I have yet to have a problem with it fitting into any pocket. That being said, I'm not walking around in skinny jeans or tight shorts. I frequently wear golf shorts and have no issues and that's even with a relatively slim protection case on the phone.

What happened to your skinny jeans?

The 6 plus is so slim it'll fit in your pockets fine. I wear slim jeans (not skinny) and it fitted ok. I was sometimes a little weary when I was sat down though (even all that stuff about bending was totally exaggerated). Both the 6 and the 6 plus have a zoom mode that makes all the icons and characters bigger which may be handy for those with any eyesight problems. Also, you have 2 weeks to return the phone if you are taking out a contract so if the 6 plus does turn out to be unusable for you, exchange it for the 6 ;)

Might as well make it look better
9e5e6162e8867d1d1ba20794f7385926.jpg

cue the "will those be in the store" replies

cue the "will those be in the store" replies

They will not, but we have tried over and over to find a way to do cases that are solid and reasonably priced for people without having to deal with the issues of minimums, and sizing.

iPhone 6

So has anyone recently bought a 6+ that also strongly considered a Note4?

If so id love to hear feedback. If your pleased, why?

If you are having second thoughts, why?

So has anyone recently bought a 6+ that also strongly considered a Note4?

If so id love to hear feedback. If your pleased, why?

If you are having second thoughts, why?

Had the Note and now have the Plus. Ill be in the minority in this thread, that I preferred the Note, because the S Pen is dynamic when used properly. Both phones are excellent and both run just about every app out there. 6+ has better battery life in my opinion and is a bit thinner. A bit too long for many, but I dont mind the length.

Big fan of removable and upgradable storage, so for me that would be a huge factor, but in the end, you cant really go wrong with either. Depends really on what ecosystem you want to be a part of.

iPhone 6

Thanks JB. You may notice I posted the same question in the Android thread.

You're right it all comes down to OS and I'm not afraid to admit I'm scared to death of learning and then dealing with Android and the issues I've read about.

Of course I cuss Apple loudly for not supporting Flash...that can be really aggravating when doing some of my Basketball stuff.

Glad to hear that either one is a very solid choice.

Had the Note and now have the Plus. Ill be in the minority in this thread, that I preferred the Note, because the S Pen is dynamic when used properly. Both phones are excellent and both run just about every app out there. 6+ has better battery life in my opinion and is a bit thinner. A bit too long for many, but I dont mind the length.

Big fan of removable and upgradable storage, so for me that would be a huge factor, but in the end, you cant really go wrong with either. Depends really on what ecosystem you want to be a part of.
I think you had the note 3 correct?

My mom went from the 6+ to the note 4 and life was much better with the note. But ultimately it'll come down to how you use it. I believe the 6+ is easier on the battery when viewing pictures and videos, and the note will have significantly better talk time.

I think you had the note 3 correct?

My mom went from the 6+ to the note 4 and life was much better with the note. But ultimately it'll come down to how you use it. I believe the 6+ is easier on the battery when viewing pictures and videos, and the note will have significantly better talk time.

Note 4 briefly.

Might as well make it look better
9e5e6162e8867d1d1ba20794f7385926.jpg

To accompany this, I added a new screen protector that I am a big fan of. The Moshi iVisor glass screen. I know its $30, but I had gone through so many other cheap screen protectors over the years. Normally I would not bother, after all its a cell phone, but golf cart and travel really tend to get things scratched up. For years I went with the 3 for $6 kind of covers and they work fine I guess, but installation is a nightmare and they dont last very long for me. This one is perfect. Installs easy with no bubbles at all and fits perfectly. The anti-glare part is nice in the sun too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUAWHBM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Thanks for that info JB. I think a good quality screen protector is essential for a $600 to $700 fragile piece of equipment that you plan on having for at least a couple years. I had one on my first Iphone and don't have one on my 4S and it shows.

And if the rumors are true...And Blackberry Hub is coming to iPhone as a paid app (or free), I will be first in line to have it with in seconds of it going live. Not having Hub is blasphemy...

To accompany this, I added a new screen protector that I am a big fan of. The Moshi iVisor glass screen. I know its $30, but I had gone through so many other cheap screen protectors over the years. Normally I would not bother, after all its a cell phone, but golf cart and travel really tend to get things scratched up. For years I went with the 3 for $6 kind of covers and they work fine I guess, but installation is a nightmare and they dont last very long for me. This one is perfect. Installs easy with no bubbles at all and fits perfectly. The anti-glare part is nice in the sun too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NUAWHBM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

This is the one I have on mine and I love it. I'm able to get them at cost so they're only $9 each. It's all I'll put on my phone from now on

I love my tempered glass screen protector, bought a good quality one off eBay for less than $10. Paid for itself the minute I dropped my phone and it hit the corner of my glass TV stand. Took a chip off the screen protector and saved me from shattering my screen.

while not on an iPhone, I became a believer in those tempered glass protectors. Worth the little bit extra IMO

Another Tempered glass believer, I can't stand the feel of the rubbery protectors on the screen, the glass ones do a great job protecting the screen, but you really can't tell there is a protector on at all.

Tempered glass is definitely the way to go. You can pick them up fairly cheap, won't scratch and will protect your screen in a fall. They are also idiot proof to install as they virtually install themselves.

My only issue with the glass protectors on the 6 Plus is they dont cover the whole screen. It's just a personal thing that annoys me, but I have one because it does prevent a lot of issues.

This is the one I have on mine and I love it. I'm able to get them at cost so they're only $9 each. It's all I'll put on my phone from now on

I've tried just about everything including the Zagg Invisible Shield, and I've liked the Moshi best. I have the 6+ and will caution people considering the Moshi to make sure it works with whatever case you are using/plan to use. The Moshi is very thick and won't work with a ton of cases I've tried. If the case has a large lip that covers the front of the phone it will keep the Moshi from completely attaching to the screen.

I have the cheap rubber Body Glove Satin case in black and while it has a slight raised edge on the front of the phone, it doesn't interfere with the Moshi iVisor.

http://www.bodyglovemobile.com/cell-phone-cases/apple/iphone-6-plus/satin/?scheme_id=392

My only issue with the glass protectors on the 6 Plus is they dont cover the whole screen. It's just a personal thing that annoys me, but I have one because it does prevent a lot of issues.

The iVisor does. They advertise it as edge-to-edge screen protection.

ivisor-ag-for-iphone-6-plus-screen-protector-ivisor-iphone-6-plus-ag-black-3539

ivisor-ag-for-iphone-6-plus-screen-protector-ivisor-iphone-6-plus-ag-black-3645

Mine does. At least it appears to.

Back