Callaway Great Big Bertha Fairway Wood Preview Thead

What is the function of the screw/weight in the center of the sole? It looks like a gravity core but presumably isn't since there's no mention of one.

What is the function of the screw/weight in the center of the sole? It looks like a gravity core but presumably isn't since there's no mention of one.

If you read through the GBB Driver thread, both myself and Jason Finley explain it.
Its about CG placement. By having a weight there, you are keeping CG low, below the ball, where you want it for most golfers, especially with a FW wood, where launch is necessary.

You might want to wait on the divine 9 - FL doesn't need any more rain than it has now. I'm skeptical as to whether I'd put the Divine 9 in the bag, but I really want to hit it. Because I don't think I ever thought I'd keep a 21 degree fairway in the bag either.

I like a hybrid in what would be that spot but I'd be open to hitting it just for fun. I'd probably like it, and then be upset that I bought one

I like a hybrid in what would be that spot but I'd be open to hitting it just for fun. I'd probably like it, and then be upset that I bought one

I have the same problem with the Heavenwood, actually. Absolutely love that 588 3h, but the Heavenwood is stupid easy to hit. Have a hard time deciding which one to put in play.

If you read through the GBB Driver thread, both myself and Jason Finley explain it.
Its about CG placement. By having a weight there, you are keeping CG low, below the ball, where you want it for most golfers, especially with a FW wood, where launch is necessary.
Thanks, JB. I obviously skimmed the thread and missed that explanation.

JB. Will the Heavenwood have a larger head than the 5 and 7 woods like the V Series version ?

Adjustable Heavenwood? Holy hell.

I was ready to buy the V Series Heavenwood until I read this thread. I can wait.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Divine 9 sounds fun.

Does this have the same shaft options as the driver?

Does this have the same shaft options as the driver?

This, is a good question if you are referring to the no up's, in standard/stock it is the Kuro Kage Black 53

If this Heavenwood is in any way an improvement over the V-Series one…well I just don't see that happening. Ha.

Consider me super intrigued.

Callaway Great Big Bertha Fairway Wood Preview Thead

If this Heavenwood is in any way an improvement over the V-Series one…well I just don't see that happening. Ha.

Consider me super intrigued.

I'm in the same boat.... I keep reading this over and over... Imagining the whole time what this will be like because the current version is perfect for me right now

Ultimate Playability and Control
The head is larger than our typical fairway wood, and that extra surface area leads to a higher MOI for more forgiveness. We also added our legendary Warbird Soleplate which makes the club easy to hit from a variety of lies with a mid-launching trajectory.

Special Heavenwood and Divine Nine Options
These two clubs have a unique combination and tighter dispersion than you might get from your regular club configuration. The Heavenwood (20.5* loft, 43” shaft) and Divine Nine (24*, 42” shaft) could give you the perfect gapping for your bag

Adjustable Heavenwood? Holy hell.

Am I missing something? - From the first post: * OptiFit Adjustability not available in 7W and Divine 9.

Am I missing something? - From the first post: * OptiFit Adjustability not available in 7W and Divine 9.
That doesn't say Heavenwood, which would make ya think it is adjustable.

from JB post on page 2. Looks like 7w and heavenwood are two separate clubs

3W is 14 to 17
5W is 17 to 20
7W is 21
Divine 9 is 24
Heavenwood is 19 to 22

That doesn't say Heavenwood, which would make ya think it is adjustable.

Perfect, thanks. Always considered them one and the same for some reason.

Perfect, thanks. Always considered them one and the same for some reason.

You had me second guessing that I saw that somewhere then didn't see it in first post. I kinda thought they were to until this thread

You had me second guessing that I saw that somewhere then didn't see it in first post. I kinda thought they were to until this thread

It was just me making a bad assumption. Apparently the V-series line had both the 7W and the Heavenwood option.

Like what I hearing so far. But I do love my 5wood.

I think I'll treasure a hard look at a 5w in this offering

I love the 14-17 degree range in the 3W. I can definitely see it and the Heavenwood in my bag sooner rather than later. Hopefully they have several no-upcharge shafts (whatever they may be for the fairway woods) to try out at my club's demo day on the 16th!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Due to the pricing of the GBB Fwy, we are not able to offer the 19 no up-charge shafts like the driver. The stock shafts will be the Mitsubishi Bassara and Kuro Kage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to the pricing of the GBB Fwy, we are not able to offer the 19 no up-charge shafts like the driver. The stock shafts will be the Mitsubishi Bassara and Kuro Kage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I can confirm that both of these offer golfers a pretty wide range in feel and ball flight, as well as working incredibly with the club head.

Back