PING i Irons: THP Review Thread

Can you compare the rolled top line to any other irons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, its usually just a clever little trick to make the topline appear thinner compared to one that is more boxy/squared-off by rolling those hard edges. Several companies do it, more should in fact IMO.

Yes - very JPX series.

Def similar IMO, just italicized. I know it doesn't matter, but its just something I noticed, its a departure for PING.

DSC_0022-XL.jpg

DSC_0215-XL.jpg

PING iE1 Irons: THP Preview Thread

PING iE1 Irons: THP Preview Thread

I currently play the first gen Raptures and was planning to get the i25s until I heard about these. I'm reading lots of people comparing the i20s to the new iE1 but can anyone that plays the i25s give some feedback? Sorry if I missed it in another post. Thanks

Def similar IMO, just italicized. I know it doesn't matter, but its just something I noticed, its a departure for PING.

DSC_0022-XL.jpg

DSC_0215-XL.jpg

That Ping finish is incredible

Those irons look great. And Ping always performs well

I currently play the first gen Raptures and was planning to get the i25s until I heard about these. I'm reading lots of people comparing the i20s to the new iE1 but can anyone that plays the i25s give some feedback? Sorry if I missed it in another post. Thanks

I've mentioned it in here in my initial thoughts a few posts back, I reviewed the 20s and the 25s so the the feedback will be plentiful. These only just came in yesterday so it'll take time to draw hard comparisons to them. What in particular are you wanting to know?

I've mentioned it in here in my initial thoughts a few posts back, I reviewed the 20s and the 25s so the the feedback will be plentiful. These only just came in yesterday so it'll take time to draw hard comparisons to them. What in particular are you wanting to know?

I looked back, and if you mentioned it already, I failed to see it. Are you testing these with the CFS shafts in them?

Its in the OP, there's a pic of the shaft band in that one too.

Yep, CFS distance.

Its in the OP, there's a pic of the shaft band in that one too.

Yep, CFS distance.

Thanks. I got caught up looking at the heads and it didn't even register.

Sounds like your first outing with the E1s went well, looking forward to your additional thoughts.

145 with your UW? *ing long knocker. :bulgy-eyes:

Sounds like your first outing with the E1s went well, looking forward to your additional thoughts.

145 with your UW? *ing long knocker. :bulgy-eyes:

I have my moments. :alien:

Hoping to get some range time tomorrow, and take a look at some numbers...

I have my moments. :alien:

Hoping to get some range time tomorrow, and take a look at some numbers...
Yes, you do.
It will be interesting seeing how the numbers compare to the earlier Pings you've reviewed.

f63e6ecbf3d9a86c35713a4307cbd30b.jpg

Forgot I took this yesterday, they're actually pretty photogenic.

Great pics in the initial post and thought they looked all right...but this pic...they look really really good!

Got to hit the 7i green dot w/cfs in x today after my lesson.

Visually I believe these are the best looking Ping i-series they have released. The top line looks great, the thinner sole looks good as well. I put these side by side to the xr pro and these are thinner. They frame the ball well and the finish is very pleasant to look at.

Performance wise these still require a solid swing to make them do what you want. I missed a few on the toe and only lost the ball mildly to the right by 3yds or so and a couple yards short which to me is completely acceptable. I had no problem making the ball move either way. Changing heights on shots was easy and very controllable. My big miss is a thinned shot and these didn't feel overly harsh there even with a low trajectory I still carried the ball to with in 5yds or so of my target.

Feel/sound is something that is very individual. To me these rival any forged club in softness and sound. They are definitely pleasant sounding and give plenty of feed back on misses.

After my playing around with the 7i I told my instructor these maybe the next set for me after a full fitting.

I need these. I'm saving up as we speak. Should've never gotten rid of my i20's. When I get these, I won't make that mistake again!

You hit them yet colt?

You hit them yet colt?

No. But if they're an evolution of the i20 and i25 (which I've hit both) then I can say, without a doubt, that I'm not going to like anything else any better. But if I end up not liking them when I go to get fit, then I'll just go with the i25's.

I need these. I'm saving up as we speak. Should've never gotten rid of my i20's. When I get these, I won't make that mistake again!

I had to double check to be sure I didn't post this…so my sentiments exactly.

played around with the 7i today and modus 105 shaft, and while I loved the look, I'm just not at the level yet where these irons make sense. They did remind me quite a bit of the DPF's.

played around with the 7i today and modus 105 shaft, and while I loved the look, I'm just not at the level yet where these irons make sense. They did remind me quite a bit of the DPF's.

Where did you hit them?? I really really want to hit these things.

So, I spent 2 hours on the range today hitting these against 4 other current iron sets, and proceeded to not have the means to save the data after all that work.

As such, I have thoughts still that I will get up tonight, but I'm still a little hot under the collar about my lack of preparedness and double checking things so I'm going to hold off until I put Lotte to bed here in about an hour.

If you have ANY q's you want me to address, post up, I love the conversation and its great for everyone.

While I digest my thoughts though, I shall leave you with these...

Ignore the dirt. Dirt is good.

DSC_0044-XL.jpg

VPC/iE1
DSC_0046-XL.jpg

DSC_0050-XL.jpg

W/S V4/iE1
DSC_0047-XL.jpg

DSC_0051-XL.jpg

Hogan/iE1

DSC_0048-XL.jpg

DSC_0049-XL.jpg

XRP/iE1
DSC_0045-XL.jpg

DSC_0053-XL.jpg

Digging the comparison in those last two pics. Thanks James.

Back