I will be shocked if that's what they do. I think that would be the worst outcome and not very Apple-like. A lightning cord headphone has no real functional benefit. For example, if I want to listen to music while I charge or dock my phone, I would need a dual adapter. That's a reduction in functionality. Not to say Apple won't do that, but it just wouldn't make sense unless there is some other "feature" that has not yet been revealed.

not saying this will be the case and I agree it makes charging and using headphones difficult. I was just saying that it's a possibility for them to go that route for anyone who wants connected headphones.

not saying this will be the case and I agree it makes charging and using headphones difficult. I was just saying that it's a possibility for them to go that route for anyone who wants connected headphones.

Digital audio would be the big benefit to using wired headphones with lighting. I don't think that's the way they'll go, but it's possible. They've been shipping headphones with iPhones for a long time, would be an odd change to see a box devoid of headphones.

I will be shocked if that's what they do. I think that would be the worst outcome and not very Apple-like. A lightning cord headphone has no real functional benefit. For example, if I want to listen to music while I charge or dock my phone, I would need a dual adapter. That's a reduction in functionality. Not to say Apple won't do that, but it just wouldn't make sense unless there is some other "feature" that has not yet been revealed.

The headphone jack is whats limiting Apple from making the iPhone slimmer. Eliminating it, even if they have to bundle an adapter, gives Apple the ability to market and sell a slimmer iPhone to boost sales and upgrades.

Also keep in mind last month was the first time ever bluetooth headphone sales exceeded wired headphone sales. Its an inevitability that wireless becomes the norm and Apple is just getting mass adoption there faster.

The headphone jack is whats limiting Apple from making the iPhone slimmer. Eliminating it, even if they have to bundle an adapter, gives Apple the ability to market and sell a slimmer iPhone to boost sales and upgrades.

That theory is plausible, but I don't see it. The thickness is not an issue right now, and I don't see anyone clamoring for a slimmer phone. I think we'll see it go, but I'm not sure how Apple is going to sell it. I am looking forward to finding out why I hate my headphone jack though :alien:

That theory is plausible, but I don't see it. The thickness is not an issue right now, and I don't see anyone clamoring for a slimmer phone. I think we'll see it go, but I'm not sure how Apple is going to sell it. I am looking forward to finding out why I hate my headphone jack though :alien:

Apple is a marketing behemoth. They will convince people that eliminating it is in their best interest.

They were the first to drop disc drives. They did away with swappable batteries in all products. This is not a shocking idea for them.

Is the newest update draining people batteries? It seems this happens right before the release of the next phone. Used be a two year cycle now it's a bit over a year or so it seems. Anyone? Bueller, Bueller

You probably already know this brother, but you can see in your settings what battery usage each app is using under Settings -> Battery. I would look for an app or setting in an app (Facebook has a setting that auto-play's videos that kills batteries) first.

Apple is a marketing behemoth. They will convince people that eliminating it is in their best interest.

They were the first to drop disc drives. They did away with swappable batteries in all products. This is not a shocking idea for them.

I've got no doubt they'll do it, I just don't know how they're going to sell it. I know it will sell, I just don't know what story they're going to use to convince us sheep. BAAAAAA

I hate the idea of the headphone jack being eliminated because they say there will be an adapter for the lighting port instead meaning you can't charge and use wired headphones simultaneously...which is what I do at work.

I hate the idea of the headphone jack being eliminated because they say there will be an adapter for the lighting port instead meaning you can't charge and use wired headphones simultaneously...which is what I do at work.

You just need another adapter.

They won't be alienating any potential customers that already have high dollar headphones if they go with a dongle.

Thanks guys. Here is another part of my dilema, I am under contract with Verizon for another year. I have a little extra money this summer after selling our house and working summer school so I would buy one on Swappa to use.

Just something that I have thought of recently especially since my free time is much less than it used to be. I used to enjoy customizing my Android phone but just don't have the time any more and I really just want a device to be simple and easy to use. I am basically taking pictures, streaming a little and music here and there.
Unless there's something on iP7 that you MUST have, just wait until 7 is released and pick up whichever new iP6 you want at a heavily discounted price.

You probably already know this brother, but you can see in your settings what battery usage each app is using under Settings -> Battery. I would look for an app or setting in an app (Facebook has a setting that auto-play's videos that kills batteries) first.

Forgot about that, I'll tell her! Big brains on you :D

On battery life, I had similar issues with one android device and one iPhone. I ended up going to ifixit (or similar) and buying and replacing the battery. A highly detailed task with very small parts. For those who live near an Apple Store, there are far easier options. All smartphone batteries have a limited number of charge/use cycles. When they hit the end, the battery life tanks. There are other reasons for poor battery life, but this is a common one with phones as they age. Upon replacing the battery, they were rock solid. I currently have AppleCare+ on our phones but don't know if battery would be covered. It may be something to check on.

New phone comes out around the 10th of sept. iPhone 7. Amazing we are on our 7th version.

Btw rumor has it the jack will be removed and replaced with either Bluetooth or using the lighting charger outlet. 3 phones will be released. why even bother with anything but Bluetooth. It's the way now.

As for updates. I usually wait 2/3 weeks before I do an update. Wait for the bugs to get fixed before installing.

New phone comes out around the 10th of sept. iPhone 7. Amazing we are on our 7th version.

Btw rumor has it the jack will be removed and replaced with either Bluetooth or using the lighting charger outlet. 3 phones will be released. why even bother with anything but Bluetooth. It's the way now.

As for updates. I usually wait 2/3 weeks before I do an update. Wait for the bugs to get fixed before installing.

Aren't we on like the 13th version now, though?

If you count the "S" releases I think it's close to that

Yep. I think it's close.

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus

Yep. I think it's close.

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus

The SE too.

So I jumped the Android ship and got a iPhone 6 from Swappa and have to admit this is a pretty sweet device. I was an Android user from the very beginning of the platform and saw it develop into what it is today.

I used to have a lot more time to tinker with my phone and really use all of the customization features with Android. Life takes over and I just wanted a device that would make my easier and this fits the bill.

The ease of sharing photos and videos of the twins is ridiculously simple and being able to FaceTime other family members is a huge plus.

The SE too.

I just got the se a little while ago and really like it. Perfect combination of performance and size. I don't like having a large phone in my pocket so this fits me perfectly.

Back