KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

I received the XL as well and wear a size 12. The Low Profile model fit is amazing. With the way these are designed, I may actually be able to wear my Travis Mathews London Fog shoes again. Those always gave me blisters on the back of my Achilles. Wearing them at work today with my Nike running shoes. So far all I can say is COMFORTABLE!! I will report back as the day progresses on how they feel and if they stay in place like I am hoping they will.

I'm watching this thread closely....I've been with Swiftwick since I came to THP. But I don't like the fact that when I wear these for work, it seems that the smallest amount of sawdust clings to them, and won't come off with normal care. I have to vacuum them and honestly it PITA. Now I know the focus of this is for golf, but I'm interested to see if people notice that kind of thing.

Very fair concern and things sticking to those was discussed at length this week between me and a few others.

And I'm glad you mentioned it since it will be a main point of comparison between the 2. Also gives me an idea to help with testing.

I'm watching this thread closely....I've been with Swiftwick since I came to THP. But I don't like the fact that when I wear these for work, it seems that the smallest amount of sawdust clings to them, and won't come off with normal care. I have to vacuum them and honestly it PITA. Now I know the focus of this is for golf, but I'm interested to see if people notice that kind of thing.

Its why I switched to Kentwool and could not be happier. Anything sticks to the thin material of the other brand and no washing gets it off. Then add the falling into the shoe that I had and the fact that these feel like slippers and I was sold.

Alright day one at work: the fit seems alright, in the foot feels good. They might be a bit higher actually than my other ankle-type profile socks. That may be because I'm at the edge of sizes or that I'm just not used to wearing them with pants. (long pants I mean...I usually do wear some kind of pants with socks :D). Anyway, push them down a hair and they feel normal.

With most socks if you forget your wearing them, that's what you want. I don't think you'll forget your wearing these...but that's only because every time I stand up it's "wow...that is SOFT." They are certainly very cushy.

I got my pair of Kentwool socks in Tour Profile today in lime green. I chose these because I've been wearing a pair of Puma Faas lite shoes lately and these will match nicely.
Some quick at first glance shots:

2755be671dc7b51e2673e3b8f8645f62.jpg

159f6301ab6643663663966c69c4bf5c.jpg

Generally I wear Puma socks that upon comparison now look especially thin in both the footbed and also around the heel/ankle
12a84717d52992a6d7216f5fb692bdf0.jpg

You can tell immediately how well these are made by their relative weight in comparison to "regular socks" but also in how they don't feel bulky once on your feet.

I took a quick snap of the inside of the socks so you can see the transition between the bottom and the mesh/stretchier areas although I admit they stretch well in all aspects.
273b57e820411c540e4bbb95d5d82a98.jpg

I took a quick spin around our hardwood floor in the kitchen wearing my usual Puma sock and a new Kentwool sock. The difference in cushioning is immediate on a hard surface. I'm hoping that combined with cushioning in shoes the fatigue I normally feel on the bottoms of my feet during a walking round of golf will improve.
Hoping to get for some on course testing shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can tell immediately how well these are made by their relative weight in comparison to "regular socks" but also in how they don't feel bulky once on your feet.
Nice observation. I was wondering about this after all the talk of the socks being so padded.

Nice observation. I was wondering about this after all the talk of the socks being so padded.

For me they didn't feel any heavier at all but the difference in feel was so noticeable. In my standard socks if I press down lightly I feel the floor. In the Kentwool it just felt like a surface but not hardwood floor if you know what I mean.

A noticeable observation: while my Puma socks "look" like they have additional padding on the bottom half, the bottom only had a bit more fabric to it. On the Kentwool socks the bottom feels almost twice as thick as my regular pair.

For me they didn't feel any heavier at all but the difference in feel was so noticeable. In my standard socks if I press down lightly I feel the floor. In the Kentwool it just felt like a surface but not hardwood floor if you know what I mean.

This is a fantastic reference to the feel. Its exactly what I notice.

How high up over the top of the shoe do the Tour Profiles go?

Good stuff, Girardcorp.

Insanely comfortable. Very "cushiony" is the best term at this point.

With this wool, I do worry about walking in the TX heat so we will find out here today if my feet get hot or not.

Here they are with Nike Lunar Waverly's. Again these are the low profile and IMO they are the perfect length for wearing with golf shoes.

64fde5dc176c9009fe5f6b19148038c5.jpg

046e6f62ddef1acb5c8651e2484f6afc.jpg

Just ordered some of the KW Pro Light socks. I'll post my thoughts once they arrive.

The heat question seems to be answered. I went to the range yesterday evening and it was hot; around 95- 97 hot. I can't say the socks were cool... but they certainly weren't any hotter than my normal socks. And with all the extra cushion that is impressive. My feet felt pretty good, and were not soaked in sweat.

On a side note, at the end of a full day of wearing them, when I took them off there was no lint or fuzzies or anything. With my normal black champion socks, they leave black sock lint all over the place, the Kentwools left nothing. And I noticed nothing stuck to the outside either.

I will say I was just at the range, not walking a full 18. But I also hit the short game area, so was walking up and down some. All told I was there for about 1.5 hrs

49b50482e8c19dc9c26cbda12d35ee21.jpg
882fa7cf0e32ca609360207355ef0565.jpg

I wanted to post some quick pics of my 19th hole collection. First thought is they feel a lot thicker then my normal dress socks.

