Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I'm ready to switch back to these grips. I had them on my old irons and still have them on driver/woods/60*. Got new irons in the spring and they didn't have UTx so I settled for NDMC… I've had UTx on my 60* for 10 months now and can't believe how tacky it still is. Just love the softer feel and how it doesn't tear my hands up as bad as the NDMC.

Exactly what I love about them. Durable as hell for me, and rough without being brutal on my hands like NDMC's can be over time.

I'm sold on this grip 100%. It's simply great at everything in every condition.

It's tough on gloves for me, but at the performance it offers I don't really care.

I really like these grips so far. I ordered RSI 1 irons with these grips so I guess they are the same.

They do seem to tear up my gloves faster though.

I'm sold on this grip 100%. It's simply great at everything in every condition.

It's tough on gloves for me, but at the performance it offers I don't really care.
Totally agree on everything, nothing I've found beats these. Glad I stocked up on the green masters grips too.

I am glad you introduced me these grips, I freaking love them, they are the only grip I use. I can even use these without a glove

Totally agree on everything, nothing I've found beats these. Glad I stocked up on the green masters grips too.

#guessIdontjustmakestuffup

:alien:

Exactly what I love about them. Durable as hell for me, and rough without being brutal on my hands like NDMC's can be over time.

I had the exact opposite experience. I had to take this off because it was tearing up my right hand so badly. Never had a grip do that before.

I had the exact opposite experience. I had to take this off because it was tearing up my right hand so badly. Never had a grip do that before.

Interesting. Ever since I got the NDMC I've had a huge blister on my left thumb that won't go away. If I'm playing a lot I get blisters other places as well. But I rarely wear a glove when I'm chipping or practice chipping with UTx

Interesting. Ever since I got the NDMC I've had a huge blister on my left thumb that won't go away. If I'm playing a lot I get blisters other places as well. But I rarely wear a glove when I'm chipping or practice chipping with UTx

Yep, NDMC are the definition of sandpaper IMO....and I love them for that (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment), but these are just so so so so so so so so much better and blend that cord and non cord feel brilliantly.

It is my lower non glove hand where I had the problem. On my left hand I can't say that the UTx was any more or less harsh, but it is the softer rubber on the bottom half of the NDMC that is a lot easier on my right hand.

I got these installed on my RSI irons. Are these UTX grips. I don't see any cord in them like I thought the UTX had normally?

Thanks

Those look like the R.E.L. Ace grips from Lamkin

I hope not.... I ordered these straight from TM.

Theres no cord in those, they're 3gens, not UTx.

These are the TM version of the UTx:
R15_Grip.jpg

UTX's were on clearance for $2.97 at dicks sporting goods today. Not sure if it's nationwide, but worth checking into if you need some.

Theres no cord in those, they're 3gens, not UTx.

These are the TM version of the UTx:
R15_Grip.jpg

well that sux, but thanks

I need these!!

3dd94f71df53670a181f0478d5395759.jpg

Get in line Mike!

I picked up a bunch of these from Dicks yesterday on clearance for 2.97 each...Great deal on a great grip....I guess there clearing out the old for the new ones I see on the Lamkin website.

I did notice that some of the grips were made in Mexico and some where made in China...Didn't really notice any difference in them except the ones made in Mexico seemed to be a little stiffer before I installed them. Anybody else notice any difference?

Joe

I picked up a bunch of these from Dicks yesterday on clearance for 2.97 each...Great deal on a great grip....I guess there clearing out the old for the new ones I see on the Lamkin website.

I did notice that some of the grips were made in Mexico and some where made in China...Didn't really notice any difference in them except the ones made in Mexico seemed to be a little stiffer before I installed them. Anybody else notice any difference?

Joe
Hmm that's a great deal. Thanks for posting that I might have to go grab some of these for my wedges.

The Dick's in my area still had these on clearance for $2.97. Bought a dozen for next year (or whenever the MCC4+'s wear out).

I've still got 30 or so, but I may need to make a run and grab some more.

I have been using the Utx grip since they came out. During Lamkins anniversary promo I won a set of the solid blue midsizes that just came out. I can't say enough about this grip. It was a battle between these and the MCC +4 but the price point puts these ahead of the game. Lamkin also has the best customer service. The set I won had some standard size but error and I did notice until after I regripped a set of iron I use for traveling. I called to buy some since no one carries the solid blue around here and told them about the standards being sent and they apologized and sent out another whole set. I even tried to pay for shipping and they said dont worry about it. Great move by them and won a customer for life

is the 2.97 on the old multi colored UTx's?

Back