The Disney World Thread

Keep in mind that for much less, you will be able to extend trip at Gaylord Palms and its an amazing place and they offer the free shuttle to the parks.
I'm trying to sway her that way, trying. In the end, since she's leaving the baby behind for the first time, I'll do whatever makes her the happiest.

If you do stick with a Disney hotel, consider renting DVC points to stay in one of those rooms instead for much less than booking through Disney as a normal hotel room. All of the deluxe properties have dvc rooms now.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

If you do stick with a Disney hotel, consider renting DVC points to stay in one of those rooms instead for much less than booking through Disney as a normal hotel room. All of the deluxe properties have dvc rooms now.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I thought for sure you would be headed to the THP Bridgestone Championship at Disney.

The Grand Floridian is awesome, I would recommend it highly.

It's a beautiful resort but there are much more enjoyable ones at that resort level for a lot less, and you don't run into the snobby feel from the guests like you can at GF.

It's a beautiful resort but there are much more enjoyable ones at that resort level for a lot less, and you don't run into the snobby feel from the guests like you can at GF.

Beach Club is kind of our "future" dream resort when we take the kids and can afford it annually, we are intrigued to stay there on this one for a couple nights and see.

But, who knows at this point, I still have to get her to 100% commit and not leave me hanging.

Beach Club is kind of our "future" dream resort when we take the kids and can afford it annually, we are intrigued to stay there on this one for a couple nights and see.

But, who knows at this point, I still have to get her to 100% commit and not leave me hanging.

I was actually thinking of yacht club when I posted, but yes same place basically. Better pool, close to Epcot and DHS, that can be nice.

I was actually thinking of yacht club when I posted, but yes same place basically. Better pool, close to Epcot and DHS, that can be nice.
Don't forget the Yachtsman restaurant. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I thought for sure you would be headed to the THP Bridgestone Championship at Disney.

Would love to, but I have torn labrum in both shoulders. No idea when I'll be able to play agin without surgery, which may not be able to happen until i finish grad school next May. It sucks.

Otherwise I'd be all over it. Consolation is that we are making our pilgrimage to Disneyland in August.

Universal has 2 parks so you need to figure which one you want to do. Unless you want to do both in one day but that might be a lonnnnnnng day.
If your kids are Harry Potter fans at all they will want a Park to Park ticket, as a Park to Park ticket is required for the Hogwarts Express train ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now located in both parks. Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley in Universal Studios. To see everything Universal has to offer 2 days or more are best. With 1 day you'll only get to see the highlights.

Personly I hate to park hop since it does take time to go from one place to another and that's valuable time that could be spent having fun.

If if you are going to do it though buy your tickets soon and start planning your fast passes now for Disney. Universal has a fast pass thing too but it's like $40 a person on top of your ticket.
Universal Express cost varies by day and time of year. It can be purchased in 1 Park or 2 Park versions. Friday and Saturday's are going to be higher than other days in October. The Express pass allows you 1 time thorough each attraction that has Express line. Note that there is also an Unlimited Universal Express ticket available as a combo with park admission but it is expensive.

If your kids are Harry Potter fans at all they will want a Park to Park ticket, as a Park to Park ticket is required for the Hogwarts Express train ride. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now located in both parks. Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley in Universal Studios. To see everything Universal has to offer 2 days or more are best. With 1 day you'll only get to see the highlights.

I would say that also depends on time of the year. If you catch a non a busy day, you could pull an open to close and hit both parks relatively easily

What about water parks? Typhoon lagoon, Blizzard Beach or Wet n wild?
Wet N Wild is a bare bones water park. Has great rides and a lot of them, but no theming like you'll find at the Disney water parks. My personnel opinion is that WnW is great for teens and those on a budget.

I would say that also depends on time of the year. If you catch a non a busy day, you could pull an open to close and hit both parks relatively easily
Doable if interested in just rides. Adding in shows, the parade, Cenimatic Spectacular, kids areas, there just aren't enough hours in the day. Even with VIP tour guides with my client FAMs we have to skip the shows.

