So you just emailed them and said "Hey, love you stuff, been using the old one, how about a hook up?"

I've had the old Golfshot app for 3-4 years now. Wouldn't mind the upgrade if the new one really is better, but if they'll give me a year or two free, bring it on.

Yeah pretty much haha. Actually I said listen there's this guy on THP called Thedue who has it, so I want it!! Hahahaha kidding kidding. Just say you're a loyal customer and would love to try it long term

Oh, and if you just close your phone between shots it will barely move your battery down 15% in 18 holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep this. I just shut off my screen in between shots and don't have any issues. There's also a battery saver option like OG mentioned

Golfshot App

Started using this app today after using golf logix free app for the last dozen rounds. I like that this one has actual 3d imagery but I really only use it for stat tracking. Not liking the distance tacker on golf logix, I thought I'd give it a try in golfshot. I'm not sure which one is better. According to golfshot I hit 198 yard 8i into a green today. I WISH! My laser
Range Finder said 140 to the pin and my 8i is my 135-44
Club. I'd be in tour with 198 yd 8.

Also felt some drives were
Off. Getting inside a few 150 stakes on some 450+ holds and feeling good only to find the app showing 183 yds.

Clearly it's not accurate!
Anyone else have this problem?

And fwiw, the battery in my phone was at 75% when I was finished. With golf logix I had to use my mophie batter case after like 10-12 holes because it was down to 20%

Last edited:
I'm guessing those numbers were before the phone acquired satellites and updated. Especially with that much battery remaining. I shut my phone off between shots so my battery life is about same. Only thing is it takes a few seconds for accurate numbers when powering back on.

I'm guessing those numbers were before the phone acquired satellites and updated. Especially with that much battery remaining. I shut my phone off between shots so my battery life is about same. Only thing is it takes a few seconds for accurate numbers when powering back on.
Yep this. You gotta give it a few seconds or if you have the pro membership you can go to options and select the fastest yardage updates but it eats battery faster. Ive found golf shot to be pretty accurate. Not spot on but darn close

Ah, that's gotta be it! I checked and background GPS was at 5 minutes - I set it to 1 minute. Hopefully will be better next time. I only tracked a handful of shot today to get a feel for it. Simple and easier to use than golf logix.

Golfshot App

Ah, that's gotta be it! I checked and background GPS was at 5 minutes - I set it to 1 minute. Hopefully will be better next time. I only tracked a handful of shot today to get a feel for it. Simple and easier to use than golf logix.

Setting it from 5 to 1 might make it worse...

You just have to make sure it has caught up to your new location. You can tell by just checking nearby yardages you know - stakes, ground markers, etc. If the phone says 176 and you are standing next to the 150 stake, you need to give it a minute to catch up. Once synced i find it within 1-3 yards of lasers.

Setting it from 5 to 1 might make it worse...

You just have to make sure it has caught up to your new location. You can tell by just checking nearby yardages you know - stakes, ground markers, etc. If the phone says 176 and you are standing next to the 150 stake, you need to give it a minute to catch up. Once synced i find it within 1-3 yards of lasers.

Wouldn't setting it to 1 make it refresh every minute? Or would that cause it to ping location too often creating more of a delay?

I had been standing at my ball a good 3-4
Minutes waiting for the group to clear a green. I forgot hit track at the tee box but was able to manually check the distance
Back to the tee which seemed to be accurate. On the subsequent approach shot I read 135 to the pin, hit my ball pin high off the left edge. Tapped the track button, drove up and parked at the green 5 ft away from the ball and the app telling me it was 198 yd shot. All the time the app was not closed. I kept it open most of the day.

This happened 2-3 times throughout the day.

Wouldn't setting it to 1 make it refresh every minute? Or would that cause it to ping location too often creating more of a delay?

