!

Here are some shots of Barry and Bobby from Friday. I didn't bother with the gopro Saturday:
69bab16f87658f6632872b2497b53ad5.jpg

4d2efd8cdc458d7ddb2553327a9a7aba.jpg

1bf2d23dc61f4be79873d7e0ee171a6f.jpg

c32d0e5f0991d28e2fd563b76674d93c.jpg

373d63d600711c65cd1fd3fcb2a9ab42.jpg

e70fdea9fc16ebf3d91880192e06e5ef.jpg

11e98a098af386909b1177bc3504e312.jpg

c7f738a3880919c67496d5b4ac002e26.jpg

6d906ff5772295360c14f9186bdfa02b.jpg

Here are some shots of Barry and Bobby from Friday. I didn't bother with the gopro Saturday:
69bab16f87658f6632872b2497b53ad5.jpg

4d2efd8cdc458d7ddb2553327a9a7aba.jpg

1bf2d23dc61f4be79873d7e0ee171a6f.jpg

c32d0e5f0991d28e2fd563b76674d93c.jpg

373d63d600711c65cd1fd3fcb2a9ab42.jpg

e70fdea9fc16ebf3d91880192e06e5ef.jpg

11e98a098af386909b1177bc3504e312.jpg

c7f738a3880919c67496d5b4ac002e26.jpg

6d906ff5772295360c14f9186bdfa02b.jpg
I don't know who was in the green shirt, but good lord, his swing is repeatable - I thought it was the same pic three times!!

That's Barry and it is... fairway machine

I don't know who was in the green shirt, but good lord, his swing is repeatable - I thought it was the same pic three times!!

That's Barry the fairway finder...

A couple stills from the few videos I took Friday:
d5a6fbf13b52cc0cb2fc8242ade65c38.jpg

2f17522c3a90d586741ba8d8d430998d.jpg

And one video:

I hope that video is embedded, having some issues here.

A couple stills from the few videos I took Friday:
d5a6fbf13b52cc0cb2fc8242ade65c38.jpg

2f17522c3a90d586741ba8d8d430998d.jpg

And one video:

I hope that video is embedded, having some issues here.

[video=youtube;vRt-GWsPQJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRt-GWsPQJI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

LOL! I lost count of the times I said, "Not mine - dhartmann's." From then on MSH was greeted with, "Hey, your dhartmann's dad." I'd vote for a forum name update, but will wait until I'm safely in Illinois.
Ha he told me he's now known as Dhartmann's dad. I told him if he would have won he might have stood out more :p

Ha he told me he's now known as Dhartmann's dad. I told him if he would have won he might have stood out more :p
That would have been the longest ride home ever. I would not have heard the end of that.

Congrats to Mike Dean and VTHokies! Well done guys!

Some things I learned this weekend:

1. No matter how bad your opening tee shot is at an invitational, you can still win.

2. It was great meeting Rambler's Dad.

3. Ben Affleck (VTHokies) can play some golf.

5. Intimadator now knows that when a hole is titled "Don't go left" it means it.

6. Mike Dean does not like seeing his shadow.

7. Not obeying "cart path only" signs can lead to stuck golf carts.

8. CJ's ice fishing hat keeps your head warm.

Some quick thoughts while taking a short driving break in Knoxville. More to come.
Barry I adopted rambler on the ride home it's official

Mike Dean w/ 2 tags to my zip/zero. I am clearly doing it wrong.

Congrats guys! Well done.

Yes, you're not "coordinating" the events...

Mike Dean w/ 2 tags to my zip/zero. I am clearly doing it wrong.

Congrats guys! Well done.
Big Time isn't so Big Time anymore lol...

Never was my friend. I'm use to looking up.
I always look up to you bud. I wish I was half as good as you.

So, I make it home earlier this afternoon, and I'm ready to rest a little bit after getting stuff inside. You know what sucks? Pulling the clubs out of the car after a THP weekend.

Hey, Wait, I resemble that remark. In that case, I am in GREAT company!!

Thanks to all for a great time. Aaron, Jim and PJ, what a pleasure to spend the day with you guys..
Morgan, Josh and Mike thanks for all the work you do to make this a wonderful forum to be part of.
Looking forward to Pittsburgh. It will be my first event as a retired person. YAHTZEE!!!!

Mike - it was an absolute pleasure sharing the round with you and looking forward to catching up in Pittsburgh!

I got to tell you I had a blast this weekend. Had a good time with the guys on the way down. Course was nice and a little demanding. Bunkers around every green really made you hit some good approach shots. I got paired up with Mike (Eliterate), guy can play some golf. Great swing, good distance and did well around the greens. I have never met him before but the way he treated people, you think you were friends for years. We had some ups and downs, but I had a great time playing with him as my partner. Wish the weekend just lasted longer

I guess I'll do my write up as well.

First, I found myself at the meet and greet and I immediately walked to both ends of the restaurant looking for a large group. Thankfully, I glanced up at the bar area and noticed a bunch of golfers and recognized Sparks and JB from the PGA National trip last year. I didn't get to spend much time with JB at PGA National but I enjoyed getting to speak with him while waiting on Logan's to clear out that back room. Every person I met at the meet and greet was super nice and fun to talk with.

I ended up rooming up with Grins and he was also a super nice guy. We stayed up shooting the bull for a little while telling golf stories before finally calling it a night.

The next morning was what we'd all been waiting for! We arrive at the course and I walk up and grab my swag (Thanks Bridgestone, JB and GG). I mingled for a bit thinking I'd be the last group out but the course tossed us a curve ball and sent us out as a shotgun which ended up being nice as we all finished around the same time and dinner got moved up as well.

My partner was Robman7 (Rob Dean). What a great guy. He looks at me just before our first hole as we pull up and let's me know he isn't competitive ect but just before we all tee off he looks at me again and says I've finished top 5 in all of these I've played in so no pressure! LOL, love it! Rob is a great golfer and loved playing with him. We were paired up with Ty and Dub who were both super nice guys and swell golfers too!

Dinner was super good. I went with the pizza but I was kinda jealous of the guys with chicken and waffles. The only disappointment at dinner was the chips a hoy hot fudge Sunday LOL! Just kidding, it was still good too!

Congrats to VT and Mike Dean! Well played by both of you.

Special thanks to MD, JB, GG and Bridgestone for this great event! I can't wait for the next one!

Oh and contrary to rumor, I can read and I do write my own posts without help from my wife :)

-Mike aka e1iterate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bridgestone, JB and GG for everything this weekend! This was another great weekend with THPers. On Friday I got to golf with 441, Phillyv and Kboyer and had a great time with all of them despite my horrible golf. Philly and Kboyer took me and 441 out in bestball match play unfortunatly. On Sat I was paired with an amazing partner in Vman, Ken is a great guy and I can't wait to tee it up with him again, he is just mr automatic out there and he sunk one of the best putts I've seen in my life. We got to golf with rbarthle17 and Cbaker and really enjoyed playing with them, both a great guys and had a blast out there with them. Congrats to the winners 441 and vthokies20! We all like to give Mike **** about how Jake carried him but in reality with that course and the format there is no doubt that Mike pulled his weight in that win. The dinner after was delicious. I don't know what the one chipotle tasting dip was but I couldn't get enough, The chicken n waffles were fantastic and the chips ahoy desert was the best one bite dessert I've ever had lol. Thanks to Mike, robman, captcaution and winchell for putting up with my snoring on the car ride haha, I like to think it was my part in helping Mike stay awake while driving. After getting done with this I just really can't wait for my next event in Pitt and it also reminded me how much I need to work to get into Legacy form. Just another amazing THP event in the books!

Back