Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Looking forward to doing some club work with these this weekend. Probably take the heads out and prep them, and do the reshaft in the next week or two. Should be a lot of fun, and I think I'll see some better results out of the clubs once it's done - I hit a set of demos with the stock S300s, and found myself getting along with them a lot better. And weirdly, the biggest improvement was in the long irons.
I demo'd them the first time with Nippon 950s and was just flat stroking them. Then I went to PGASS and hit the stock setup and basically drew one fat line down the edge of the center line. That setup seems to just work perfectly.

I demo'd them the first time with Nippon 950s and was just flat stroking them. Then I went to PGASS and hit the stock setup and basically drew one fat line down the edge of the center line. That setup seems to just work perfectly.

That really surprised me, as the S300 is not a shaft I tend to get along with. Once I got to the 5i, things got a little hairy in terms of launch. DG pros are going in, so that should be a bit better. Now, just to find time to get that done.

Me and the s300 did not get along with these. I will be swapping my KBS tour out for recoil95 in f4 flex.

Was fitted about 2 weeks ago at Felix Clubworks in Memphis with new wood shafts, SM5 wedges, and the Z545's. Can't wait for everything to come in so I can post pics and share thoughts.

Was fitted about 2 weeks ago at Felix Clubworks in Memphis with new wood shafts, SM5 wedges, and the Z545's. Can't wait for everything to come in so I can post pics and share thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get them! They are beauties.

There is hope for people waiting for irons... I was told by GolfTown and confirmed with Srixon that irons are backordered until late May but I placed my order anyways 2 weeks ago for Z545s with Nippon 950 shafts... And they arrived yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to get the 850 Forged out of the bag...

I'm jealous. I was 10x better than my swing and skill level with that setup at Demo.

There is hope for people waiting for irons... I was told by GolfTown and confirmed with Srixon that irons are backordered until late May but I placed my order anyways 2 weeks ago for Z545s with Nippon 950 shafts... And they arrived yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to get the 850 Forged out of the bag...

Just unwrapped my lovely new irons... And they put the wrong flex in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have to ship them back and wait a few weeks for them to return... This is painful... Having them right here, right in my hands, ready to hit the course tonight... AND BAM, just like that they are gone...

Ouch...that sucks indeed.

Hit these today while roaming the PGA Superstore and these are some great irons. The really cool thing about THP is it opens your eyes to brands you thought you would never play.

Just unwrapped my lovely new irons... And they put the wrong flex in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have to ship them back and wait a few weeks for them to return... This is painful... Having them right here, right in my hands, ready to hit the course tonight... AND BAM, just like that they are gone...
Hate to hear this. What is the wait time on getting them back to you?

If anyone is looking at getting rid of their Z545 AW (maybe getting the Z745 instead) let me know. Thanks

I just got on the Srixon website and these irons are sold out.

I know where a set is in stock as well as a set of 745s if anyone in NC is looking for a set.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My clubs arrived in Shreveport! I'll be able to get them Monday at lunch. Just in-time for a round in Baton Rouge before our meeting starts next week.

Got a chance to hit these yesterday at a demo day and I can see why everyone raves about them. Tried them with the KBS and the Nippon and preferred the Nippon, feel was great on these and my typical miss off the toe was pretty predictable in flight. Overall these are probably #1 or 2 on my list for irons this year, the only thing I hated was the grips they tore my hands up.

Had my first round with these today and once I get my new distances figured out I can honestly say they will be staying in my bag for quite some time. I hit some bad shots (these are 1" longer and 2 degrees upright compared to my old irons) but I hit some really good shots with them as well

Flushed shots just feel so nice coming off the face, you know exactly when you do this and it kept bringing a smile to my face when it happened

My swing wasn't fully there today but even bad shots were not punished as much as I would have expected so I can't wait to get out again and get more comfortable with them

New here at THP ... i've read most of this thread .. well, maybe 1/3 of it .. some pretty convincing testimony here. No dealers close by carry Srixon, so I bit the bullet and ordered some z545's from TGW .. expected to ship 6/1/15 or so, we'll see. Not having had the chance to demo them, I figured TGW's offering of 90-day mulligan for custom clubs was well worth trying out without pre-hitting. I prefer graphite and went with UST Recoil 670's. Worst case scenario is that if I can't hit 'em, then I'll trade for some Ping G30's. Hope to be hitting them sooner than June .. keeping eye on shipping process. BTW, bunch of wackos in THP .. :banana: ... my kinda peeps

New here at THP ... i've read most of this thread .. well, maybe 1/3 of it .. some pretty convincing testimony here. No dealers close by carry Srixon, so I bit the bullet and ordered some z545's from TGW .. expected to ship 6/1/15 or so, we'll see. Not having had the chance to demo them, I figured TGW's offering of 90-day mulligan for custom clubs was well worth trying out without pre-hitting. I prefer graphite and went with UST Recoil 670's. Worst case scenario is that if I can't hit 'em, then I'll trade for some Ping G30's. Hope to be hitting them sooner than June .. keeping eye on shipping process. BTW, bunch of wackos in THP .. :banana: ... my kinda peeps

first welcome to THP. Congrats on the purchase and I like the setup you went with. I heard the big stores are getting their shipments faster than others so maybe you get it before expected.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope you're right about early delivery.

Last edited:

Very interesting update... So just before we shipped them back, we called Nippon because Golftown noticed that all there 950 shafts had the letter S in a small box near the shaft label so everyone assumed that meant stiff... But it didn't!!! Nippon admitted they've had issues with shafts not being labelled properly but after removing the grips, each shaft was marked on the butt end with flex and shaft length...

so I really do have my irons !!!!

I'm confused. But good deal that you are all set. Now get out and hit those puppies

Finally! Tour V 110 are in and they are back! I hit them today, twice, on a range. First when I picked them up, then when I got back in town from work. Perfect weighting! Obviously, getting a little higher ball flight vs the DG S300, but not ballooning. Good feel, and I was able to keep a better tempo now that I'm not straining to hit!!! I'm playing 18 Wednesday, so we'll see how they do on the course. I did see a nice little draw with these that weren't there with the DG. It was nice to see as that has always been my natural ball flight with irons. Looking forward to playing these!!!!

Back