Nike Engage Wedges Preview

It seems odd that their shortgame stuff kind of goes against their irons and woods this year. In years past, the VR name continued into the wedges, and even the method/method core putters seemed to fit in with the style of the rest of their line. Any idea why the went off course and went with Engage name? The putters definitely have some cool tech with the counter flex, but the method matter and converge lines seem totally off from the Vapor line.

They told us at the Oven they specifically wanted irons/metalwoods, wedges, and putters to be three separate entities and not use the same theme or be forced to tie all in together.

They told us at the Oven they specifically wanted irons/metalwoods, wedges, and putters to be three separate entities and not use the same theme or be forced to tie all in together.

Makes sense the way they have the 3 lines split this year then. I guess it doesnt really matter if the names and styles match all the way through, as long as it all works.

Any updates on the engage wedges? These should have been released 2-3weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on the engage wedges? These should have been released 2-3weeks ago

Thought the last thing I saw was 3rd week of May.

Interesting. The woods and irons seem to share some themes...

...volt

Thought the last thing I saw was 3rd week of May.

Could be. I read somewhere April 17th. Could be wrong.

Not me, I still think they're pretty ugly. Hopefully THP gets some time with them though.

I kind of like these - but I also am drawn to "different" looking clubs. The straight and toe sweep look like they'd be a fun combo in 54 and 58.

Would need to see them in hand first.

Love mine. Great look from address and kicked my Vokeys out and I've tried that many times.

I just can't get over the look of these.

Sucks that the Toe Sweep isn't available in 54

Would have been tempted with TS 54 and DS 60

I saw thes in hand yesterday and at address they look pretty good, I really liked the dual sole

Sucks that the Toe Sweep isn't available in 54

Would have been tempted with TS 54 and DS 60

Yes it is, I have a 54 TS

I saw thes in hand yesterday and at address they look pretty good, I really liked the dual sole
I like them too. I am a believer in Nike wedges. Confidence inspiring at address and perfect weight. Pretty much the opposite of my last wedges.

I like them too. I am a believer in Nike wedges. Confidence inspiring at address and perfect weight. Pretty much the opposite of my last wedges.

Yup I've been playing Nike wedges for a couple years now and really love them.

These are awesome btw.

I'll second that, I've been playing the Engage toe-sweep at 60* for the past few weeks and have found it to be one of my most reliable clubs around the green. Our course is growing in some lucious rough, and the TS helps me get the club in and out with ease. It took me a little while to figure out I didnt need to open the face as much to get the results I was looking for. I definitely struggled out of the sand at the beginning for the same reason, I was opening up too much and coming in too steep. The face and grooves seem to give me a little more bite than my older VR Pro Forged wedges that I'm playing at 50* and 55* which is a nice touch as well.

bought a 58* toe sweep out of sheer curiosity of how it would perform around the bunkers. wasnt enjoying the response of my 54* cleveland in the sand. have been so impressed that i just ordered a 54* and 50* square sole to replace my cleveland and GW... the rust makes them so aesthetically pleasing to me

I'm a rust guy too. I didn't love these but I know those that do really end up liking them.

Back