NBC has broadcasting rights to Open Championship

ATLGolfer

#ATLClive75
Reaction score
Handicap
I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed to hear this announcement.

NBC has a knack for ruining golf coverage, as illustrated by its broadcast of the US Open over the years. The Open Championship is one of my favorite events of the year, and I am very concerned that NBC will now ruin that experience.

To too many fluff pieces, not enough actual golf, and Johnny Miller complaining about how poorly everyone is playing. It's the calling card of NBC golf coverage.

Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

Boo to Johnny Miller. BOO!

Mute!!

well talk about a big BUMMER

NBC has broadcasting rights to Open Championship

Well Johnny will get to tell a whole new audience about his 63 in the US Open. LOL.

Isn't this the year when Fox will carry the 2015 US Open? It will be interesting to see how they approach it. Joe Buck and the Shark, right?

I really like ESPN's golf coverage. Bummed they won't be doing all four rounds anymore.

I don't think it will be as bad as some think

I don't care who's covering it as long as a few things happen.
1) Let's watch golf please
2) Let's watch more golfers than just Tiger
3) No 10 minute fluff interviews while the leaders are coming down the final stretch
4) Show GOLF SHOTS!

FWIW, this doesn't start until 2017. Also, Golf Channel is going to broadcast the Thursday and Friday rounds, NBC takes over for the weekend.

I'm sure we'll hear about Johnny's Open Championship win at Royal Birkdale a few times during the broadcast.

I think sky sports has it from a European standpoint so no BBC coverage either.

guess i will be watching on mute or real low volume. Need less Johnny Miller, Jim Nance and Nick Faldo in my golf watching life.

Nothing wakes you up better on a summer morning than Johnny Miller at 7AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This does not surprise me. Figured NBC had to go after either the Open Championship or PGA after losing the US Open.

Nothing wakes you up better on a summer morning than Johnny Miller at 7AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if NBC will take a page from its Olympic broadcasting and tape delay Open coverage.

"Open Championship coverage -- IN PRIME TIME -- only on NBC"

This does not surprise me. Figured NBC had to go after either the Open Championship or PGA after losing the US Open.

NBC can have the PGA.

NBC coverage is the PGA of golf coverage.

NBC can have the PGA.

NBC coverage is the PGA of golf coverage.

NBC can't have the PGA Championship, Johnny Miller never won it.

Hmmmmmm. I wasn't that thrilled with ESPN's coverage of anything, although they did a better job of the Open than the few other tournaments they might carry. Why can't they just return it to ABC like it used to be years ago (and perhaps why ESPN had is after that).

~Rock

I don't care who's covering it as long as a few things happen.
1) Let's watch golf please
2) Let's watch more golfers than just Tiger
3) No 10 minute fluff interviews while the leaders are coming down the final stretch
4) Show GOLF SHOTS!

This shouldn't be an issue, he won't be playing on Saturday or Sunday.

#Truth

Oh NBC, why do you do this to me? I understand you want to make golf more interesting with the fluff pieces, I get it, but keep them short and to the point...and not as many, please....PLEASE.

Wonder if there is a way to get the BBC coverage online as an alternative?

no but they will open the coverage with his miscues and horrendous shots. tiger will get the coverage for playing good and get just as much because he played bad and everyone was expecting him to play good.

DVR with fast forward is how I watch most golf now. I will go on record as stating neither Johnny Miller or Nick Faldo irritate me.

Back