GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
It's just a take on a calzone, but it's pretty genious:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-pizza-waffle-recipe-of-your-dreams-whats-the-118971461776.html

The Pizza Waffle Recipe of Your Dreams

Yahoo Food EditorsMay 15, 2015

What’s the one way to make pizza even better? Stuff those toppings in between two dough squares, and throw that thing into a waffle iron. Yes. A waffle iron. Think of it as a homemade

Hot Pocket that’s far better than its namesake.

Here’s how it actually works:
Slice a sheet of pre-made pizza dough into pieces that will fit into your waffle iron.
Fill each with mozzarella and pepperoni, then place into a greased waffle iron (Pam cooking spray works really well).
Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, until dough starts to brown on both sides. Serve with warmed marinara sauce and get dipping. Enjoy!

Back in the day, there was a kitchen machine that would make pocket sandwiches that came out like Hot Pockets. We would throw some pizza dough in and make those things. Not bad in a pinch as a teenager.

This seems like a better idea.

Of course, back in the day we would also tie an onion to our belt, as was the style at the time.

All of these food talk this morning is killing me! Looks amazing

Dinner tonight? We happen to have a waffle maker that makes two at a time.

Cool idea. I have seen the waffle iron used for many things recently, including making brownies. I didn't buy it at first, in fact I laughed, but oh man they were delicious. I might have to try this out.

That is not a bad idea. Now I'm hungry.

I love the idea, may have to try this one out. 2 of my favorites foods in one, yes please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely brilliant. That's got me thinking about using the George as a pizza press.

My wife is out of town this week. Perfect time for me to do some culinary experiments.

The Pizza Waffle

You guys come up with (and find) some of the best recipes....

393d2200a295338598e43b987ae9e836.jpg

d8269985b24aa380acf75a47e1bc29e2.jpg

We ate pretty healthy this weekend. Have two buddy.

We ate pretty healthy this weekend. Have two buddy.

I was not expecting much, but they are pretty darn good. If I had a family, this would be a cool way to get kids involved.

I was not expecting much, but they are pretty darn good. If I had a family, this would be a cool way to get kids involved.

My kids like you for a reason and we will likely give these a go.

Is it bad that I am making them again today?
Thinking about going with some unique fillings this time.

I told my wife about these last night and they will be made soon. We got a waffle iron when she was pregnant with our 2nd child and have barely used it since, so I'm glad we hung onto it.

I would save the calories for Breakfast Sliders personally.....
But when pizza's on a bagel (or in a waffle) you can eat pizza anytime!

Thanks for keeping me accountable, buddy.

I want to try these

I would save the calories for Breakfast Sliders personally.....

The irony is that is exactly what I am doing in some ways. I will hit my goal before #TheGrandaddy and I am so darn excited about it. Sure I will indulge every now and then, but the truth of the matter is, there is 6 months left which is not much time to change the lifestyle. Excited for this as you know and seeing guys like you do it, makes me even more excited.

I saw this on FB the other day. Damn if I wasn't dieting, I would so make this.

Back