George Steinbrenner Passes Away

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning. He had a heart attack.

Wow! The face of the Yankees. Best wishes to his family and the Yankee organization.

queue the Boss vs. Billy Marin clips....

First Bob Sheppard, now the Boss. It is a sad week for the Yankee organization. RIP Boss!!!

Sad news. IMO the best owner in professional sports history. Had his bad moments of getting too involved but he gave his team a chance to win every year.

Red Auerbach may argue that point......
Sad news. IMO the best owner in professional sports history. Had his bad moments of getting too involved but he gave his team a chance to win every year.

very sad. I used to work at the Saratoga Racetrack when I was in High School. I was an usher in the private boxes. I would eat my breakfast every morning in his box. One morning he showed up. Instead of telling me to get out, he sat there and had breakfast with me. It was really cool. I was only 16. He couldn't have been nicer. We sat together for about 30 minutes.

Red Auerbach may argue that point......

I don't think Auerbach was the owner... Auerbach is definitely the best coach/GM/president ever

That makes 2 Yankee legends in just a few days :(

RIP Boss! He definitely had his moments but all in all a Yankee legend. Condolences to the Yankee organization and the Steinbrenner family.

It's been a sad week in pinstripes. First the Voice of God now this.

George brought the Yankees back to their dynasty days when he bought the club from CBS. The Yankees and Celtics are the biggest dynasties in sports in the USA. People hated George but he was an owner who put money back into his franchise and many in his era put the money back in their pocket. Losing both George and Bob Sheppard in the same week is a blow to the Yankee's. I for one am very sad as I will miss hearing Bob Sheppard introduction of each player when the Yankees were at home. The franchise may change now that George's sons are in charge. I just hope they continue to support the fans by putting the best team that they can on the field.

Not a yankee fan at all but I have to respect what George did. R.I.P. Boss.

very sad. I used to work at the Saratoga Racetrack when I was in High School. I was an usher in the private boxes. I would eat my breakfast every morning in his box. One morning he showed up. Instead of telling me to get out, he sat there and had breakfast with me. It was really cool. I was only 16. He couldn't have been nicer. We sat together for about 30 minutes.

That is a awesome story and one you can pass on for a long time.

I must say I always found him annoying but he changed the way pro sports were ran. Its too bad he didnt make it to see himself elected into the HOF because he belongs there. RIP George.

wow sad day and week for the Yankess organization. first The Voice now The Boss. Love him or hate him, all the man wanted to do was win and he was also a very generous man.I guess its kinda of fitting that he passed on the day of the All Star game. RIP George

without a doubt Gasman, first ballot

That is a awesome story and one you can pass on for a long time.

I must say I always found him annoying but he changed the way pro sports were ran. Its too bad he didnt make it to see himself elected into the HOF because he belongs there. RIP George.

Seinfeld reruns won't be as funny now :(

Back