The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I don't buy the argument that just because someone is a celebrity their off-hours behavior shouldn't affect whether we as spectators continue to support them. we could get crazy hyperbolic hypothetical like what if he joined ISIS in the off season, or became a member of a cult that sacrifices newborn kittens, or starts wearing socks with Crocs. he could do all those deplorable things and still play some phenomenal golf, but your opinion would change. banging a friend/co-worker's s.o. ain't far off that.

innocent until proven guilty, but this one is very plausible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. It reminds me of a post I made early on in this thread. People have different thresholds for what they will consider "okay" still being a fan and for many sleeping with a co-wokers wife still gets a pass. DUI gets a pass. #UglyHookerGate gets a pass. Murdering puppies like Mike Vick did not get a pass. Raping like Kobe Bryant, no pass. Joining ISIS like you said, no pass. (see Rashad Mendenhall or Chris Jackson for how fans reacted against the unPatriotic).

The act and the threshold for the individual is what makes each people individuals, but to pretend that the only thing that matters is what happens on the course is laughable. Just matters where one's moral threshold is for who/what they root for.

Last edited:
The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I think fans can hang around, but he seems to have a larger than normal section that thinks he's going to come "back."

He's finished as a serious contender and that's ok. Everyone has to pass the torch eventually.
If anyone could ever come back it is Tiger. Of course you are free to have your opinion but I personally see him recovering to be competitive again.

I think you'd see him go to the Euro tour before that happens. I don't think either will.
The euro tour is not an easy place at all.

I don't care per se what you guys do. I'm simply proposing the question what will happen to golf when he's gone due to the large number of fans who may be Tiger first or Tiger only fans.

It appears this discussion has struck a nerve with some of his fans. I guess I should have expected it.

I think it's odd to consider fans of Tiger as potentially being Tiger only fans. At this point it's safe to say that those fans who came into golf by being Tiger fans, if they're still into golf, then they've become fans of other players as well. But that doesn't mean they've forgotten Tiger and switched alliance completely. I don't think golf is a sport where you support one single player only.
I'm a huge Tiger fan. I don't think you guys in America fully understand or could ever understand what Tiger has done for golf. Living here in Uganda I grew up during the Tiger boom and it is beautiful to see how he inspired an entire continent of golfers to start the game and break open barriers that existed before. Yes he had his infidelity issues and there's no excuse for that but he is truly an inspiration for what he did for golf. More so than any player before and probably in the future.
Personally Ben Hogan is my favourite player of all time, I never got to watch him obviously but his achievements were amazing with a career split by world war 2 where he lost several prime years of his career.
Nobody can deny the excitement that Tiger brought to golf. He is the most exciting player I've ever watched but golf is in good hands. There are several incredible young players coming through.
Supporting a sport is about so much more than dumping someone when they're down. It would be a great success story if Tiger came back and as a golf fan that's something I want to see.

Edit- after reading all the posts that's pretty bad! Wow. Can't be true surely. After the whole scandal before what idiot would try and get away with it a second time. I think many people forgave the first time but if you haven't learnt your lesson still then you don't deserve my respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes sir. It reminds me of a post I made early on in this thread. People have different thresholds for what they will consider "okay" still being a fan and for many sleeping with a co-wokers wife still gets a pass. DUI gets a pass. #UglyHookerGate gets a pass. Murdering puppies like Mike Vick did, no pass. Raping like Kobe Bryant, no pass. Joining ISIS like you said, no pass. (see Rashad Mendenhall or Chris Jackson for how fans reacted against the unPatriotic).

The act and the threshold for the individual is what makes each people individuals, but to pretend that the only thing that matters is what happens on the course is luaghable. Just matters where one's moral threshold is for who/what they root for.

I really want to look beyond his actions as a fan but this was a little beyond that, I really thought that when he and Lindsey were together that he was finally settling in to being a good dude, his personality had opened up and he was becoming human, he was smiling, talking to the media and such. He was living a lie and was so damn convincing, he had me fooled.

