Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435936912.545568.jpg5 and 4 winners at Dubsdread. Adam is in the background displeased with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A load of BS is what it was.

Fourball match myself and my brother in law, vs. Adamw238 and Faxman23. Thanks to Adam for supplying the hardware.

Let's just say my one on one bunker lesson with legend Roger Cleveland this past December, paid off.

Let's just say my one on one bunker lesson with legend Roger Cleveland this past December, paid off.

It's been paying off for me in spades!
Congrats on the win Buddy!

The bigger question is that its July, why are you guys golfing in pants?
Chicago still thinks it's April

It was 58 degrees when we teed at 5:30! Ha. Not to mention, great mosquito defense...they are brutal this year. The course is in crazy good shape! Everyone who gets into The Gauntlet is going to be blown away by the playing conditions. Well at least those who can't compare it to The Hideaway.

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Josh, it was 48 in June the other morning.... I'm sure it was weather appropriate

Last edited:
Few pics from this morning's round... Drp3434 and Rambler

d5477cf6fca92d872a5bf7840e7a93bb.jpg
883e2b5bf981674bf84df5b6c708431d.jpg

I had to fire my caddie. Even if payment was just another Kidz Bop CD, her attention to detail was not up to snuff. :clown:

Chicago, IL THP'ers!!! This Texas boy needs some help. Will be headed to the ND/Texas game in Sept and want to maybe stay in the area the Cubs play in. I'm totally unfamiliar with the area so wondering if anyone could recommend something in the area, maybe walking distance to the stadium and the surrounding restaurants and bars?

I have stayed at both The Inn at Wrigley Field and Sheffield house. Sheffield House was awful. The Inn was slightly better. Last time I did this, I skipped sleeping in Wrigleyville and stayed on the Mile or Loop and had quick transport over via Uber. Best of both worlds.

I have stayed at both The Inn at Wrigley Field and Sheffield house. Sheffield House was awful. The Inn was slightly better. Last time I did this, I skipped sleeping in Wrigleyville and stayed on the Mile or Loop and had quick transport over via Uber. Best of both worlds.

So look for something in that Mile or Loop area?

To me, yes. I would wait for the locals to chime in, but I have done the trip you are doing and never want to stay down by the stadium again. Too many rough "hotels" plus I enjoy the dining and shopping of the Loop and Mile. I have stayed at almost every single hotel in that area now and depending on budget there are always options.

To give you an example, the Drake Hotel (Hilton Program) is about 15 minutes to Wrigley. With ball game traffic it was 20 for us. We walked everywhere else all week. That is just one example.

Downtown hotels are nicer. No doubt about that.... Wrigleyville, while a great place to hang out and eat/drink/party, doesn't have anywhere near the accommodations/amenities/restaurants you'll find closer to downtown (loop/mile) area.

JB is spot on, if you are going to stay in the city Wrigleyville just doesn't present many options. Mag mile, river north, loop all much nicer hotels close to shopping and food. Once you have a general idea of what you are willing to spend I can give you recommendation if you are choosing between a few places. Let me know what kind of food you are interested in and I will give you some recommendations for that too. I worked in Chi hotels and restaurants and am still some what in tune with the food scene. I can give you some local spots that most miss for sure.

The Drake is nice. There's really so many boutique and larger name hotels in the area. It's hard to pick just one. The reviews online will give you everything you need to know. Look in the section of the hotel websites that tell you what's near. I'd look at anything north of the river and lower wacker drive. Google Near North Side Chicago hotels and then look at the map. There's a LOT to choose from depending on price range...

The Drake is nice. There's really so many boutique and larger name hotels in the area. It's hard to pick just one. The reviews online will give you everything you need to know. Look in the section of the hotel websites that tell you what's near. I'd look at anything north of the river and lower wacker drive. Google Near North Side Chicago hotels and then look at the map. There's a LOT to choose from depending on price range...

Im a Hyatt person so prefer their properties, but have stayed at all of the Hiltons down there quite a bit. The Drake has some history and a good location, but the rooms are so old. Your location you are saying to google is spot on. Perfect spot.

Im a Hyatt person so prefer their properties, but have stayed at all of the Hiltons down there quite a bit. The Drake has some history and a good location, but the rooms are so old. Your location you are saying to google is spot on. Perfect spot.
Love the architecture and history of the old hotels...

Ewwww! Who would want to watch the Cubs play? Nate, come to my house and we can play wiffle ball in my yard. It's pretty much the same as going to a Cubs game, except the beer is cheaper. :act-up:

Back