Garsen Golf Grips Review

Looks Like quite a few are using this grip on the Cure's. I'm Almost about to put a SS 3.0 on mine. Curious about this grip but couldn't ever slap on one without feeling it in hand first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Like quite a few are using this grip on the Cure's. I'm Almost about to put a SS 3.0 on mine. Curious about this grip but couldn't ever slap on one without feeling it in hand first.

GPRO1 reached out to me immediately and told me where I can buy them locally. I went today and bought the Maxx grip and had it installed. I also had my RX3 cut down to 33 1/2. spent a quick 30 minutes feeling out the grip on the putter. The tackiness felt very good. Although the spine and hand placement is going to take some getting used to as it's not my normal hand placement.
Feels a bit awkward so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

I'm also going to revisit the video on the website that shows proper hand placement using the grip

Hello X.Man,

In the beginning it may feel a little different only because you have been used to putting with your hands in one position.
Work with it until you feel comfortable. It will become a natural feeling before you know it accept the change...

GPRO1 reached out to me immediately and told me where I can buy them locally. I went today and bought the Maxx grip and had it installed. I also had my RX3 cut down to 33 1/2. spent a quick 30 minutes feeling out the grip on the putter. The tackiness felt very good. Although the spine and hand placement is going to take some getting used to as it's not my normal hand placement.
Feels a bit awkward so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

I'm also going to revisit the video on the website that shows proper hand placement using the grip

The grip gets more comfortable to you the more time you spend with it.
I've been playing around with the Edge, Max, and Ultimate for some time now. The first week with each felt really strange, but over time it just felt natural and relaxed.

Hey GPRO, any plans to come out with a grip larger than the MAX; in diameter?

The long Max's showed up yesterday or the day before. Probably won't get them installed until the weekend, but will get pics up as soon as that is done.

The long Max's showed up yesterday or the day before. Probably won't get them installed until the weekend, but will get pics up as soon as that is done.
What's it going on Ryan?

Man, I don't even know dude. My collection is buried. As in actually buried under a bunch of building materials. Probably the first one I can grab.

Going into the weekend Garsen Golf is looking good JB Holmes using the EDGE Tony Finau using the ULTIMATE and Henrik Stenson using the MAX.
:banana::blob:

Going into the weekend Garsen Golf is looking good JB Holmes using the EDGE Tony Finau using the ULTIMATE and Henrik Stenson using the MAX.
Awesome to see this. Did not know that Finau was using the Ultimate.
I have all 3 installed on putters and I'm loving the Ultimate grip.

That's awesome about Finau, I had no idea.

I need a 15" CB. Would like to get 2 here before leaving early Friday for Branson.

A little bit of everything right there.

I played 18 with the Maxx yesterday. Much better hand position this time around than the 1st time. It almost forced me to relax my elbows and "tuck them in".

Still getting used to it but I have a lighter grip now and feel more comfortable with it than my first outing

I was able to install the 15" MAX quickly over the weekend and took it to a putting green for a bit.

I'll get some pics up here eventually, so hang in there. Put it on a Seemore X2, which isn't the style of putter I've been using in the last couple years, but it does have one thing going for it related to the review - it's 36.5" long. Should be a better way to test out a grip designed for a counterbalancing type setup.

Saw the earlier debacle with the install hack-job and was a little worried, but I had no issues at all. Used lots of WD40 and standard double-sided tape and it slid right on.

I'll be honest and say I'm not a big CB type expert or fan for that matter, so let me know if you have any specific questions. I found it to be a nice and comfortable setup since I'm already a fan of the MAX shape and size. Works very well for a LHL grip and I was finding both speed and direction easy to keep up with.

Thanks for that Hawk, so specific questions right now. Just wish I could get my hands on one of these, curious to see how it offsets the heavier Cure putter heads.

The only thing I'll say is that it's not going to be like a Boccieri grip or those weighted SS grips. It's just a much longer version of the original. I have specs somewhere, but have to sort though emails to find them. I'll try to do that today if work quits beating my a$$.

The only thing I'll say is that it's not going to be like a Boccieri grip or those weighted SS grips. It's just a much longer version of the original. I have specs somewhere, but have to sort though emails to find them. I'll try to do that today if work quits beating my a$$.

Thanks for this, I totally misunderstood the product then. Interest quickly dwindles with it not being a CB design.

Well, it's heavier by default, but doesn't seem crazy girthy like the ones with added weight to me. I'll get an exact weight for you.

Here you go Cookie.

GRIP SPECS:
· Grip diameter: 1.5 Inches
· Weight: 110 Grams
· Core Size: .600
· Firmness: Medium
· Shock Absorption: High
· Material: High-Tech PU Material
· Feel: Semi-tacky
· Profile: Semi-Tapered Pistol

Decent increase over the regular size Max:

GRIP SPECS:

• Grip diameter: 2 Inches
  • Weight: 60 Grams
  • Core Size: .600
  • Firmness: Medium
  • Shock Absorption: High
  • Material: High-Tech PU Material
  • Feel: Semi-tacky
  • Profile: Semi-Tapered Pistol
  • Two colors: White/Black and Black/White (Note: each model has a slightly different texture.)
  • $28.95 (includes shipping)

Thanks, good stuff. In comparison the SS XL is 95 without countercore and then 145 with. Gives a good sense of the expected weight.

And this 15" Garsen model is 50g heavier than the standard Garsen MAXX (60 vs 110). I could always run the 110 grip with a weight in the shaft to get around 145.

Here's some pics.

IMG_0042-L.jpg

IMG_0043-L.jpg

IMG_0045-L.jpg

IMG_0046-L.jpg

IMG_0048-L.jpg

There is a version with the nubby texture too. Not a huge fan of that one personally, which is why I installed the one I did.

I know some of you like the ultra heavy heads, but I don't and I don't have any, so this was the most logical setup I could build. The X2 is a little heavy to begin with if I remember correctly, and then considering it plays 1.5" longer than stock, it's a reasonable putter to use this grip on. I had a Boccieri SG Jumbo (165g) on it before and it was ok, but certainly not a consideration as a gamer for me. It was pretty freaking heavy.

This one doesn't feel so weighty obviously and seems to balance much better with the head.

I don't believe that individual results necessarily mean anything in the context of reviews, especially with putters and grips, but I putted like a champ yesterday. Easy greens. At one one point I made three 10-20 footers in a row, one for a satisfying birdie. Distance control was really good from pretty much everywhere, but greens were slow-ish. We'll see how that translates to greens with a little more speed this weekend.

Struggled a little in the 3-5 foot range. More than normal, but this is about as far away as you can get from my typical putter style (anser).

Does it feel like it is the same size around as it's little brother?

To me, it feels identical other than length.

Like I mentioned in the last post, I think results (putts made) is a poor way to review a putter or grip and yesterday is a pretty good example why.

Where I seemingly made everything in my last round, I was burning edges yesterday. That's putting though. I put out quality strokes out minus the normal stinker or two we all have every round and sometimes they just don't go in. Not to make it sound bad or anything. My number of putts was fine, speed was good, I got up and down on a couple key holes, and made one longer one. Just didn't drop any fist pumpers.

I do find myself wishing I had put the grip on a different putter as I just can't make my eyes work as well with a CS setup as I get closer to the hole. Easy fix though - I have a few more and will just pick a PN to install one on. Should be a good experiment anyway - how does the grip work in a 'conventional' setup.

Nice tacky feel, even when it got a little morning dew on it. Again, really enjoy the balance with the slightly heavier head and longer shaft. I've spoken plenty on how I like the grip in my hands and how some will/won't. Nothing new to report there.

Back