Pictures of your back swing

From this position you are very limited on what you can do. You will have to swing deeper in order to generate any additional distance. I'm sure the swing works for you but if your looking for me, you'll have to change the back swing
Not at all, it looks like a homemade swing. Which is more than fine but it's a very limited swing in terms of squeezing more out of it
Thanks Freddie.

You're correct about the fact it's a homemade swing, I had this one when I started playing in the beginning of last year. There was no teacher involved, I just bought a set and started hitting balls. I've been working on the "traditional" back swing for a while now on the range, but dramatic results on the course (regular 0/14 FIR, 5+ penalty strokes of the tee per round, a lot of lost balls) led me to go back to this one. Distance-wise I have no complaints, but I am fighting the occasional hook, and have a lot of trouble working the ball with this swing, as attempted fades turn in to slices more often than not.

I've just met a pro who is a left handed former hockey player like me, and he's going to have a close look at my woods in the summer, when I have a bit more time-money-energy.
Here is a back swing with a wedge that will generate 130-140 yards of distance I think his hands are higher with a much smaller club.
This is kinda what my iron swing looks like in terms of hand position and length of the back swing. Could be a mental thing, I just have a lot more confidence in my iron play, maybe my back swing is longer and more confident because of that as well.

Thanks Freddie.

You're correct about the fact it's a homemade swing, I had this one when I started playing in the beginning of last year. There was no teacher involved, I just bought a set and started hitting balls. I've been working on the "traditional" back swing for a while now on the range, but dramatic results on the course (regular 0/14 FIR, 5+ penalty strokes of the tee per round, a lot of lost balls) led me to go back to this one. Distance-wise I have no complaints, but I am fighting the occasional hook, and have a lot of trouble working the ball with this swing, as attempted fades turn in to slices more often than not.

I've just met a pro who is a left handed former hockey player like me, and he's going to have a close look at my woods in the summer, when I have a bit more time-money-energy.This is kinda what my iron swing looks like in terms of hand position and length of the back swing. Could be a mental thing, I just have a lot more confidence in my iron play, maybe my back swing is longer and more confident because of that as well.
I hope I didn't offend you. My comments are straight from the heart and not meant to offend.

If you are slicing and hooking then I feel you are trying too hard. Try to get more out of that swing then you can. If I were you, I'd work on delivering a square club head to the ball each time. That swing to me say, sweeping draw. I think you should embrace that. And when you need a fade, just hold the face open. All of this happen behind the ball. So don't lunge or jump at the ball. Stay behind it and allow the hands to release.

Top of my back swing for a wedge.

4d8507789449bbeef7fe127147ca49ae.jpg

I hope I didn't offend you. My comments are straight from the heart and not meant to offend.

If you are slicing and hooking then I feel you are trying too hard. Try to get more out of that swing then you can. If I were you, I'd work on delivering a square club head to the ball each time. That swing to me say, sweeping draw. I think you should embrace that. And when you need a fade, just hold the face open. All of this happen behind the ball. So don't lunge or jump at the ball. Stay behind it and allow the hands to release.
Absolutely not! Why would I be offended? Hackers from all over the world seek your advice because you have a keen eye and a lot of knowledge on the golf swing. So if you analyse my swing, and point out what I'm doing wrong and/or could be improved, I'm only appreciating it, and will try to take everything I can from your input to improve my game.

In terms of the sweeping draw you're spot-on, as that's usually the ball flight that follows. I'll definitely hit the range with your pointers in mind.

7f01322e024c49125610324607539c1e.jpg

From the MSP event. This one went a little right.

I REALLY struggle getting the ball high enough some days.

7f01322e024c49125610324607539c1e.jpg

From the MSP event. This one went a little right.

I REALLY struggle getting the ball high enough some days.

club face looks shut to me (pointing up at the sky). google your favorite tour pros and i would think most of them have some toe hang. if your club face is shut at the top, that may explain the lack of height.

club face looks shut to me (pointing up at the sky). google your favorite tour pros and i would think most of them have some toe hang. if your club face is shut at the top, that may explain the lack of height.

its a constant battle and something I know about. This is, believe it or not, an improvement.

its a constant battle and something I know about. This is, believe it or not, an improvement.

strong grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strong grip?

Maybe a little, I'm sure. Instructor doesn't seem overly concerned with the grip. I'm battling a badly sprained finger right now so that makes adjusting difficult. I spent 40 minutes at the range trying to get 3 hybrids off the ground last night.

Friend happened to snap this today without my knowledge.

