Official NBA Thread

Everybody was right
south beach

... and basketball dies in Cleveland.

I will say it here right now. They will not win the championship in 2011. I will go a step further and say they will not go to the finals either.

I will say it here right now. They will not win the championship in 2011. I will go a step further and say they will not go to the finals either.

Three ball hawgs on one court, D. Wade used to being the only guy. Hmmm

Three ball hawgs on one court, D. Wade used to being the only guy. Hmmm

Bosh is anything but a ball hog. Not at all actually.

Win the whole thing... Maybe not. But not get into the finals? Who in the East will contend? Magic maybe, but that's about it...

Win the whole thing... Maybe not. But not get into the finals? Who in the East will contend? Magic maybe, but that's about it...

Nope. Magic or Boston can both contend. Nobody has seen these guys play together in a NBA game, lets slow down before we give them a title.

I think they will make the finals, not too sold on the whole thing though. 2 big egos to deal with for sure.

This whole ESPN special and all is just a freakin joke. This another reason why I hate what the once great NBA has become. Laughable.

This whole ESPN special and all is just a freakin joke. This another reason why I hate what the once great NBA has become. Laughable.
I gotta admit, this was very rookie like. It surely didn't have the look of a professional athlete making a decision. I was waiting for his high school coach to step out with his parents.

Nope. Magic or Boston can both contend. Nobody has seen these guys play together in a NBA game, lets slow down before we give them a title.

I agree with you on not winning the championship. And you're right, besides the Olympics (which isn't NBA ball), no one knows how they'll mesh together. But, I think Boston is done. I think Magic are the only contenders in the East to get into the Finals. My theory is that Lebron's avg pts will be dropping, with assists/rebounds going up. To me, it's already a big step that Lebron has put aside some pride to play with another superstar.

I do know that a top 10 play will come from the Heat every night they play though!

This was painful to watch. I don't follow basketball and couldn't care less which team LeBron went to but for JB I sucked it up and watched and I can't believe how ESPN dragged it out for so long. And who was that joker doing the interview he was terrible! "Are you still a nail biter" Really? Did he really ask that question, who cares just say who you are picking already!

I agree with you on not winning the championship. And you're right, besides the Olympics (which isn't NBA ball), no one knows how they'll mesh together. But, I think Boston is done. I think Magic are the only contenders in the East to get into the Finals. My theory is that Lebron's avg pts will be dropping, with assists/rebounds going up. To me, it's already a big step that Lebron has put aside some pride to play with another superstar.

I do know that a top 10 play will come from the Heat every night they play though!

People said the same thing about Boston last year (Im sure you did as well), they were too old, and done, and they went to the finals and lost in game 7. Now they add Jermaine O'Neal to the team. Far from done. The Heat will win about 65 games and be huge (just like the Cavs were) and then come up short.

Absolutely right JB, there is not way they will contend, i have been saying it all day, Magic, Celtics, and two or three teams in the west are better TEAMS and teams win championships

Totally a joke, it pissesme off wasting tme on this stuff

People said the same thing about Boston last year (Im sure you did as well), they were too old, and done, and they went to the finals and lost in game 7. Now they add Jermaine O'Neal to the team. Far from done. The Heat will win about 65 games and be huge (just like the Cavs were) and then come up short.

:clapp:

The Heat will be a great team, no question, but I dont think they do it in year 1. They are comparing it to the Celtics, but the Celtics drafted Rondo and Perkins and they were on the roster. The Heat have to go find these players and find them to play on the exemption or for the minimum.

idk i say they make it to the finals and might even win it all. they're pro athletes they will find a way to make it work. like everyone says big 3s win championships and they have the best big 3 there is in my opinion and ya they dont have a good bench or for that fact no bench at all but they will sign some players and i think they will be just fine.

My guess is that they think they are going to find better players for the minimum then normal because of who they signed. They'll pitch "look who you get to play with and what a great chance to win a championship" to these guys and hope they bite on it.

My guess is that they think they are going to find better players for the minimum then normal because of who they signed. They'll pitch "look who you get to play with and what a great chance to win a championship" to these guys and hope they bite on it.

yup thats what im thinking as well and i also think it will work to for some players. i mean who would not want to play with them and have a shot at a title?

Back