Doable if interested in just rides. Adding in shows, the parade, Cenimatic Spectacular, kids areas, there just aren't enough hours in the day. Even with VIP tour guides with my client FAMs we have to skip the shows.

Ahh, I was only thinking of the rides. Never factored in the shows or kid areas

Tonga. Toast.

Ahh, I was only thinking of the rides. Never factored in the shows or kid areas
The Horror Make Up show is a great one. I always try to see it when I'm at the parks. More of a comedy show than horror but probably still not good for younger kids.

The Blues Brothers show is entertaining. As is the Sinbad Stunt show. The stunt show is great for kids 12 and under.

I'm not a fan of the Beetlegeusse show. It's just ok in my opinion.

Cinematic Spectacular is very entertaining. An end of day show held 4 to 7 times a week at Universal Studios.

The Superstar Character Parade, also in Universal, is great for youngsters. Despicable Me, Spongebob, Dora The Explorer, and E.B. from the movie HOP.

Tonga. Toast.

#diabeetus

The Horror Make Up show is a great one. I always try to see it when I'm at the parks. More of a comedy show than horror but probably still not good for younger kids.

The Blues Brothers show is entertaining. As is the Sinbad Stunt show. The stunt show is great for kids 12 and under.

I'm not a fan of the Beetlegeusse show. It's just ok in my opinion.

Cinematic Spectacular is very entertaining. An end of day show held 4 to 7 times a week at Universal Studios.

The Superstar Character Parade, also in Universal, is great for youngsters. Despicable Me, Spongebob, Dora The Explorer, and E.B. from the movie HOP.

Horror Makeup Show is fantastic, their jokes are solid and cheesy: my favorite kind.

The other shows don't really do much for me anymore other than the Cinematic Spectacular at the end of the evening. that's still a solid show.

For those going down for Bridgestone Championship that are haunted house fans you may want to check out Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. It will run Thursday through Sunday night that weekend of the THP event. Will be in Universal Studios, but is a separately ticketed event that will start at 7pm each nite. Some rides will be open but focus will be on 9 haunted houses, and scare zones with scareactors. Very crowded on Friday and Saturday nights though. Thursday or Sunday will be a better experience, imo.

#diabeetus

Its worth it and you know it. Its GLORIOUS. Strawberry compote ftw!

Add in a stop at beaches and cream for a fan damn tastic grilled cheese and tomato soup and you're set.

For those going down for Bridgestone Championship that are haunted house fans you may want to check out Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. It will run Thursday through Sunday night that weekend of the THP event. Will be in Universal Studios, but is a separately ticketed event that will start at 7pm each nite. Some rides will be open but focus will be on 9 haunted houses, and scare zones with scareactors. Very crowded on Friday and Saturday nights though. Thursday or Sunday will be a better experience, imo.

I second this. This is a fun event. It's not anywhere near the experience that Not So Scary Halloween Party is so don't take small kids or you're going to regret all of that decision.

Its worth it and you know it. Its GLORIOUS. Strawberry compote ftw!

Add in a stop at beaches and cream for a fan damn tastic grilled cheese and tomato soup and you're set.

I drank the compote. Poor decision in the end, not up front.

B&C is fantastic. Wash that soup and sandwich combo down with a sundae and you're in a happy food coma.

The train ride may be short but if the kids are fans it really is awesome.

The train ride may be short but if the kids are fans it really is awesome.

Or the adults are fans. Or the fact you could purchase a beverage and enjoy it on the train..

Sounds like we are doing magic kingdom that monday before we head out of town

Sounds like we are doing magic kingdom that monday before we head out of town

You will want to FastPass Seven Dwarves Mine Train as soon as you can, which if you are staying offsite is 30 days out of your arrival date.

What's that?

Back