• hybs jumbo

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would imagine in a unique community such as THP where so many have fitted clubs that there are probably a lot of varying grip sizes too. Not really about what make or model but about thickness.
I also imagine we might be gaming different size grips for our irons vs our woods and even vs hybrids
I assume there is no real standard but lets just call them that anyway.

So we'll call them Thinnest to thickest - Undersized, standard, midsized, jumbo or thickest

I know its a lot of poles (multi vote please)
But I don't think we have really discussed this too much so I thought it would be good to see and read comments about it.

Last edited:
I play standard on my hybrid and woods, but I do put a few extra wraps under them.

All standard for me. I have pretty small hands though.

Standard on irons and wedges. Midsize on driver and 3 wood.

Everything standard size for me grip wise but I add 1 extra wrap top and 2 extra on the bottom.

Standard with midsize putter

Standard with 3 extra wraps of tape so in essence a mid-size on all of my clubs and a Winn 15" Counterbalanced Putter Grip that is slightly larger than a standard putter grip.

All standard sized grips but I have 2 wraps of tape under.

Midsized all the way through.

I am playing standard wraps on my clubs, but I have 3 wraps under them.

Std grips + 2 wraps on all clubs but the driver and putter.
Driver has the MCC Plus 4 Midsize on it.
Putter has the Super Stroke Slim 3.0.

Standard for everything but my driver is a midsize.

standard on everything but putter. I have used super strokes and the SeeMore counter balanced putter grips that are a bit bigger.

Standard size +3 wraps

Standard .600 grip + 2 wraps on a standard .600 butt shaft. No extra wraps when putting a .580 grip on a .600 shaft.

Midsize on everything.

NDMC Midsize on everything for me.

Midsized all the way through - now everything else feels like a toothpick!

Mix of jumbo (oversize) and midsize. I have a few different combos that I am trying out. Big hands... Glove size XXL

I use standard size/stock grips on everything. IF I did more with my grips, I might use three layers tape wraps to give it just a little more thickness, but not much more than standard due to my small sized hands.

I'm never embarrassed to ask what may be the simplest question. I'm not sure I understand the tape thing. What is the tape as some say underneath wrapped? Why not then just use a thicker grip? Not familiar with the tape thing. I use to play hockey and taped my handle but I assume this is a different thing? Someone enlighten me on this.

Also I never did mention my preference. I use midsize on irons and standard on woods. But I may try midsize on my woods. And even been considering inceasing my irons to a jumbo but not sure I want to go there.

Standard size +3 wraps

Why not just a thicker grip? As per my last post, what is this whole wrapping vs just using a thicker grip?
I never really been nor am now in possession of much education on grips besides simply picking what I thought felt good and then went with them.

Why not just a thicker grip? As per my last post, what is this whole wrapping vs just using a thicker grip?
It feels like it reduces the taper better. Also, there are not a lot of color options in midsized grips. If you're after personality, you have to get creative.

Back