Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm on a roll today. Just left the barber shop here in town. It's w nice place where you can get hot towel shaves and such by the women working there. We got on the topic of shampoo and conditioners. She suggested something for me to use and it got me thinking. Do any of you guys use the woodys, johnny b, or other high end stuff or is the the basic old 2 in 1 from walmart

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not shampoo, but soap and shaving cream I use non-mainstream higher end stuff.

I don't know if what I use is high end but my bottles of shampoo and conditioner run in the $10-$15 range. Body wash is just the run of the mill Old Spice.

Axe across the board for me. It's what the wife buys so I use it.

Not shampoo, but soap and shaving cream I use non-mainstream higher end stuff.
What's the shaving cream

I don't know if what I use is high end but my bottles of shampoo and conditioner run in the $10-$15 range. Body wash is just the run of the mill Old Spice.
That's what I'm meaning

What's the shaving cream

I use all kinds of stuff.
Art of Shaving
Billy Jealousy
Jack Black
Trumper
and a few others.

I use all kinds of stuff.
Art of Shaving
Billy Jealousy
Jack Black
Trumper
and a few others.
Alright cause I struggle shaving badly.

I use suave for shampoo and what ever body wash i find randomly. I am very simple. And at 27 years old still couldn't grow a beard to save my life so not really worried about the shave department.

I tend to use Dove for Men Soap, Something fancy for shampoo (neighbor is a stylist and she gets it for me) and then rotate through various creams for shaving. As JB pointed out Trumper is good stuff.

Iv'e been shaving my head for over 25 years so I don't use shampoo. I use Irish Spring Aloe bar soap for washing and shaving my head and face.
I shave my face and head in the shower every night before bed.

Gillette Mach III razor and a bar of soap. No mirror needed for this guy.

I am extremely low maintenance. lol

I haven't shaved in a long time. My beard is in full effect. With that said I use two different types of products. One for scalp hair and one for facial hair. For normal hair shampoo I use whatever the wife is using. I'm much more demanding on facial hair products. I make sure to use all natural products as to not dry out the beard. Here is a pic

84a844c351f0b58976ebc14e0ae81b37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use old Spice bodywash and suave for men shampoo. If my hair was longer I would consider something more expensive. I do use more expensive shaving creams and am wanting to start using a beard conditioner/control product

I have some art of shaving cream, oil and after shave which I swear by. In the summer I like to use tea tree shampoo, it's got a refreshing smell and tingles.

I have some art of shaving cream, oil and after shave which I swear by. In the summer I like to use tea tree shampoo, it's got a refreshing smell and tingles.
Tingly stuff is my favorite.

I use a combo shampoo/body wash. You've seen my head, I don't need to spend more than $2 or $3 on that stuff. Right now I have Axe in the shower, but I usually mix it up all the time.

As for shaving cream, I usually alternate between Nivea and Dove for Men. I bought a fancy high priced shaving cream once or twice a few years ago and didn't see any difference.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner ($20 a piece), dove men's body wash & Art of Shaving & Cool Fix lotion

I use suave for shampoo and what ever body wash i find randomly. I am very simple. And at 27 years old still couldn't grow a beard to save my life so not really worried about the shave department.

I can't grow one at 35 either so you're not alone. I use an electric so that I can be lazier in the mornings. :smile:

I have numerous choices for shampoo since I work for L'Oreal. :banana:

I use Nivea face wash and COL Conk shave soap & a badger hair brush for my shaving lather. Taking care of my face matters a lot more than my hair. I shave every day, whether I like it or not, so not using higher end products ends up having some notable consequences on my face. Funny enough, nothing's worked better than Old Spice as an aftershave.

I used to invest a lot in my shampoo, but the fact is, I get a haircut every 2 weeks, which means that no hair on my head gets more than a couple months worth of growth before it's off my head and on the floor. Using the cheap stuff doesn't do anything to really change how well it survives.

Body wash doesn't really matter here. With how hard the water is, nearly all attempts to moisturize are in vain. I get a Neutrogena lotion for after the shower if I start getting dry skin.

I swear by the Shave butter from Dollar Shave Club.....I love the stuff.

I use American Crew Shampoo, dove for men body wash, for styling American Crew Forming Cream. Shaving wise I use a stainless Dr Harris safety Razor and Vanderhagen Boars hair brush and soap...

I've been using the Irish Spring Signature 3-in-1 shampoo, face and body wash for the last few weeks and enjoy it, but my go to is the cheaper Suave 3-in-1. My wife got me a shaving kit from Harry's for Christmas and I love it! It's been really good considering I have pretty sensitive skin and hate paying a lot for blades.

Wound up buying Woodys Daily Shampoo and Conditioner. Will give it a week and let you guys know what I think.

Back