What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Somewhere along the way, I picked up a box of Callaway SR3. I put them in the bag Tuesday night and had my low 9 of the year, a decent 9 on Thursday, and my low 18 of the year today. The ball feels (sounds) more firm at impact than what I've played lately (Chrome Soft, B330-Rx, e6) and I can't say for sure that I don't prefer that. Distance was huge off the tee today, and I even spun approach shots back on Tuesday (none that I specifically remember from the other two rounds).

Somewhere along the way, I picked up a box of Callaway SR3. I put them in the bag Tuesday night and had my low 9 of the year, a decent 9 on Thursday, and my low 18 of the year today. The ball feels (sounds) more firm at impact than what I've played lately (Chrome Soft, B330-Rx, e6) and I can't say for sure that I don't prefer that. Distance was huge off the tee today, and I even spun approach shots back on Tuesday (none that I specifically remember from the other two rounds).

I think that entire line of golf balls could have been great if they didn't go with that name. Just my two cents lol

I think that entire line of golf balls could have been great if they didn't go with that name. Just my two cents lol
I was surprised because I had it in my head that they were a disappointment (I think Harry even alluded to this, but that's probably from a sales perspective).

I was also given a box of SR2s, and I did not like those at all. Nothing really from a performance standpoint (I was still playing PUTRID golf when trying to game those), but I seemed to cut the snot out of the cover. Trees, cart paths, and par 3 garbage cans will do that I guess.

Pro V1. Hey, I got them free. I like them but find little difference between them and other premium balls as far as feel, sound, or playability. My real opinion is that if you like these and buy your own do yourself a favor and try the TM TP balls. Very little difference except the price.

Wilson 50 Elite. Had a little bit of money left on a gift card and wanted to give the low compression thing a try.

Had drives on at least two holes where the shots were good enough to compare. Distance was nearly identical with B330RX. Obviously not as much green action but not as much difference as I expected. Stopped just fine on full wedges. Great feel.

Makes me want to try the Duo/Duo Spin. Great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the Chrome Soft today, and back to bad golf. There can't be a correlation, so I'll refrain from blaming the ball.

One thing for me, is the chrome soft appears way more durable than the SR series.

Decisions, decisions on what to play tomorrow.

Played some free DUO balls. Feel very soft but performed well.

I played some SR2s yesterday and today. I played with two of my usual twosome today and they commented that they hadn't seen me hit the ball so poorly since I met them over a year ago. I can't blame the balls for that though so this is pretty much a #PointlessPost.

Played a sleeve of newest B330 RX on Sunday and loved them. The feel and distance on my drives was awesome, pushing 300 yards. Spin was good on approach shots just a hop and stop. Putter felt great too. Had one of my lowest scores this year 35 and 39, my course is only 9 holes. I think I found my ball I just have to get through my other boxes of balls that I thought I needed to try out, kind of a ball hoarder.

I played a pro V1x for 18 holes on Friday. I played some of the same holes afterwards with a chrome soft. 15 yards shorter off the tee with the chrome soft. was very odd. Distances with irons was same and spin around greens was acceptable as well.

New Gen ProV1, now I realize why everyone likes them, they were absolutely phenomenal

Pro V1, best ball I've ever played. Found a really sweet deal and bought 8 dozens for $25 a piece. I know an older gentleman who's daughter is sponsored and gets a dozen almost twice a week. He sells them to me for $25 a dozen and I buy all he has. For that price I will play these balls until I'm in my 90's haha! Have 7 dozens sitting in my room waiting for me to hit them. I'm also scheduled to pick up 2 more dozens by the end of August. It's the only ball I will play. Great distance, feel, spin and ball flight.

Pro V1, best ball I've ever played. Found a really sweet deal and bought 8 dozens for $25 a piece. I know an older gentleman who's daughter is sponsored and gets a dozen almost twice a week. He sells them to me for $25 a dozen and I buy all he has. For that price I will play these balls until I'm in my 90's haha! Have 7 dozens sitting in my room waiting for me to hit them. It's the only ball I will play. Great distance, feel, spin and ball flight.

Wow, that's amazing!

Found and used a junky Top Flight XL ball. That thing is LOUD!

Broke out the yellow Z Stars for the first time yesterday and I am pretty happy with them. Can definitely tell there us more spin off the driver and that will take a little getting used to but the nice thing about the z stars is the spin and feel around the green. Really nice ball.

I played Chrome Soft "Truvis" golf balls this week end. Obviously the same performance as the Chrome Soft which is nice but the "Truvis" pattern on the ball made it interesting. In a funny way it really does seem to change your focus on the ball but I still felt like I was hitting a little soccer ball. I bought a dozen and will obviously use them until they are gone but not sure if I will buy any more.

I've been testing the new Mizuno MP-X, wanted to see the difference with the MP-S I play for almost 2 years
The MP-S take a bit more spin on my drive shots, than a ProV1 I think, but they're incredible on the greens

But the MP-X didn't even pass a small 9 hole compact test, 3 balls on the green with marks to the bone...

I know a store that doesn't sell them anymore, to fragile
love the distance with the driver and the fell around the greens, almost the same sound out of my putter, but I hope they improve the quality fast

RD1 - Chrome Soft Yellow

RD2 - Srixon Z-Star Yellow

I enjoy the heck out of both, though the action I get into the greens with the Z is redonkulous for me.

RD1 - Chrome Soft Yellow

RD2 - Srixon Z-Star Yellow

I enjoy the heck out of both, though the action I get into the greens with the Z is redonkulous for me.

I used my old Vokeys with a Chrome Soft this weekend and it was back to the ridiculous 20 feet yoyo's.

It was cool the first time but then I remembered why I couldn't use them.:beat-up:

I've been experimenting with different balls. Usually play Srixon zstar xv, but wanted to find a "budget premium" ball. Tried the wilson duo spin. While it feels amazing off the face of all clubs, the driver distance isn't there and the lack of green side spin made it tough to play with. I picked up the Maxfli u/4 for 17.99 at dicks and was extremely impressed. Played the first 9 with the duo soft and second nine with u/4. The u/4 felt like a rock but the spin and distance was excellent. May have just been the huge difference in compression. Played with the new prov1x today and outperformed the u/4 just by a bit, but I won't be buying the prov1x over the u/4. Stock up while you can!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Tried some Nike RZN Black balls this past weekend for a round and really liked them. These will definitely be in rotation with my NXT Tour S balls.

I used my old Vokeys with a Chrome Soft this weekend and it was back to the ridiculous 20 feet yoyo's.

It was cool the first time but then I remembered why I couldn't use them.:beat-up:
You gotta control that!

I played Softs again today. Just love them, though when I get a little steep with the wedges, they'll back right off the greens...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I game either the Duo Spin or the Chrome Soft and since I was running low on the Soft I decided to try the "Truvis" version. As expected, typical Chrome Soft feel/performance.

Since all of my tee shots were easy to find in the fairway I had to hit a couple of errant 3W second shots to test how easy they are to find in the rough. I'm happy to report that the pattern does help in locating them.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Won a sleeve of Taylormade Tour Preferred this weekend and played a round today with one. Was like hitting a rock. Hated it.

Back