Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Pre-Order starts 5/1

This is the first Callaway wedge that has lasted longer than a couple of rounds in my bag. Something about it draws me in and I have enjoyed the crap out of it.

This is the first Callaway wedge that has lasted longer than a couple of rounds in my bag. Something about it draws me in and I have enjoyed the crap out of it.
I bet it's those THP green pearls on the back lol. Are you bring these with you to #theKing? I've yet to see these in person.

I bet it's those THP green pearls on the back lol. Are you bring these with you to #theKing? I've yet to see these in person.

I am not bringing my clubs, but odds are, someone on your team or opponents (ZooCrew) will have some.

I wish it had more bounce options for LH players. I don't know why Callaway has a "you will get this bounce and like it" attitude towards lefty's considering that their poster boy is a lefty.

I am not bringing my clubs, but odds are, someone on your team or opponents (ZooCrew) will have some.
I'd bet those are pretty good odds!

Sweet! It's something I'm looking forward to for sure. With so many options with wedges, these fed stand out and hope they standout performance wise too

According to FlightScope, I got 600 RPMs more spin with this wedge from deep lies than the Nike Engage wedge, Mack Daddy 2 wedge and Bridgestone J40 Wedge.

According to FlightScope, I got 600 RPMs more spin with this wedge from deep lies than the Nike Engage wedge, Mack Daddy 2 wedge and Bridgestone J40 Wedge.
Just curious as I simply have no idea, is that enough for a visual difference in how the ball checks/spins when landing on the green?

Just curious as I simply have no idea, is that enough for a visual difference in how the ball checks/spins when landing on the green?

Dependent on the player really. 600 is not a huge amount, but definitely an amount that could impact it. It was about 30 RPMs difference between this and the RTX 2.0. Its important to note that this is from deep and fluffy lies too.

Dependent on the player really. 600 is not a huge amount, but definitely an amount that could impact it. It was about 30 RPMs difference between this and the RTX 2.0. Its important to note that this is from deep and fluffy lies too.
I understand completely. As someone who finds himself in some deep fluffy lies quite often, I like what I'm hearing. I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person soon.

I understand completely. As someone who finds himself in some deep fluffy lies quite often, I like what I'm hearing. I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person soon.

Next time out, hit your higher lofted wedge out of the deep stuff quite a bit. Check the ball marks and grass marks after each shot. I was quite surprised how often I hit it high and towards the toe out of the thick cabbage.

JB,

How is it out of the sand? What loft are you playing?

JB,

How is it out of the sand? What loft are you playing?

I have a 60* here. Out of the sand the versatility really shines and I say the same thing as out of the thick stuff. Next time in the sand, look at where your ball mark is due to opening and contact.

For those who have used both this and the old MackDaddy 2 C-Grind, what are some of the differences? Thx

Next time out, hit your higher lofted wedge out of the deep stuff quite a bit. Check the ball marks and grass marks after each shot. I was quite surprised how often I hit it high and towards the toe out of the thick cabbage.
I love early in the morning when you can see it more with the dew or rain, I know it happens too much for me, I'm thinking a couple of these would be great addition!

Hopefully get a chance to give these a run at The King next weekend. I love me some flop shots and this might be a delight to add to the bag.

Hopefully get a chance to give these a run at The King next weekend. I love me some flop shots and this might be a delight to add to the bag.
#FupyFloppy

I ordered a 64 degree with an S300 shaft so it matches my Jaws and Mack Daddy series of wedges. Should be here mid-may according to my local shop. I like the idea of one specialty wedge though I wonder if Phil will incorporate more of those style wedges into his bag.

All weekend Josh. I shouldn't be surprised right? I even have proof:

bc30124b8e32f5ef2c43107c3739ac5d.jpg

I ordered a 64 degree with an S300 shaft so it matches my Jaws and Mack Daddy series of wedges. Should be here mid-may according to my local shop. I like the idea of one specialty wedge though I wonder if Phil will incorporate more of those style wedges into his bag.
Just curious what is retail on these?

You know I didn't think to ask. I go there quite a bit. next time I'll ask about pricing. I'm assuming about $130 or so.

As per Callaways website it says $129.99

Contemplating getting one of these in a 58*....

Back