I'll always remember Tiger for the incredible run he had and I'll always respect that part as it was incredible to watch, when he cheated on Lindsey it certainly opened my eyes to the fact that he won't change, he'll always be Tiger the liar. I'm glad Lindsey left and didn't stick around for more, she has some self respect at least.

I'll say this though, his discolored tooth, his downward spiral on the course, and his horrific behavior resemble a drug addict more than a sex addict.

I really want to look beyond his actions as a fan but this was a little beyond that, I really thought that when he and Lindsey were together that he was finally settling in to being a good dude, his personality had opened up and he was becoming human, he was smiling, talking to the media and such. He was living a lie and was so damn convincing, he had me fooled.

I'll always remember Tiger for the incredible run he had and I'll always respect that part as it was incredible to watch, when he cheated on Lindsey it certainly opened my eyes to the fact that he won't change, he'll always be Tiger the liar. I'm glad Lindsey left and didn't stick around for more, she has some self respect at least.

I'll say this though, his discolored tooth, his downward spiral on the course, and his horrific behavior resemble a drug addict more than a sex addict.

And Trout I will add that like the last time, I still think this is spiraling out of control as labeled without the truth being known. I have no idea if he cheated with Duff's wife and wont label him as such until those facts come out. I lean on the side that this did not happen, despite it seeming so plausible due to what he created.

I wonder if his game magically improves and he starts winning everything again, you've got to remember he played his absolutely best golf while being a cheating scumbag. Good point Clint, thanks Clint I thought so too.

Seems pretty simple, if Tiger does not sue the tabloids it's true

I had a nice talk with a good friend of mine and I'm done with TW. He is without a doubt not made like the rest of us. His mind is very much gone because he doesn't deal in reality. Stepping on and over people to satisfy your needs is no way to go. I feel for those he has wronged and pray he finds some peace or this will end badly.

I had a nice talk with a good friend of mine and I'm done with TW. He is without a doubt not made like the rest of us. His mind is very much gone because he doesn't deal in reality. Stepping on and over people to satisfy your needs is no way to go. I feel for those he has wronged and pray he finds some peace or this will end badly.

i am surprised you were surprised by anything related to TW

i am surprised you were surprised by anything related to TW
This incident crosses the line for me. The ego to think you could get away with something like this is incomprehensible. To say to yourself that it'll be ok and I'll get a pass by my peers is not something I can process.
What did Dufdog do to deserve this and why TW would get any support from other tour players will be head scratcher. It's like he wants to self destruct.

This is all I needed to hear. It's sad bc he singlehandedly brought golf to the masses & grew the game during his run. Heck I loved golf before, but he burst onto the scene and my interest in the game infinitely grew. He made golf cool.

It's sad that he is destroying others in his wake & like you Freddie I'm done. Like JB said we all have a threshold & while I don't agree with his past transgressions, he did them to himself and didn't involve another family.... Now these allegations show he has no moral compass and the dog & pony show we've been seeing is just a farce. I feel the worse for his kids bc they are being dragged through all of this.

This incident crosses the line for me. The ego to think you could get away with something like this is incomprehensible. To say to yourself that it'll be ok and I'll get a pass by my peers is not something I can process.
What did Dufdog do to deserve this and why TW would get any support from other tour players will be head scratcher. It's like he wants to self destruct.

This incident crosses the line? The numerous GF's all over the country while married w/ kids did not?

Maybe him & DJ can play together when they are home in Jupiter, because no one else will play with them.

This incident crosses the line? The numerous GF's all over the country while married w/ kids did not?

Maybe him & DJ can play together when they are home in Jupiter, because no one else will play with them.

Good call!!!!