EI4r8Lvd.jpg

841e6726d96dc8af06915b8d8cbbeffa.jpg

This was on a downhill lie.

905af8fff6b993f777f098f55ff70bfc.jpg

b9641b02a1a0cdce153965d210e265ef.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm chasing pictures, but it sure looks like I'm bringing this club back under the plane.

3a6457e4fb30b75695eba12123ea6b1b.jpg

I know I'm chasing pictures, but it sure looks like I'm bringing this club back under the plane.

3a6457e4fb30b75695eba12123ea6b1b.jpg

I swear I'm not stalking you or trolling you today!!! shoulder plane looks very flat here, like it's too much of an armswing and not enough shoulder rotation. I opened your swing in tapatalk and this swing sequence of Justin rose side by side http://www.golfmagic.com/tips-and-i...ruction/justin-rose-swing-sequence/20876.html in the third picture. the shoulder plane is the only thing I saw.

I swear I'm not stalking you or trolling you today!!! shoulder plane looks very flat here, like it's too much of an armswing and not enough shoulder rotation. I opened your swing in tapatalk and this swing sequence of Justin rose side by side http://www.golfmagic.com/tips-and-i...ruction/justin-rose-swing-sequence/20876.html in the third picture. the shoulder plane is the only thing I saw.

You're not wrong.

What's interesting, Rose/Foley believe the club has to get started before the shoulders start. Basically, club, then arms, then shoulders, and then hips.

You're not wrong.

What's interesting, Rose/Foley believe the club has to get started before the shoulders start. Basically, club, then arms, then shoulders, and then hips.

I'm a foley homer. I could watch mahan and rose all day long.

in your blugold v2015 thread, those swings look so good, but the only comment I would make is that the shoulders don't look rotated enough. it looks like you get to the top with an aggressive wrist-set more than a deep shoulder turn. but if it ain't broke...

I'm a foley homer. I could watch mahan and rose all day long.

in your blugold v2015 thread, those swings look so good, but the only comment I would make is that the shoulders don't look rotated enough. it looks like you get to the top with an aggressive wrist-set more than a deep shoulder turn. but if it ain't broke...

I do set my wrists hard and late. I do not challenge that.

I'm a Haney homer, or at least his idea of a one plane swing. In his model, the take away means shoulders start turning, wrists start hinging, and forearms start rotating together. I have yet to really wrap my hands around the turn/hinge/rotate relationship.

This is my natural swing. I'm swinging an 8 iron. This is from Dec 2014 back before I had a bunch of lessons. I was making center contact and able to hit the ball far with a draw. My miss was a block or hook (if I didn't align correctly). This is what is called a reverse-slot swing. It is also a double post swing. Needless to say I'm not swinging the club at the moment. I'm out for the season awaiting the word from the orthopedist.

Sorry you can't see the footwork here, but the downswing starts with the planting of the left heel.

vlcsnap-2015-06-05-.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took my Gopro out on the course today and recorded a few of my swings. Looks like on my downswing I have a slight over the top swing. Kind of explains somethings, so now its back to the golf swing drawing board. (no animals were harmed)

vlcsnap-2015-06-05-.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took my Gopro out on the course today and recorded a few of my swings. Looks like on my downswing I have a slight over the top swing. Kind of explains somethings, so now its back to the golf swing drawing board. (no animals were harmed)

You could instantly improve your swing if you put a Giants hat on :)

Is your right leg completely straight? I struggle with locking out my right leg and when I can remember to do it, I get better ball contact and flight when I keep a slight bend in my right knee.

Haven't taken any pics of my swing this season so i did so today (did a screen shot during some video I took) Can't believe my heel is off the ground haha doesn't feel like that

18ebc64a208ea4163e105364301be22e.jpg

f2ea8ea2a77bc086fa3468201b82664b.jpg

Last edited:
You could instantly improve your swing if you put a Giants hat on :)

Is your right leg completely straight? I struggle with locking out my right leg and when I can remember to do it, I get better ball contact and flight when I keep a slight bend in my right knee.

Giants hat will neeever happen lol.

My right leg is slightly bent, one of my problems is topping the ball so I have to stay down and remember to relax and not tense up. Every now and then a push or slice jumps into my game and through this video I seen my swing come over the top. It's crazy the stuff you find when you record your own swing.

Giants hat will neeever happen lol.

My right leg is slightly bent, one of my problems is topping the ball so I have to stay down and remember to relax and not tense up. Every now and then a push or slice jumps into my game and through this video I seen my swing come over the top. It's crazy the stuff you find when you record your own swing.
That's why I'm afraid to.....

Back