I had been standing at my ball a good 3-4
Minutes waiting for the group to clear a green. I forgot hit track at the tee box but was able to manually check the distance
Back to the tee which seemed to be accurate. On the subsequent approach shot I read 135 to the pin, hit my ball pin high off the left edge. Tapped the track button, drove up and parked at the green 5 ft away from the ball and the app telling me it was 198 yd shot. All the time the app was not closed. I kept it open most of the day.

This happened 2-3 times throughout the day.

I've only ever tracked two shots in the two years I've been using it so I can't comment on that feature. No idea what my timer is set to for GPS. I see what I need to see, shut it off, hit, power it up on way to shot, wait for solid green light, get my number, shut it off, hit, and repeat. There are occasions I know it's wrong even when I have a solid green but another 10-15 seconds and it gets it right.

I've only ever tracked two shots in the two years I've been using it so I can't comment on that feature. No idea what my timer is set to for GPS. I see what I need to see, shut it off, hit, power it up on way to shot, wait for solid green light, get my number, shut it off, hit, and repeat. There are occasions I know it's wrong even when I have a solid green but another 10-15 seconds and it gets it right.

I don't really use the apps for distance as I have a laser range finder which gets the job done in most cases. I used the app once
Or twice twice today when I had blind shots
That I was unfamiliar with as it's been 3 yrs since I played here. I use the apps for stat tracking more than anything else and since it was slow today I had time to fiddle with it so I decided to track distance on drives
And a handful of iron shots. I don't know that I would track distance every round but when I'm waiting for groups to clear greens it gives me something to do.

My understanding of the background gps setting is for how long the gps stays on when the phone/app is inactive. If so then setting it to 1 minute would make it have to reset itself that much sooner between shots vs staying on for at least five minutes between shots. I'm sure it's on their website FAQ or something.

Makes sense! Thanks

Has anyone updated to the new UI of golf shot? I paid the $30 price tag a few years ago and tried the new UI, but they are forcing it upon us at this point. What are people's thoughts? My biggest problem with the new UI is that it doesn't seem to follow me around when I'm errant, have to try and use that caddy setting to get that line in the right place.

I am not a fan of the new GUI....but I guess we are stuck with it now. I liked the fact with the old format I could set layup targets for certain clubs and it displayed them....cant do that with the new version.

I am not a fan of the new GUI....but I guess we are stuck with it now. I liked the fact with the old format I could set layup targets for certain clubs and it displayed them....cant do that with the new version.

That's not good to hear. I have not updated mine so I guess I get to find out next time I play.

I did notice you can download the other app and select Golfshot Plus when it asks about membership options. I plan to give it a shot tomorrow on the course. That way you don't have to update the app until you are sure you like the new format. Although now I have that pesky 1 on my app store notifications, lol.

How does the golfshot app work with the new apple watch? any experience out here?

I don't see an option to upgrade to a new gui.

9f9777cd14d5001451a21e6044e8a54a.jpg
4b26e0709bc32b9bb182c5fff54eb22b.jpg

The first is the original $30 app, the second photo is the new ui

I was a big fan of the original Golf Shot and actually was given a lifetime subscription to the Pro version, but find I'm using the original most often. Still a great product, I just see the original as less cluttered.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I've tried the new version a couple times but it doesn't seem to just give me the yardage from where I am. I always have to interact with it, maybe it's the new caddy setting.

I'm enjoying golfshot. There are still a couple of features I should use more of, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

9f9777cd14d5001451a21e6044e8a54a.jpg
4b26e0709bc32b9bb182c5fff54eb22b.jpg

The first is the original $30 app, the second photo is the new ui

Ok then I do have the new one.

So what's the new plus version in the apple
Store all about? It has the same description As the standard version and looks the same.

Ok then I do have the new one.

So what's the new plus version in the apple
Store all about? It has the same description As the standard version and looks the same.

No different between the two. They updated both versions to be the same. I can access golf shot plus on either app.

I have had golfshot for a long time now and love it, but this update has me confused. I can not figure out how to get the yardage to the hole to work now. It only shows from the box to the green and does not change as I move down the fairway automatically like before. Any help out there on this?

Back