Darren37

Reaction score
Handicap
No idea
Anyone going to upgrade? Apple is to announce/unveil the iPhone 6 on September 9th. I still own the iPhone 4 and considering upgrading but still not sure it's going to be worth it. The battery is still good on mine but the home button only sometimes works. The 6 should be available end of September from my guess but not entirely sure dropping a few hundred for this phone will be worth it? What are you guys/gals going to do? buy it? Hold off?:confused2:

iPhone 6

I've still got a year on my contract with the 5 so I'm not changing. A year from now I'll be open to changing if whatever is new has a battery that doesn't suck. A slightly bigger screen would be nice, too

Last edited:
I have the 5 and I have plans to upgrade. Well, only if the screen is alot bigger.

I am on the new number cycle, my wife is on the "s" cycle. I think I'm due in November, so I'll probably get the 6. She'll get the 6s.

If you have a 4, you can probably just get a used 5s online unless you get an upgrade option on your contract that makes it worth it. The 5s was a huge leap over the 4/4s. The differences in the 5 vs. 5s are mostly just a quicker processor, every so slightly smoother. And the camera is far better on my wife's phone. And she can do slow-mo video which is cool for looking at your swing.

I am waiting for the 6 to come out so my coworker will buy it and give me his old S4. The last iPhone I had was the 4 and I am just not overly impressed with the Apple way of life. Lol. For me, Android is just more functional for my use.

I have the 5, had the 3 & 4. Moving away from Apple next update to the Note.

I'm as big of an Apple fan as they come, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I may look at some of the Samsung phones. They're bringing it lately.

My wife has the 4S (already out of contract) and I have the 5 (will be out of contract shortly). We are both waiting to see the details before deciding for certain, but will both probably be upgrading to the 6.

I have the 5 and will more than likely upgrade to 6..i need to start looking into the phone and features/iOS some more and will probably wait about a month after the release to see what others think. I heard there are 2 screen sizes coming but I believe they are still smaller the S4 and S5. Although Apple is supposed to launch a larger iPAD.

I like what Samsung offers but with having an iPAD and iMAC it makes things alot easier having an iPhone, plus it seems like cool golf apps only come out for iPhone/iPad first.

Already upgraded.

To an LG G3.

Having owned an iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S, I dont see any real changes from Apple coming with the iPhone 6. Same UI, same everything. Apple makes great products, but after so long I decided it was time to pick what worked best for me, not what Apple believes was best for me.

I'm as big of an Apple fan as they come, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I may look at some of the Samsung phones. They're bringing it lately.

Agree. The leaked photos are fugly too. I'm not interested in the 5.5 inch version but the 4.7 version has my attention. I am hoping the final product looks better.

I'm not happy about the rumored 1GB ram either but I'm interested to see what is actually true and what was just rumor.

I have upgraded day one the last 3 times online but I think I am going to have to wait until I see them in hand this time. The S5 is just so dang sweet.

I honestly think iOS 8 has me more excited than iPhone 6 at this point.

What is the RAM on the 5 phones?

I have the 5 and will wait until time to renew contract to consider the new one.

I'm an Apple guy, have had an iPhone from the beginning. I'm due for an upgrade but I haven't decided if I'm going to pull the trigger or not. Going to wait and see.

I'm still on a 4s, so I will upgrade.

As for switching, our entire household is Mac + iPhone, so I'm willing to trade off the latest shiny thing Samsung has in order to have to only deal with one device management scheme. My time is too valuable to run around trying to figure out how to fix this on a Samsung and that on an LG, and this other on a Windows phone. I'd probably feel differently if I only had to support my phone, because I can manage dealing with some differences or complexity for myself. But when I have to manage 4 computers and 4 phones, I'm going to take the path that makes my life the easiest.

I'm in line for ab upgrade in October & I'm interested in the larger 5.5 version. I'll get the 64gb and be happy. For how I use my phone iPhone is perfect.

I'll be looking at it. I have the 4s and my wife upgraded to the 5s a few months ago--like her phone but also like the Samsung options out there. Depends on what they do on the 6 will be the deciding factor on what I do.

What is the RAM on the 5 phones?

1GB. In Apple's defense though they need less RAM since they control all aspects of the hardware and software so their optimization is unmatched.

I will be for sure. For ATT users dial *639# and a text message will be sent to you letting you know if you are eligible for an upgrade yet or not.

Looking forward to the new features. #BatteryLife

I am on the new number cycle, my wife is on the "s" cycle. I think I'm due in November, so I'll probably get the 6. She'll get the 6s.

Im in the same boat, my wife always gets the s and I get the regular version. I've been due for a while now and have been waiting to see how it is.

Honestly, I really don't think anything they do will keep me, I'm ready to move on from Apple.

I will be for sure. For ATT users dial *639# and a text message will be sent to you letting you know if you are eligible for an upgrade yet or not.

Looking forward to the new features. #BatteryLife

FWIW take your serial number and there is a link from Apples website & see if you are eligible for a free battery swap. I did and made the world of difference

I'm still on a 4s, so I will upgrade.

As for switching, our entire household is Mac + iPhone, so I'm willing to trade off the latest shiny thing Samsung has in order to have to only deal with one device management scheme. My time is too valuable to run around trying to figure out how to fix this on a Samsung and that on an LG, and this other on a Windows phone. I'd probably feel differently if I only had to support my phone, because I can manage dealing with some differences or complexity for myself. But when I have to manage 4 computers and 4 phones, I'm going to take the path that makes my life the easiest.

My wife once had the 5 and had problems with that so she switched to the Samsung S4. She loves it and it really is a cool phone however she's already on her second battery for it plus I sync a lot of music onto my phone through iTunes and the set up on her windows based phone isn't iTunes compatible so that in itself is a show stopper. All the features on the Samsung are cool but have been turned off on her phone to save battery. The bells n whistles drain that battery so quickly. I'll either stick to my 4 or make the upgrade to the 6. iTunes + MacBook Pro + iPhone just make it a better compatibility when syncing than a PC based phone for me.

Back