The heat question seems to be answered. I went to the range yesterday evening and it was hot; around 95- 97 hot. I can't say the socks were cool... but they certainly weren't any hotter than my normal socks. And with all the extra cushion that is impressive. My feet felt pretty good, and were not soaked in sweat.

On a side note, at the end of a full day of wearing them, when I took them off there was no lint or fuzzies or anything. With my normal black champion socks, they leave black sock lint all over the place, the Kentwools left nothing. And I noticed nothing stuck to the outside either.

I think this were I really need these socks to perform for me. The lint on mine can get pretty bad too, glad to hear that Kentwools has solved this issue.

I got my order in the mail. I'll let the testers share thoughts before I chime in. I'm looking forward to see if these can perform in the heat/humidity I'm normally playing in.

I got my order in the mail. I'll let the testers share thoughts before I chime in. I'm looking forward to see if these can perform in the heat/humidity I'm normally playing in.

No way man, go ahead and share your feedback. The more thoughts and opinions on these all the better for the readers of our forum.

KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

Finally got home to find my pair in the mailbox. Pretty neat to see the hand-written note for us testers. I'll be comparing these to the Under Armour and Nike no-show socks I normally wear on the course.

73ae24b21132ffebba8969b7248d90d1.jpg

1dcd969a2d479b79b113a6794b411f48.jpg

I went ahead and tried them on and man are these things comfortable. Thick, but I don't think they're too thick. I have seen some thicker socks in the past cause my feet to slide in my shoes, so that'll be something I'll watch for in my round tomorrow.

The other thing I look for in a no-show sock is heel coverage. Not many socks get it right in this department, so I'm interested to see if the Kentwool covers my heel and prevents any rubbing that would cause discomfort.

Headed out for a round in 90*+ weather so it should be a pretty formidable environment to test a sock.

Thanks to Kentwool and THP for this unique opportunity!

I was able to get out yesterday and walk 18 in the new Kentwool Low Profile socks (black). It was a LONG round - about 5 hours to be exact in addition to around 90 minutes of practice pre-round. Conditions were dry, hot, and sticky with a temp of 92* and a feel like temp of 96*.

I have worn Swiftwick's in the past but my recent go to socks have been Puma Super Lite's (I think the KW Pro Lights would be comparable). My only real issue with any golf sock prior to this testing has been slippage on the heel during play (never bad enough where I've gotten blisters though). My feet don't get hot to the point where it bothers me but I've been playing pretty thin socks up to this point as well.

Putting these on they are undoubtedly thicker with much more cushion than any other golf sock I can recall wearing. I posted a photo yesterday of the low profile with my Nike Lunar Waverly shoe and they are the perfect height IMO. On course it was a standard day for me, I never got hot nor did I have any discomfort. I also can't say that they worked wonders in any regard - they really just did their job providing cushion and a comfortable offering to walk in.

Here is a photo of them after the round, I didn't make a single adjustment since I slipped them on 8 hours prior to this photo. As you can see, they are sitting perfectly just above the heel edge. I have to think that the tab on the sock goes a good way to helping this.

7DD87717-631B-4390-A192-A75F1045A53B_zpsrpued6hl.jpg

So on course performance was great and what I expected out of a quality sock. There has been recent discussion about Swiftwick and how everything sticks to them after they are washed so it had me wondering how these would perform.

Well I'm a neat freak and HATE having dirty feet and I NEVER wear socks around the house without shoes......but for the sake of testing I walked around the garage getting as much stuff stuck to the sock as I could. I then followed Kentwool's care instructions of turning them inside out and washing in warm water before placing into the dryer.

Here are 2 photos prior to tossing into washer with all kinds of crap on them:

A986E582-1954-4119-B4ED-3DFACF86DA49_zps1xulzfwy.jpg

02E160E4-75A2-4404-A339-8A8725E72F83_zpskgxdenjf.jpg

Now I'm unsure why they recommend turning them inside out but I definitely had my hesitation if all this crap would come off during the wash/dry. Here are the after wash photos. As you can see the inside of the socks are now clean but the outside have a long ways to go.

2CB2D0E1-1284-4F9A-8DAD-5CFE23E0B187_zpsnpztcqq4.jpg

BABE8656-BA8B-4C09-8697-646CA17E285D_zpsgodfgthb.jpg

As you can see the inside of the socks are now clean but the outside have a long ways to go. If you are someone who will get a bunch of debris (grass, dog hair, etc) then I would not recommend turning them inside out when washing. Now these were washed for the first time yesterday and then washed again today without being inside out and here are the after photos:

2564DA78-DE0A-4240-804C-E2AC121B721D_zpsn4qtjpku.jpg

65E2DFA7-A5A8-4E2C-BBB9-5479F56D42FB_zpssvcv7r10.jpg

As you can see, much better results from a cleanliness perspective. I'll be back out next Saturday doing some more testing and I have some thoughts running around about how I can further test these against other golf socks on the market. Don't hesitate to ask any questions!!

Great information Cookie. Well done.

7279f6d16b725261a0ad27c63767d6db.jpg
cc490d1937dd1169937e25d1f5da5dc2.jpg

Some pics with the socks on. I will be checking calf slippage and comfort today. First thought is they feel like I am wearing a normal sick with my dress shoes. Not a bad feeling but different.

Sorry for the duplicate post if a mod could delete the second post. Have to love Tapatalk.

Back