Since he can't win a tournament he must be going for "Most Hated"

I don't profess to be proud of some of choices as it pertained to TW. I kinda gave him a pass on the cheating thing and changing image thing. My loyalty stems from having worked with him and known his family. We also have a good mutual friend so I've always kind of had a differnt perspective. But he is as full of sh!t as ever and his approach to life is not something I want to support. Not gonna bash him, just not given him any energy.

I have no issue with people's choices in supporting him. But I know I won't devote any energy toward him going forward. I'll talk if quoted but that's about it

I'm not certain what's true or not, but the rumor is Dustin Johnson is the one pro banned from our course because he slept with MacKenzie's wife.

Not saying that's gospel, just is what I've heard from multiple people.
The Floridian correct? A buddy of mine told me the same thing, and that DJ was banging plenty of married women at the club.

Tiger never has had any moral bounds, but the only grown man I look up to is my Dad, so I could care less that this guy is banging around. In the end you reap what you sow, so Tiger will have his day. I just want to watch him play and win some damn golf tournaments.

I've had thoughts similar to that about Tiger and it's sad when they are confirmed, tough to root for him for sure.

The Floridian correct? A buddy of mine told me the same thing, and that DJ was banging plenty of married women at the club.

Dye Preserve (MacKenzie is one of our pro members).

I have heard rumors about Floridian as well as it relates to DJ. Again, I have no idea whether they are true or not, just repeating what I have heard.

Paulina seems like the kind of chick that would play with both of them...

From reading some of the tweets, it seems that Tiger has finally been able to bring his game from the range to the course during competition.

This is all I needed to hear. It's sad bc he singlehandedly brought golf to the masses & grew the game during his run. Heck I loved golf before, but he burst onto the scene and my interest in the game infinitely grew. He made golf cool.

It's sad that he is destroying others in his wake & like you Freddie I'm done. Like JB said we all have a threshold & while I don't agree with his past transgressions, he did them to himself and didn't involve another family.... Now these allegations show he has no moral compass and the dog & pony show we've been seeing is just a farce. I feel the worse for his kids bc they are being dragged through all of this.

I guess I disagree a little with you because my line was when he cheated on Elin and put his kids through it the first time. Personally, I see that as involving another family (Elin and the people that vouched for Tiger to her and the kids).

What I don't get is why? Nothing required him to get married in the first place. He could've remained single, avoided sleeping with co-worker's wives (and ex-wives), and nobody would have cared.

Instead, he cheats on his wife repeatedly, and then sleeps with his co-worker's ex-wife. Amanda Dufner/Boyd is definitely hot, but she's not that hot, and he's Tiger and could probably pick up just about any woman he wanted. So, what the heck?

Yeah, shortened the hole up just a little....

I guess I disagree a little with you because my line was when he cheated on Elin and put his kids through it the first time. Personally, I see that as involving another family (Elin and the people that vouched for Tiger to her and the kids).

What I don't get is why? Nothing required him to get married in the first place. He could've remained single, avoided sleeping with co-worker's wives (and ex-wives), and nobody would have cared.

Instead, he cheats on his wife repeatedly, and then sleeps with his co-worker's ex-wife. Amanda Dufner/Boyd is definitely hot, but she's not that hot, and he's Tiger and could probably pick up just about any woman he wanted. So, what the heck?

Have you ever wanted a cheeseburger? You know, beef patty in a bun? Throw some veggies and maybe some ketchup on it? Do you always go for the gourmet patty with the finest beef and artisan bread bun? Even though you could get fancy, you sometimes settle for the Whopper. You just know you want a cheeseburger, and depending on the moment, any cheeseburger will do.

The main thing I have a problem with in this thread is calling Duffer a "co-worker" of Tiger. They aren't co-workers, they are competitors. I know everyone will want to go back to well, the both work "for" the PGA or that they were Ryder\President's Cup teammmates (which are decent arguments), but to say they are pulling on the same rope to reach the same team goals on a day-to-day basis like co-workers are is an extreme stretch.

TW 3 under through 7 in his first round today. Actually driving the ball well.

Back