Golf Channel Am Tour

Way to go Cace! And I love that course!

Way to go out on top Cace! Should give you some great confidence got the legacy.

It was a really nice course. I actually ended up playing it again a couple days later.

Should have let some of us Nashville-types know you were in town. We could have gotten a group together.

Congrats on the win!

Nice win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Cace!

Congrats Cace

Nice win Cace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win Cace! When 2 of my kids are gone in a few years I may decide to start playing a little amateur tournament golf again. I would qualify a a senior now that I'm 50!! Who knows, if I enjoy it and get serious about my game again I may even play in a US Senior Open qualifier once I turn 55. I would have almost zero chance to qualify but it would be a fun experience. They had a 36 hole sectional qualifying for the US Women's Open yesterday at my home course and I took my daughter up there to watch and it was a lot of fun. Julie Inskter and Pat Hurst were paired together and I recognized one of the gals from the Big Break but my name escapes me. We walked the entire course and saw a lot of good shots from the ladies.

Wow, everyone at the THP tournament got a new Callaway Xr driver with custom shaft? That is quite a deal. How many people were in the tournament?

Last year Natioanls was Scottsdale. I heard a rumor next year will be Myrtle Beach.

I have really wanted to try this the last few years but the venues around Richmond were really spread out. May have to check out Tampa's though.

Sorry to hear about the frustrating round, but hey, didn't you win one of these in TN a couple months ago? Don't be so greedy

What happened to Gomez? I know the AR was suffering but I am surprised he was replaced.

The reason I said it was suffering was the size of the fields. The last 3 tournaments were 11, 22, and 11 players spread over 6 flights. And one tournament was cancelled for lack of sign ups. I travel to out of state tournaments but every time I looked at an AR tournament there was maybe one guy signed in my flight. I'm not driving for 3-4 hours for a two man flight.

The reason I said it was suffering was the size of the fields. The last 3 tournaments were 11, 22, and 11 players spread over 6 flights. And one tournament was cancelled for lack of sign ups. I travel to out of state tournaments but every time I looked at an AR tournament there was maybe one guy signed in my flight. I'm not driving for 3-4 hours for a two man flight.

Sounds like a THP Event is exactly what you are looking for.

The KC tournaments are usually 40-50 man fields. The Jones flight is big enough to be split into regular and seniors with 5-6 each.

I saw the same thing happen in the IA tour, membership dwindled. The final Iowa season championship had a 9 man field and it didn't come back the next year. Some areas can't support it. I would think the AR could do well. There are enough good courses to play.

Just announced the 2016 Nationals will be at Innisbrook in Tampa, FL. No word on what the other two courses will be. Innisbrook should be a great location. It hosts a PGA Tour event. I'll be going.

Just announced the 2016 Nationals will be at Innisbrook in Tampa, FL. No word on what the other two courses will be. Innisbrook should be a great location. It hosts a PGA Tour event. I'll be going.
I'd rather spend my money on THP events. Much better value for the money. You get the completion aspect plus a lot more fun.

And oh yeah, they play on PGA courses as well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I was sharing some information about the next Am Tour season that isn't widely known and I was a little disappointed that the first comment is about the THP events. I honestly don't understand why on a Golf Channel Am Tour discussion thread so many people feel they need to make comments like this, as if there is a competition between the Am Tour the THP events. They aren't in competition. They aren't the same thing. You are comparing apples to oranges. If you want to play one or the other or both, great! No one is judging you either way. Neither is better than the other, they are different. Get out and play in a competition, whether it is a THP event, Golf Channel Am Tour, your local club championship or a charity scramble, do it! It is part of what makes this game great.

A little defensive aren't we?

Having played in multiple events from both. I was comparing the value of the two in my opinion. Is that not what a discussion board is for. Are we not allowed to offer a difference of opinion.

But I do feel strongly one is better then the others. I can't speak for all hese other posts you speak of.

Its no different than someone saying they prefer a PING driver over a Titlest driver in a thread. I know I'm free to play in either one, but thanks for the permission anyway.

I was sharing some information about the next Am Tour season that isn't widely known and I was a little disappointed that the first comment is about the THP events. I honestly don't understand why on a Golf Channel Am Tour discussion thread so many people feel they need to make comments like this, as if there is a competition between the Am Tour the THP events. They aren't in competition. They aren't the same thing. You are comparing apples to oranges. If you want to play one or the other or both, great! No one is judging you either way. Neither is better than the other, they are different. Get out and play in a competition, whether it is a THP event, Golf Channel Am Tour, your local club championship or a charity scramble, do it! It is part of what makes this game great.
Thanks for that, I was debating doing this version or a different tour. Your info helped a lot in deciding.

A little defensive aren't we?

Having played in multiple events from both. I was comparing the value of the two in my opinion. Is that not what a discussion board is for. Are we not allowed to offer a difference of opinion.

But I do feel strongly one is better then the others. I can't speak for all hese other posts you speak of.

Its no different than someone saying they prefer a PING driver over a Titlest driver in a thread. I know I'm free to play in either one, but thanks for the permission anyway.

Except you aren't comparing a Titleist driver with a Ping driver. The Am Tour and THP events are different. You are comparing a wedge and a putter. Both hit a golf ball, yes, but each has a purpose and each has it's own merits. Why not compare a charity scramble with a Sunday morning Nassau with your usual foursome? Both are golf competitions, right? Both can be great but they aren't the same.

Just offering a differing opinion on TGC AM and where I'd rather spend my money that's all.

Innisbrook has 4 courses, did they specifically say Copperhead

First event of the 2015-16 season kicks off for me this weekend at a tricky local course. The new Tour Director here has really stepped up in a big way by quickly scheduling 3 events over the next 6 weeks at some solid local courses. I'll be able to play in 2 of those events but also plan to play in an event at Fox Hollow in the Tampa area soon. Really looking forward to that one in particular, as it's one of the courses that will be played in the National Championship tournament next September.
Kind of their version of the PGA Tour wraparound season

I still can't used to the 2016 season starting in October. I am so used to the Hawaii events being the start.

Good luck in the events.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back