Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

First, I wanted to personally congratulate all of your for the work you have been doing since being selected to be in The Legacy. As a former Morgan Cup participant, I know how much work and how much time goes into preparing for the event. It’s not easy and while there is a lot to be thankful for, I know all of it comes with some level of personal sacrifice.

Second, nothing you have done will prepare you for the emotionally exhausting journey you are about to undertake. You are in for a few days that will drain you physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally. You will have highs like you would not imagine. You will have some lows as well. Not that that is bad, but be prepared to figure out where you can grab just a few more bits of energy when need be.

Third, you are going to feel a level of pressure you have not had before playing as an amateur. Match Play golf is a different animal. I know you have likely practiced the format to prepare, but when that Saturday AM round comes, you are going to be overwhelmed with feelings you are not used to. Stepping onto that first tee box, knowing that now every shot I take will mean something; it adds a layer you were not expecting. When this happens, find something in yourself to accept and embrace those feelings. Every shot does count, but you are not playing 18 holes, you are playing that hole. Don’t let a single bad shot take you into a darker place. Challenge yourself to recover and know you have a chance to turn it around on every single shot. If you embrace this idea, you will find yourself more enthusiastic and exciting about how you can take a negative and turn it into a positive.

Fourth, don’t sleep on every chance you have to make personal friendships. If this is your first THP event, don’t hide in the corner or wait to initiate discussions. I made that mistake at my first event and since then I have made it a point to meet new people. Find common interests outside golf. Exchange phone numbers. You will find once you leave the event you have made lifelong friends that you can count on to be there to chat and have fun with.

Lastly, you are going to become an even larger presence on THP. Embrace this and become an advocate for the community. The more people we bring into our family, the bigger the events and the more exciting the entire game becomes.

You guys are lucky and are going to do great. Soak it all in and when all is said and done your entire view of golf will change.

With how you are off the tee, I figured that was part of your normal routine
Since it only goes 200 Ive gotta be real quick to get that tee before the ball lands so normally I dont try it lol

I don't mean that as trash talk at all. I think we will all have a blast together, and all matches should be pretty good.
Stop trash talking your trash talk. Haha can't wait for this even. Gonna be epic. Can't wait to hang with some guys I already know and others I haven't met and make some memories that will last forever. Every morning when I get dressed I walk into a room with my MC staff bag, and pictures all over the wall of the MC. I think about it all the time and I will always have those memories. Can't wait to add more with 17 other awesome guys.

Win or lose, I'm going to have a ton of fun. But bank on this, I'm coming to win.
My life won't be shattered if we lose. I won't go home and kick my dog or burn my golf clubs, but I do want to win. It's just my competitive nature. I wouldn't be true to who I am if I didn't feel this way.
I really hope that I'm able to bring my A game, so if I lose a match, I'll know it's because someone else brought their A game too.
So bring on the fun, bring on the competition ... & let the games begin.

There is a certain guy down in Florida that sort of resembles a Hobbit. Better watch your bag when you get back home!

But I digress...
:laughing:

First, I wanted to personally congratulate all of your for the work you have been doing since being selected to be in The Legacy. As a former Morgan Cup participant, I know how much work and how much time goes into preparing for the event. It’s not easy and while there is a lot to be thankful for, I know all of it comes with some level of personal sacrifice.

Second, nothing you have done will prepare you for the emotionally exhausting journey you are about to undertake. You are in for a few days that will drain you physically, mentally, and most of all emotionally. You will have highs like you would not imagine. You will have some lows as well. Not that that is bad, but be prepared to figure out where you can grab just a few more bits of energy when need be.

Third, you are going to feel a level of pressure you have not had before playing as an amateur. Match Play golf is a different animal. I know you have likely practiced the format to prepare, but when that Saturday AM round comes, you are going to be overwhelmed with feelings you are not used to. Stepping onto that first tee box, knowing that now every shot I take will mean something; it adds a layer you were not expecting. When this happens, find something in yourself to accept and embrace those feelings. Every shot does count, but you are not playing 18 holes, you are playing that hole. Don’t let a single bad shot take you into a darker place. Challenge yourself to recover and know you have a chance to turn it around on every single shot. If you embrace this idea, you will find yourself more enthusiastic and exciting about how you can take a negative and turn it into a positive.

Fourth, don’t sleep on every chance you have to make personal friendships. If this is your first THP event, don’t hide in the corner or wait to initiate discussions. I made that mistake at my first event and since then I have made it a point to meet new people. Find common interests outside golf. Exchange phone numbers. You will find once you leave the event you have made lifelong friends that you can count on to be there to chat and have fun with.

Lastly, you are going to become an even larger presence on THP. Embrace this and become an advocate for the community. The more people we bring into our family, the bigger the events and the more exciting the entire game becomes.

You guys are lucky and are going to do great. Soak it all in and when all is said and done your entire view of golf will change.

Hell of a post

Fupresti said it so well!
Thank you all for your hard work, it's almost time to show off all the work you've done.

You all are going to put on one hell of a show!
Thank you!

I don't mean that as trash talk at all. I think we will all have a blast together, and all matches should be pretty good.
I just meant that I love your attitude! I feel the same way, I can't wait to get out there and battle.

So with the event 2 weeks out are you still working out? If so are you doing the same workouts or taking it easy? I am still working out as normal but less grip strength and pushing exercises, more cardio and flexibility. Think I will tone it down a little more next week just to avoid any soreness come the week of.

So with the event 2 weeks out are you still working out? If so are you doing the same workouts or taking it easy? I am still working out as normal but less grip strength and pushing exercises, more cardio and flexibility. Think I will tone it down a little more next week just to avoid any soreness come the week of.

pulling back on the gym...lots of golf. Range or course every day up until the 19th, then a couple days off until Myrtle.

Christmas morning...2 weeks away!

Christmas morning...2 weeks away!
Heck yeah! Every day I think about taking that set of D200s to the range, figuring out distances, then getting them out on the course.

Short game practice today. 2 more weeks!

Having a solid short game takes the pressure off everything else. I love seeing everyone make the final push.

Having a solid short game takes the pressure off everything else. I love seeing everyone make the final push.
Mine has improved a lot this year getting many more chips close/ even draining a good amount. I find myself grabbing wedge more and more when in the past I may have putted a long one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mine has improved a lot this year getting many more chips close/ even draining a good amount. I find myself grabbing wedge more and more when in the past I may have putted a long one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Having that confidence is such a great feeling when you are walking up to the green and need to get up and down.

Short game practice for me today too, then rounds this weekend.

Chipping and putting are a daily thing for me at this point, just trying to maintain a good feel.

I'm really excited to see how the event shakes out. I've played with Army before and feel like I have an appreciation for where his game is based on all of his practice and other reports. I recently played a round with Orange Hog and came away impressed with the state of his game. Similar story for LightningBolt...seemed like every time I saw him swing the club he was putting a nice move on the ball. If the other team members are coming along similarly this is going to be a great battle.

Back