What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow dude great score and how in the world are you still missing fairways??? Could have been 59 watch lol

Like 5/6 of them i was just in the first cut. Wasn't as bad as the numbers show

44 at league tonight. I was pulling everything today, including my driver, which I never do. I striped two hybrids off the tee, but that was about it. I'm putting too much pressure on myself right now.

44 at league tonight. I was pulling everything today, including my driver, which I never do. I striped two hybrids off the tee, but that was about it. I'm putting too much pressure on myself right now.
I know the feeling. Just enjoy your time preparing. Your game will be what it will be in Sept, (which is pretty good right now) so just get consistent and work on short game. Be the guy who destroys dreams with a wedge!!

What did you shoot today?

44 in my league tonight with FOUR lost balls. Two each with the driver and Heavenwood. BUT, man, my swing has never felt this good and I hit just about everything right on the screws. Chipped and putted well also. Feels like I'm close…

Last edited:
In Phoenix for work and had some time to head up and play the Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale, I figured why not, it was only 112 degrees...

It was really a tale of two 9's going 47/40 for an 87. The front 9 I was 11 over with 2 pars and four (yes FOUR!!) doubles. Just was really struggling and couldn't get it together. The back 9 however was different. 3 pars and a birdie on 16 that I hit a 9 iron to 4 feet. Putted really well on the back with no 3 putts.

Really fun course and absolutely beautiful.

Shot 40/38-78 in men's club tonight with 3 birdies, 3 bogies, and 3 doubles. I played pretty well. I wasnt hitting alot of greens (7) but the short game work I put in this week really came through. Putter was on fire too with 9 one putts but I had a few bad swings that really cost me a low number. Really liking where my game has been these last few weeks, though. Golf has been fun.

Very mediocre +4, 38 in men's league. Finished up by getting #owned125 on a par 5. Good drive followed by best strike of the day with hybrid to be just beyond the fringe in 2, no more than 25-30 feet from the pin. Contemplating chipping in, at worst should be an easy up and down. Instead take four to get down and halve the hole with bogey. Just stupid.

Shot a 40 in my league tonight and tied for first place(net). No 3-jacks & no birds.
Took advantage of the hard fairways with a poke of 290yds on one hole for my best shot of the day.

shot a disappointing 40 tonight in league play. 3 putted first 2 holes and three putted the last hole and had one penalty stroke to post the 4 over par 40

shot a disappointing 40 tonight in league play. 3 putted first 2 holes and three putted the last hole and had one penalty stroke to post the 4 over par 40
Time for a new putter? Just kidding :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I shot 40 + 39 = 79 today. My golf course almost felt easy today compared to The Harbour Club of Savannah where I shot 85 on Saturday. We don't have the rough that the Harbour Club has plus my tees (White) at Lane Creek are shorter playing right at 6000 yards today. All the white tees were on extreme back of box. My course's greens are it's defense and they are still not up to speed after aeration a few weeks back. I was even par on the back at hole #16. Hit an ok tee shot pin high right side of the green and chunked my chip short of the green. Chipped it by the hole and then two putted for a five. Made par on 17th and although I killed my drive on 18 and then proceeded to pull my approach shot left with a tricky downhill chip to a short pin position. Chunked my chip and two putter for another bogey.

I shot 40 + 39 = 79 today. My golf course almost felt easy today compared to The Harbour Club of Savannah where I shot 85 on Saturday. We don't have the rough that the Harbour Club has plus my tees (White) at Lane Creek are shorter playing right at 6000 yards today. All the white tees were on extreme back of box. My course's greens are it's defense and they are still not up to speed after aeration a few weeks back. I was even par on the back at hole #16. Hit an ok tee shot pin high right side of the green and chunked my chip short of the green. Chipped it by the hole and then two putted for a five. Made par on 17th and although I killed my drive on 18 and then proceeded to pull my approach shot left with a tricky downhill chip to a short pin position. Chunked my chip and two putter for another bogey.

Great round, Bill!

41/41=82 at Little Fishing Creek, missed 2 FWs, only hit 4 GIRs, 1 birdie, 0 3 putts. Hit the ball fairly good but missed getting up and down several times. I was playing our courses senior tees at 6000 yards.

43-43 86 was 4 over on the back going into 18, pulled drive right into rough, 180 to green over a tree no prob.... no way hit tree drop straight down...I can punch a 5 wood under the tree and over the small creek... no you can't. Result triple. Why is chip out for clean shot at the green always the last and never used option? I'm an idiot.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not a good day with the flat stick. Shot 41-39=80...uggh....

The driver was working, the approaches were average, but I just couldn't get a putt to fall.

Shot an 84 today, but it was probably the best 84 I've ever shot. I think I figured some things out with the putter and was rolling it great. I've been laid up for the last week and I could tell, I was pretty wiped out by hole 14 which caused the swing to break down and caused a couple of doubles. It's amazing what happens when you have zero physical activity for a week!

Nice round Bill. I still hope to get down there and try those greens out. Ours are slowed down right now because of heat/humidity (bent grass).

I haven't been playing too good lately, can't get my heart into it, just going through the motions but the last two days have seen things turn in the right direction.

I played the blues (70.2/133) today, walked front, rode the back nine. Fairways 64%, greens 67%, two birdies, two bogies, and a double on front, three straight bogies and then finished with six pars on the back for a solid 77 (38, 39)

Mid 90's I think a 96 forgot to grab the card, putting was not good and I really struggled the first couple holes coming from my lesson and being told to skip ahead a few holes by the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90 yesterday with 2.4 putts per hole. Wonder what I need to work on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Parkview Golf Course
Pekin Illinois
6000 Par 70 (65.4/102)

43/36-79

No Birdies

The lower back/hip was excruciating today. I probably should not have played. This is a course I should really score very well on, but it was impossible for me to get to my left side. I was making a swing that you see many beginners make where they are going backwards at impact and finishing on their right foot. I made a 12 footer for par on 18 that I misread and mishit that somehow found the bottom of the cup for the 79.

NyRStxY.png

Last edited:
Nice round Bill. I still hope to get down there and try those greens out. Ours are slowed down right now because of heat/humidity (bent grass).

I haven't been playing too good lately, can't get my heart into it, just going through the motions but the last two days have seen things turn in the right direction.

I played the blues (70.2/133) today, walked front, rode the back nine. Fairways 64%, greens 67%, two birdies, two bogies, and a double on front, three straight bogies and then finished with six pars on the back for a solid 77 (38, 39)

Nice shoot Lefty! Our greens are still being lightly sanded to help complete the aeration a few weeks back. Slow process but they will be beautiful in a couple weeks.

45/42-87. Battled the shanks on a hole on the front but thankfully those went away. Just struggled to get anything going. Was in pretty good shape off the tee consistently but approach shots and short game weren't there today. Also, couldn't buy a putt, was burning edges all day.

Played bogey golf today. Shot a 45. That was with a double and a triple. Three pars brought me back to respectability. Two bad shots cost me probably my best nine holes ever. Felt in control though. 3/7 FIR, 17 putts and three of those were not great so ... definite room for improvement.

Game is getting there though. Last par 5 I sliced my tee shot, but recovered for par.

My best round since early June today. A 4 under 68 with a bogey free 32 on the back nine. I birdied the last three holes capped off with a somewhat lucky 40 foot downhill breaking putt on 18 that somehow found the hole!! Time for a couple Fresh Squeezed IPA's out the keg in the man cave!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back