What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Just bought more srixon xv. Love this ball. Played prov1 for years, searched for a replacement and found the Zstar. Loved it, but tried the XV. It reduced my long balI sidespin, and it doesnt feel like a marshmellow off my putter and wedges. I just looked into trying a different ball like a bridge stone or the chrome soft and I couldn't do it. The Zstar XV is the bizness.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Got a nice gift of last years B330-RX, just great all around balls. Might have to get another dozen while the price is still low. Still love my Z-Stars tho.

Played the new e6 yesterday. Dang thing flies straight ... just wish it could hold a green for me (or maybe I could just club down and play the roll).

Played the new e6 yesterday. Dang thing flies straight ... just wish it could hold a green for me (or maybe I could just club down and play the roll).

Try a Q-star if you get a chance. I find them similar to the E6 but with stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

played with a z-star yesterday... like it a lot...

why are these balls so cheap at dicks now...?

I've been playing the Srixon Z-Star XV, and I've made mention of the fact that its best feature is the ability to hold a tight line in flight. I played with a scratch golfer this week who also played the XV; when I asked why he liked it, he told me the same exact thing.

We then went on to agree that we liked the durability too.

played with a z-star yesterday... like it a lot...

why are these balls so cheap at dicks now...?

If the boxes have vertical striping they are the older version priced on closeout. The 2015 version has a diagonal stripe over the top left corner and are priced at $45/doz

I played the last of my chrome soft ball for my last round. I just have no love for this ball. The more I play a different ball the more I come back to the Z-Star xv. I just wish the XV had the same green stopping ability of the z-star for me. I thought i'd always play the NXT tour but I'm a big believer in the Z-Star. Just a great ball for every shot.

If the boxes have vertical striping they are the older version priced on closeout. The 2015 version has a diagonal stripe over the top left corner and are priced at $45/doz

Got you...
I think I'm going to load up on those old ones...

Tapa-dapa-do...

Played the Callaway Superhot today. Was rather pleased with it. Doesn't stop as quick as the 1x but...that's expected. Drives were straighter though.

Callaway chrome soft.

I like the way the ball played but the durability was terrible.

Callaway chrome soft.

It's the weirdest thing. Some people say they have been playing the same ball for multiple rounds. I went through 3 balls in one round of just normal use. No trees or cart paths and they were scuffed as all hell.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

It's the weirdest thing. Some people say they have been playing the same ball for multiple rounds. I went through 3 balls in one round of just normal use. No trees or cart paths and they were scuffed as all hell.

Same. After 12 holes this thing was donezo and I didn't hit a tree or path.

It was as bad if not worse than the og rzn.

Same. After 12 holes this thing was donezo and I didn't hit a tree or path.

Yeah I ditched 2 balls during the round because they were so scuffed and cut and finished with a 3rd that looked okay. Like I said, so weird that others have used balls for multiple rounds.

Callaway chrome soft.

Ricky, I think I experienced a little bit of what you are talking about now. I did see one scuff on my Chrome Soft from yesterday after not hitting anything to my knowledge. It was just one ball with one minor scuff similar to maybe hitting a tree or something, and the only one I have encountered, that I continued to play with no issue. I guess I've seen much much worse from higher priced balls but will play the same ball tomorrow and see what happens with the cover (until I inevitably lose it on the first hole after saying this).

Found a bridgestone 330rx on the course and played it until I got too aggressive on the 18th tee and it went swimming. First time I had ever played the rx and I really liked it so I'm sure I would like the current generation ones even more.

I played the last of my chrome soft ball for my last round. I just have no love for this ball. The more I play a different ball the more I come back to the Z-Star xv. I just wish the XV had the same green stopping ability of the z-star for me. I thought i'd always play the NXT tour but I'm a big believer in the Z-Star. Just a great ball for every shot.

Have you tried the new version of the z stars, both reg and xv? I am a fan of both versions, where last years models I didn't get along with the a star.

Chrome Soft.

I enjoy it a lot.

Found a Supersoft on the course and played a couple of holes. It's named accordingly. Average length for me and it held the green well on a couple of full wedge shots.

might be gaming a b330-rxs on friday in my invitational practice round. normally use the rx.

in a pinch i will play anything but I find there are 3 balls in particular that really fit me and i always look for a deal on pro v1x, z star xv, hex chrome+. of the 3 i say i am a chrome+ guy.

This spring I've been gaming the Bridgestone E5, and it's impressed me. I played the E6 mostly for the past 3 seasons, and I think the E5 just feels like a better overall ball. Longer off the tee, better spin and control on both approach shots and short game shots. I picked up last year's model on sale for around $20. Not as much spin as more expensive models, but plenty for this mid-handicapper. I tend to sweep the ball and hit lower iron shots, and it seems to help increase height a bit.

That said, my next ball to try will be the Srixon XV based on comments here about the nice spin action.

Chrome soft. Found it at the end of my last round. Just shot one of my best scores with it, to me it wasn't as soft as the chrome plus around the green but I actually like the chrome soft better. Need to find me some now

Chrome Soft for me too. I rotated with Callaway SR2 and Srixon Z-Star (previous model from a few years ago). And neither could really compare with the Chrome Soft for my swing speed which is 85 mph 6 iron. It's got the right combination of length and straights, with the ability to check up on approach shots.

I treid the Srixon Z-Star in Yellow yesterday, I really liked it a lot, had a nice solid pop of the woods, and really felt pretty soft on high lofted clubs. Seemed to hit and sit really well. It felt a little firm off the putter face for me, but nothing I couldn't get used to. I really liked the ball a lot. I have been playing the Callaway Supersofts, but was concerned they were over compressing for me. I want to try the Chrome Soft soon too, have been playing Callaway mostly the last 10 years or so.

Back