KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

Very interesting socks. Thanks for the thoughts on these Cookie. I'm impressed that these aren't making your feet hot. Some great info.

Good info on the washing. I noticed the "fuzziness" myself but hadn't read the care instructions yet. I have to second the absolutely dry status of these socks after a round of golf. Transformation for me compared to standard socks I wear. After a round of golf I can basically take my golf shoes off and keep wearing them. No immediate need to get them off and in the wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 2 rounds this weekend and have to say I am thoroughly impressed with these socks. First round was Saturday afternoon in the brutal FL summer heat. These were extremely comfortable throughout the round and my feet weren't soaked when I was done. Second round was Sunday morning and it was another hot one. I was wearing a brand new pair of shoes so I was really interested if I would get any rubbing. The course we played called for pretty long walks from your cart to the greens and back. Again there was no excessive moisture in my shoes and they were very comfortable even with the new lunar control 2 shoes. My wife had some nice blisters on the backs of her heels after the Saturday round. May have to pick her up a pair of these just for her couple rounds of golf a year.

There was no sliding on my foot or need for adjusting during the round. I normally wear either puma or van huesen no show socks. When the socks are fairly new there is no real need for adjusting, but as they wear out they no longer stay up on my heel. I don't see that happening any time soon with the kentwools. Going to try to wear these for every round I play for the rest of the year and give feedback after each time.

Testing #2: Uchee Trail Golf Course, Cochran GA. 6/20/15

See my first review here.

Tried to get out early on Saturday and we teed off at 8AM. There was still a ton of dew on the ground for the first couple of holes and that compared with my Puma Faas Lite 2.0s normally spells trouble. There is nothing worse about shoes and socks than when they get wet, especially socks. I noticed my shoes were damp, but my feet stayed completely dry, which is a change from the Under Armour/Nike socks I normally wear. My feet stayed dry and comfortable during the hot, humid 18 holes. I'm normally dying to get out of my socks and put on my flip-flops after my round, but with the Kentwool socks, I'm more than ok with wearing my shoes after the round. I'm really enjoying these socks.

On Sunday, I wore the USA Golf Sock with my New Balance 572s to the Braves game. All of that walking around up and down stairs (and even around the bases once), and my feet stayed comfortable and about as cool as they could be for being in mid 90s heat all afternoon. I normally wear flip-flops to the games because my feet would get so hot and stuffy in shoes and other socks, but not anymore. I currently have four pairs, but I may need to make this my everyday sock. Now pondering some of the Fashion Performance series. Headed to the gym tomorrow, so I'll post a little note on how they perform there as well.

I did not wash these inside-out, as the packaging suggests, after seeing #Cookie's pics. I will check to see if I see any changes in the sock after multiple washes.

Thanks again to THP and Kentwool.

Okay... 18 holes today on vacation in Ohio. Near lake Erie. Fox creek golf course. It was wet, course doesn't seem to drain too well. Humid and hot, but compared to southern VA not bad. Cart path only today so a LOT of walking... also a good bit of elevation changes. These socks stayed dry all day. Not just with the humidity, also the general damp muddy conditions. So dry...i'm still wearing them now. They never moved, in fact I didn't touch them all day.

After one washing, I saw no noticeable wear or fuzzies. So far these socks are great. $20 great? I don't know... but I can certainly tell the difference between these and normal socks.

I enjoy these socks as they are very comfortable. I was worried about my foot getting hot during the work day, but it has not yet. I forgot to turn them inside out on my first wash and have seen the same "fraying" Cookie has on his socks. The Kentwool across the toe did fade as well. This doesn't effect performance at all just something that I will watch for to see if the socks fade in the wash. If you are looking at getting this sock to wear with dress shoes I would see how a regular sock feels in the shoe before buying. They are quite thicker then a traditional dress sock. I will get a picture to try and compare them after they get out of the dryer.

Wearing these at work and we moved 50 computers this morning. Feet are feeling very comfortable.

1bb06e229c1320dd16e08f2cc39d54e3.jpg

This is a pic next to a normal dress sock. I'm not sure if you can tell the difference but the kentwool is definitely thicker.

For testing this upcoming weekend my plan is to play 36 with these socks on Saturday. Will be in carts but still a solid test for comfort and water resistance due to the sweat - gonna be warm in Branson.

I wore my regular socks to work today. Wish I would have worn my Kentwool. Big difference in comfort now that I've made the switch.

KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

Played league 9 today with my tour profile socks. Was 80 degrees and about 60% humidity and we walked. I got a little concerned today because I wore my normal puma golf shoes (instead of the Faas lites) and the combination seemed a bit tight compared to my normal socks I wear. It was only momentarily though because after I walked around for about a minute everything settled in. As usual, these provided great cushioning compared to the fact my arches are usually killing me after 9 holes. I easily could've kept going on the back, which is a big improvement. I never walk 18.

The moisture wicking is so incredible I still can't believe it. Even though I was sweating like crazy these socks were dry as could be. In fact I couldn't tell I even had worn them looking at them when I took them off. They also had zero odor to them ( I believe this is a claim on the packaging - proven true in my opinion!)

