2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
great job Barry.

I said to Michelle this week I need to get back into regular exercise. And 5 days of Kansas City and my sister's home cooking didn't help.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Well, feeling that good kind of sore today.

Worked out twice this week but need to up that to 3 times a week.

With my wife working 12 hr night shifts and having a 7 yr old and 1 yr old it's tough to find the time but I GOTTA do it!

Stitches came out yesterday and I've been getting a little lazy on my gym time, so next week I am getting back in there with a vengeance.

Stitches came out yesterday and I've been getting a little lazy on my gym time, so next week I am getting back in there with a vengeance.
Take care of you first.

Seriously debating buying a rowing machine. Good price for a proform 550 on Groupon.

I've enjoyed my rowing experiences and have always heard it's one of the best exercises there is.

Seriously debating buying a rowing machine. Good price for a proform 550 on Groupon.

I've enjoyed my rowing experiences and have always heard it's one of the best exercises there is.
Honestly man i was just talking about this with a friend. I love rows and thought a rowing machine would be a great buy for the home. Sure can work a bunch of areas at once.

Honestly man i was just talking about this with a friend. I love rows and thought a rowing machine would be a great buy for the home. Sure can work a bunch of areas at once.

Here's the machine I'm looking at. Slightly better price than Costco and waaaaay better than price on Amazon.

Here's the machine I'm looking at. Slightly better price than Costco and waaaaay better than price on Amazon.
Dude damn that's way cheaper than i thought. I hadn't looked any up but was fearing something like $1500 or so. I'll have to read some reviews but thats a wicked price! 80 people bought it so id imagine it's a solid machine.

They are one of the best pieces of conditioning equipment there is really. They are spectacular.

Knocked out DDP Yoga and then did some split squats and t-spine twists before my late afternoon round yesterday. Really trying to get into a routine on days that I'm playing. Don't have access to my wellness center at my old job, so hoping to find a new gym here soon.

They are one of the best pieces of conditioning equipment there is really. They are spectacular.

I might actually go for this one. Just need to get some sort of TV setup in the basement hahahaha

I might actually go for this one. Just need to get some sort of TV setup in the basement hahahaha

Do it. It's more beneficial and effective than any treadmill is going to be!

Did my first day of heavy squats in nearly two months. 4 sets of 5-6 reps. Started fairly low at 275, 285, and 295 on the last two sets. Glad I started there because that was as much as I could've done. Weakened up a bit, but I'll be back in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did my first day of heavy squats in nearly two months. 4 sets of 5-6 reps. Started fairly low at 275, 285, and 295 on the last two sets. Glad I started there because that was as much as I could've done. Weakened up a bit, but I'll be back in short order.

Not bad numbers for being out 8 weeks.

Do it. It's more beneficial and effective than any treadmill is going to be!

Hell yeah. Especially if you're limited on time - there are few ways to get a better, more even workout in 15 or 20 minutes than rowing.

Not bad numbers for being out 8 weeks.

Thanks. I believe I minimized the losses with the low weight/high rep training instead of just quitting altogether while I healed up. I think the losses might have even had a little to do with my body just being shocked by the loading pressure, because those weights felt HEAVY even when just coming off the rack with them.

And it's done. Rower heading my way. Hoping to commit myself to some better fitness levels this year with some extra machines at my disposal.

Edit: If anyone goes for that Groupon deal, HOT3 gets you 10% off and basically pays your taxes + a bit.

Thanks. I believe I minimized the losses with the low weight/high rep training instead of just quitting altogether while I healed up. I think the losses might have even had a little to do with my body just being shocked by the loading pressure, because those weights felt HEAVY even when just coming off the rack with them.

I'm glad we had that conversation regarding rehab protocol

And it's done. Rower heading my way. Hoping to commit myself to some better fitness levels this year with some extra machines at my disposal.

Edit: If anyone goes for that Groupon deal, HOT3 gets you 10% off and basically pays your taxes + a bit.
Awesome dude! Definitely keep us posted as im very interested in hearing about that machine for real.

An awesome machine that I highly recommend for anybody that does heavy lifting is an inversion table. It's uncomfortable while you're on it, but it works wonders for skeletal back pain.

I'm finally back in the gym. Felt good to be in there working hard again. Hopefully I can keep from hurting myself (non-gym related) long enough to enjoy it for a while.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hit it a little bit harder today, feeling good.

I got some training in last night. Squats and deads. Felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back