The best shot of the round

Lay it on thick or just the facts. Just the facts is boring.

On the final hole of my fantasticforme front nine, I was headed for a disaster when on my 3rd shot on this par 4 hole I hit my GW wide right. That's right, you read that correctly. She said wide right. I always miss wide left on approach shots. Since I'd compensated for missing wide left on this shot, you can imagine where it went. Rough right side of the green pin high. Tight pin, green slope side to the left. The question is will she play it safe and hit to the fat part of the green, or will she live dangerously and try to land her pitch on the tight side of the green just over that bunker? She's got to go over the bunker either way. The ball is about 30 yds from the hole. She's hitting four.... *click* The ball goes up in the air and landed so softly on the green right in that tight zone right in the perfect spot and just died and rolled out so slowly but with just enough momentum to make it to the hole and go in, saving par, sparing me a total disaster.

Last edited:
Not much good to speak of today, but I did have a shot on #16 that made me proud. I was 168 yards out with a 20-30mph wind blowing across and a little bit in from left to right and my ball was sitting in some heavy rough. I had a good-ish lie so I knew I could make decent contact but there is a pond in front of the green so I had to take an extra club just in case. I aimed to the far left edge of the green (where the pond wasn't, pin was far right) to be safe and let it rip. Put a great swing on it, started right on line, and then the wind took over. It blew my ball some 20-30 yards to the right, landed 5 feet in front of the pin and rolled out to about 6 or 8 feet past the pin. I thought that there was a chance that this might happen but I wasn't banking on it. That was the end of the good though, as I missed the birdie putt. Smh

177 yard par 3 playing into a slight breeze. Cozied a nice 5 iron to a heavily protected green to, well, here...
8934713c59822ae58a7b798bfcd3524c.jpg

It'll happen someday.

177 yard par 3 playing into a slight breeze. Cozied a nice 5 iron to a heavily protected green to, well, here...
It'll happen someday.
Seems to be a reoccurring theme in this thread recently. I just hope I'm in the group of whoever ends up doing it! :drinks:

Tap in birdie on a par 3 from 140 with a 9 iron. Bunker shot, short sided with the ball below my feet and feet out of the bunker, hit it to inside 3 feet for the sandy.

I hit my first on the par 3 10th pin high but off the green. 16 yards to the pin and I played a lob wedge like a bunker shot and jarred it!

Tap in birdie on a par 3 from 140 with a 9 iron. Bunker shot, short sided with the ball below my feet and feet out of the bunker, hit it to inside 3 feet for the sandy.
RTX 2.0 58?

Yes sir. Love that thing from the sand.
I've always thought your wedge game was solid, but those things appear to be made specifically for you. It's fun to watch.

I've always thought your wedge game was solid, but those things appear to be made specifically for you. It's fun to watch.
Thanks. it has been pretty fun getting used to them and seeing good results early on in the season.

Hit a 6 iron to 3 feet on a 170 yard par 3 and I even made the putt

2 shots actually. 465 into the wind - drive down the center to 204, then hybrid to 4 feet for birdie :)

Hole #2 is a 490 yard par 5.
Piped my drive and had 210 left to the pin. Hit a towering 4 hybo over a maple tree hole high just on the fringe.

Long Par 5...driver down the middle which set up the 21UT. Smoothed it out and dropped on back of green and stuck. Missed eagle putt but grabbed the bird.

173YD par 3 down a channel of trees lining both sides a mere 40ft apart. 8I to 4 feet...ok so bubba hit this one as I topped my first tee shot...saved bogey though.

Playing in a scramble with some old college buddies, since I'm over 65 I got to play the white tees. Par 5, my drive was chosen, 205 left to a skinny elevated green, with the 20* hybrid my shot hit flag high and just barely stayed on the putting surface about 10 feet away.

For me it was on hole 10, par 4, 428yds. Hit a perfect drive, but still had about 190 to the stick. Took 4h and just absolutely pured it to hit the green in regulation and have about 20-25 ft for bird. Barely missed the putt but got down for par on the longest par 4 on the course - gotta love it!

Hit two hybrid to 15 feet from 230 out. Probably the farthest I have ever hit a green from. Unfortunately it was right after taking a drop from hitting my drive OB left.

I had an uphill approach to a green guarded by two large bunkers, I pulled my 8i slightly and ended up in the rough just off the left side of the green, with the cup on the front right edge. I kept my 8i in hand and pulled off one of the best bump and runs I've ever had, rolling the ball maybe 6" past the hole for a tap in par.

On the toughest hole of the course today, I pushed my drive off to the right alongside the tree line. Needed a low shot to avoid hitting branches in my second shot. Pulled and delofted my 7W. Easy swing went 172 yards and ran up onto the green. Two putt for par.

My tee shot on 18 was the only golf shot I hit today. That makes me…MOTIVATED for tomorrow.

After hitting a bunker with my approach on a perfect drive, I hit the sand shot to 4 feet and made the putt. That's my second sandie for the year already.

Par 3 17th. 162 flag but into a good breeze. Took the 4i and drop kicked it a tad, still ended up 12 feet under the hole but missed the birdie.

Played in a scramble today. The 17th hole is a 285yd downhill Par 4. We had a ball in play, so I swung out of my shoes & hit a tight draw that was tracking right at the pin. It came up just a couple of yards short into the side of the elevated green & bounced back a little. Then I chipped it up to within a foot for the kick in bird.

525yd par 5 slight dogleg right into an elevated green about 25 feet above the fairway. I hit a perfect baby draw off the tee with driver that measured 325yds. From the right side of the fairway I left myself 185 to the pin, and stuck a 7 iron within 8ft. Of course I went on to miss the eagle putt and cleaned up a birdie.

Back