As a side note, I'm so impressed with these I bought 3 more pairs with the discount code that was provided in the original post.

Last edited:
I bought the low profile last year. The comfort and quality is outstanding, however I use them when the temps get below 60. I found them to be too hot for anything above that, but that's just for me personally.

I went out for 18 with regular socks...Kentwools were still dirty. There was a big difference, my feet were way more tired after. Also, I shot 12 strokes worse than when I wore the Kentwools. On an easier course. So... do these socks take strokes off your game??? Maybe...

...probably not.

I played 18 in the sweltering Orlando heat and humidity yesterday wearing the Kentwool low profile. My first thought was that these socks are insanely well made. My second, is that they are thick--much thinker than what I'm used to playing. They are really comfortable though and I didn't notice that thickness being a bad thing during my round yesterday. Were they hot? Maybe. I was drenched in sweat by the time I tee'd off, so I don't think it would be fair for me to compare the socks to what I normally wear just yet.

I'm headed out for another 9 holes in about 2 hours, and I'll have my second pair of Tour Profiles on and I'm looking forward to it.

Played 3 rounds this weekend at 3 different courses in just about every kind of summer weather you can get.

On Saturday, it was hot and then had a pretty hard rain shower for about 30 minutes. The rest of the round was muggy, but the Kentwool socks kept my feet as dry as they could. My shoes got a little wet because I was wearing my Faas Lite 2.0s, but not nearly as wet as when I wore my other socks. Never got that squishy gross feeling you get when you have wet socks on, so that was really nice.

On Sunday, I teed off around 10 and it had just rained that morning and even drizzled on us the first hole, but after that it was pretty comfortable. I did a lot of walking up and down hills and my feet stayed comfortable and cool the entire round. For these socks to be pretty thick, there's not much slippage inside of my shoe that you might expect when wearing thicker socks.

Yesterday, it was really comfortable for a late June day and the Kentwool socks continue to shine. I never thought that much about the socks I wore when out on the course, but these socks are changing that. I won't wear any other socks to the course. Looks like I'll need to buy a few more pair to make sure I'm covered for the long haul.

Been a while since I've been here. We were on vacation at my wife's grandmother's house in MI... who has no internet connection of any kind :arrogant:. Anyway I played "The Dream" in West Branch MI (some of you may know it), lots of elevation changes. The kentwool's were great all day. For such a thick sock, I keep thinking they have to be hot, or stuffy or something... and they keep not being either. I only notice them because they are so cushy. How they do that without being hot I have no idea, but they do.

Also after a few washings, I'm still impressed that when I take them off there are sill no fuzzies or lint (and I have the black ones). I can speak more to durability as I wear them more, but they stood up to a few wears,washes and travel pretty well.

Also, Scores on vacation with Kentwools : 94, 97 Scores without Kentwools: 106 ...so there's that. :D

A couple more rounds with the Low Profile as well as some more time just wearing them around the office. These are absolutely the most comfortable socks I have ever worn. I don't notice my feet being overly sweating like I can sometimes feel with my Fila socks. I also wore them during my last visit to Seaworld. These socks also help keep my feet from smelling too bad. It is a noticeable difference from my normal socks.

I have read the comments and reviews and it seems like a VERY well made pair of socks.
I guess my question to the reviewers is what makes this sock worth the $$$$?

I would have to see amazing performance differences in a sock to justify spending 500% or more on them than I regularly do.

Do any reviewers that have never used these before now plan on buying them regularly for future use?

Thanks

I have read the comments and reviews and it seems like a VERY well made pair of socks.

I would have to see amazing performance differences in a sock to justify spending 500% or more on them than I regularly do.

Do any reviewers that have never used these before now plan on buying them regularly for future use?

Thanks

To be honest while I think these are great socks I probably would not pay $28 for a pair of dress socks. They are very comfortable and thicker then usual, but I can't justify the extra money for them at this time. If it were two or three pair for the money in dress socks then I would consider it.

Thanks

To me, I am still taken aback at the price. They are amazing socks, but spending $20 for a pair is a bit much. Now the $20 off promo they ran recently on 3 pair or more was nice. If they decide to run something like that again I will probably go ahead and buy a few pair.

To me, I am still taken aback at the price. They are amazing socks, but spending $20 for a pair is a bit much. Now the $20 off promo they ran recently on 3 pair or more was nice. If they decide to run something like that again I will probably go ahead and buy a few pair.

This is me exactly. When the promos come (and they do), I order. I go through socks about once a year or less with regular brands and still have my Kentwools from 3-4 years ago.

I have to agree. These are great socks... but I couldn't justify paying $20 for A pair of socks. The sales seem good though.

This is me exactly. When the promos come (and they do), I order. I go through socks about once a year or less with regular brands and still have my Kentwools from 3-4 years ago.
Agree with this completely. I have been buying Kentwool socks for several years and only buy them when they offer a promotion. Their promotions are pretty frequent.

More importantly I have yet to retire a pair of Kentwool socks and pairs that I bought 3 years ago are still in great condition.

Back