Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as its getting into winter im thinking of maybe trying out a hybrid again. I have an amp cell one and ive tried two different shafts and just don't like it at all. I just seam to hook it more than not. Any ideas that wont break the bank.

Cheap great options are the Cleveland Classic or 588. Super easy to hit and looong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to pondering buying a new cart bag. I really want a 14 way divider and I want a red, white and blue one. I really like the Sun Mountain C130, but it is a bit pricey for me right now. I also like the Callaway 0rg 14 bag and they can be had for at least $50.00 less. I would have thought that it would be easy to find a lot of choices in the color scheme I want, but that hasn't been the case.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

Back to pondering buying a new cart bag. I really want a 14 way divider and I want a red, white and blue one. I really like the Sun Mountain C130, but it is a bit pricey for me right now. I also like the Callaway 0rg 14 bag and they can be had for at least $50.00 less. I would have thought that it would be easy to find a lot of choices in the color scheme I want, but that hasn't been the case.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

the four5 has the 14 and fits well on a cart or pushcart. They have the red white blue color way.

XR Pro irons...still...

After Iomic putter grips were mentioned ive been eyeing them. Want to try something other than the superstrokes I've been using for like ever

Back on the Apex ponder again. Just tried the non pro ones as well as xr pro, rsi 2 and rsi forged. Rsi 2 and the regular apex felt the best. I think I might book in for a fitting, it's only $50 for a full bag.

Back on the Apex ponder again. Just tried the non pro ones as well as xr pro, rsi 2 and rsi forged. Rsi 2 and the regular apex felt the best. I think I might book in for a fitting, it's only $50 for a full bag.

That's a great price for a fitting Nathan!

That's a great price for a fitting Nathan!

Yeah that's what I thought. He had a board with some prices. $20 for driver only, $30 for an iron set. Just a bummer apex irons are still over $1200 here.
Also tried an xr hybrid.

Cheap great options are the Cleveland Classic or 588. Super easy to hit and looong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second the 588 suggestion. One of my all time favorite clubs. It keeps finding its way back into my bag.

Second the 588 suggestion. One of my all time favorite clubs. It keeps finding its way back into my bag.

My 5w does the same thing...

I need new grips. I love the UTx but they are tearing my right hand apart.

I'm one of the only weirdo I know of that utx and ilines tore up my right index finger. Lamkin crossline cords and golf pride zcords don't though...

UTx tear the crap out of my gloves, but they work. Great grip in wet and dry conditions.

Last edited:
Pondering a Sun Mountain hybrid bag on closeout... I realized yesterday with a little wind how annoying the range can be without a stand bag. But I do love my pockets when on a cart. Seems like the most reasonable tradeoff

Been eyeing the XR 5h but I'm going to see if an experiment works first.....honestly not sure if it's even possible but I'm gonna try to put a CTL shaft into a Callaway tip for the BB 5h.

Should be able to do some club work tonight regardless putting the CTL's into the BB 6-AW heads and they should make their debut on Saturday morning.

And IF all this works out....I can off some gorgeous irons that I don't need. :act-up:

I need new grips. I love the UTx but they are tearing my right hand apart.

I have the same issue with the utx on my fairway. I'm probably going to swap it out for an I line or 3gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back