2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full schedule of events coming in 2015 and today we are proud to continue the announcements with an event coming to Kentucky. You can always find all of our THP Event info in this section of the forum.

Today we are excited to continue the THP Invitational Series Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf with an event being held in the Lexington, KY area.

BStoneShieldLogo2015-Th.png

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your 2015 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club and help support an amazing organization called Folds of Honor. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $109.
This includes:
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls
*THP Swag + Surprises
*Prizes
*Dinner
This cost is for an individual. If you are bringing a spouse or partner there will be costs associated with that.

When & Where
April 18th, 2015
Old Silo

The #1 public course in Kentucky is an 18-hole championship design is situated on 209 acres of rolling bluegrass countryside.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times begin at 10:00am
Initially open for 40 golfers
If more sign up, there will be a waiting list created.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Bridgestone Golf being the sponsor has graciously provided us with fantastic prizes. The winning team will each receive something special, but because the latest equipment has not yet been released, prizes are TBA.

Winning teams will also receive 2015 THP Invitational Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Dinner that evening after golf will be at the Saul Good Hamburg Center location. THP has arranged a menu with a few choices that looks to offer great food and a great time.

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. THP has set up a hotel with a discounted rate for those that would like to take advantage of it. Hyatt Place Lexington, rate is $189/night for a double room. It's 1 mile from the restaurant and about 30 minutes from the course. You will have to book your room before March 17th to get this discount. Due to the season, the hotels (anything worthy of a stay) are filling up very quickly. These rooms are oversized and are great for sharing.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots, therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. At the time of signup, a $50 non-refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event.

Signups will be held Feb 2nd and 3rd at 2pm EST.
Signup will be open for 1 hour each day.
At that time, THP will start a new thread with this information as well as how to enter. It will involve sending an email into GolferGal and signup will stay open for exactly 1 hour each day. Later each day, THP will randomly select 20 golfers that signed up via email to be a part of this special weekend. Once all 40 spots are taken, there will be a waiting list to be a part of this awesome THP Event.

You must be a 2015 Albatross Club Member to signup for this event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the amazing Folds of Honor, click here.

The Teams
mikedean441 & vthokies20
cpljohnst & sk33ter

PhillyV & golfinFF
highscoreinky & milehighgolfer

cbaker2882 & rbarthle17
v.man & greggdrews

DavidWinchell & Nomadic_duffer
Sparksjr & tbanks5

PJ & Creegs7882
amsmith61 & Shankosaurus

Rambler & Coers
Bullfrog & Grins

CaptainCaution & Golfever
Acovington & xThor

Mountain Slicer & Robozeo
Amart & Michigan Slice

Kboyer & MSH134
Parshooter36 & Intimidator2007

Tyjohnston & ^dub^
Robman & e1iterate

Last edited by a moderator:
AAGGGHHHH!
Damn job!
Have a great time!! I cannot swing this one - work gets in the way AGAIN!!

Another amazing course for the invitational series

2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Oh snap this is the day after my birthday. I need to get in this! Awesome course too! I've had the privilege of playing it twice.

Wow, awesome course and a great time of year. This one looks to be special.

Oh and signups are MONDAY!

Andddd on the Calendar. The next 2 weeks are going to be signups galore!

We have a really great menu selected for the dinner. While they don't have the traditional Kentucky Hot Brown that JB really wanted, they do have a Kentucky Hot Brown pizza that get rave reviews.

• Admin
We have a really great menu selected for the dinner. While they don't have the traditional Kentucky Hot Brown that JB really wanted, they do have a Kentucky Hot Brown pizza that get rave reviews.

#FoodChallengeWillBeFun

I'm sure whatever you guys set up will be great! Course looks fantastic too!

The course is going to be fantastic! But because it's kind of in the middle of nowhere we decided to do food and lodging about 30 minutes away in a more populated area that is closer to downtown Lexington, food, shopping and the airport for those who plan to fly in.

OH YES! Something that I can drive too and a great time of year to play. Now if I can just be lucky enough to get selected.

Gonna have to miss this year. I had to have vacation days selected by mid Dec so I'll be working. Have fun everyone!

While it won't be this one, one of these days I'm going to find a way to get to one of these events!

While it won't be this one, one of these days I'm going to find a way to get to one of these events!

We have quite a few on the West Coast this year. Including #TheKing and #TheGrandaddy

What a gorgeous location!

This one will be a blast, pondering more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calendar marked. The two days prior to the Pittsburgh signups. What an exciting week (in February) that will be.

Old Silo! NICE!

First THP course that I've played before!

I will be trying to get into this one!

SO because of the large amount of horse racing in KY in April, rooms are crazy $$$ that month, so if you get in you guys need to lock down the rooms ASAP (whether with our preferred hotel or elsewhere) cause its only going to get more $$$ as time goes on

I need to find a way to get from Myrtle Beach on Friday the 17th to Old Silo. Ugh. It's going to destroy me if I miss this.
Drive to Raleigh on the 15th early 16th and I will drive up don't know how you would get home but I am sure you could figure it out haha

Back